***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol...I watch it with my wife too and sometimes it causes little arguments bc she would ask me who I would choose if I were the Bachelor. Sometimes she doesn't like the answer I give and then it's 30 min of me after the show having to explain to her why I made that choice and why my answer has nothing to do with why I married her. lol.
You should remind her that you're Kobe Bryant and you can get any woman you want.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watching this Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix. Such a crazy story.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been watching Hurricane Katrina documentaries.

I saw it happen live on TV, but never truly grasped how fucked up it was before/during/after.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I've been watching Hurricane Katrina documentaries.

I saw it happen live on TV, but never truly grasped how fucked up it was before/during/after.

I was the same way. Never really though much about it until I started dating my now wife. Her family lives in Bay St. Louis Mississippi, where it was hit just as hard. They have some crazy stories about the storms and aftermath. First time I went down there in 2013 we were just driving around to get dinner and you could still see old pieces of buildings destroyed. Crazy scene.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was the same way. Never really though much about it until I started dating my now wife. Her family lives in Bay St. Louis Mississippi, where it was hit just as hard. They have some crazy stories about the storms and aftermath. First time I went down there in 2013 we were just driving around to get dinner and you could still see old pieces of buildings destroyed. Crazy scene.

The level of suffering that the government allowed, was staggering.

You can argue about all the politics around planning and execution and paying for it, but in the end the Federal and State governments allowed the victims of Katrina to suffer and die.

They chose to play games versus jumping in the deep end and helping in any and every way they could.

Even local govt bullshit made it worse... one story about people who were trying to walk out of the city to somewhere safe and they were met by a police dept that stopped them at gunpoint and made them return to a destroyed city with no food, water, nor shelter.

Another story of how these people were told to go to this nearly empty Naval base and the Navy could help take care of them... it was an evacuated base with plenty of empty housing units and supplies and they turned these people away at gunpoint as well.... no offer of food or water or advice on where to go or what to do... just "Fuck off, we have orders"

These were American citizens whom had their homes destroyed..... lost loved ones.... and they were met with at best indifference and at worst outright hostility at the end of a gun.

I see this bullshit in my job... corporate America politics "Not my job... not my team's responsibility.... I don't have the funding or resources.... blah blah blah" and often you have to cut thru the bullshit as a leader and say "We have problems to solve here... major problems, so either help solve the problems or fuck off and send me your boss"

No one in a sufficiently high enough position seemed to do that before/during/after Katrina.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heard some mixed things about the Aaron Hernandez doc.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finished first 2 episodes of Dracula. Entertaining so far. Not overly fond of Dracula as I was expecting someone more conflicted but the nun is really interesting.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This Aaron Hernandez documentary is incredibly hard to watch... it’s very sad but so far an excellent docuseries. Heartbreaking and enlightening is the best way I can describe it IMHO.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Circle is addicting.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The outsider on hbo so far is really good. But I’m gearing up to be disappointed like other hbo shows lol

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finished first 2 episodes of Dracula. Entertaining so far. Not overly fond of Dracula as I was expecting someone more conflicted but the nun is really interesting.

Checked out the first episode over the weekend and overall agree with this post. They are really playing up Dracula as an inhuman monster, but the nun is just total badass from start.

Will knock out the other two by the end of the week I am sure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finished the 3rd episode which was a total change from first 2. Still not sure if I liked it or not.

Also finished 2nd season of Lost in Space which was really good.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Finished the 3rd episode which was a total change from first 2. Still not sure if I liked it or not.

Also finished 2nd season of Lost in Space which was really good.
I liked the first two episodes and didn’t care for the third one at all

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watching the playoffs last week live I was exposed to commercials. Usually dvr and fast forward, but wanted to see it live.

I saw the commercial for Tacoma FD season 2 coming in march, and was unaware the show existed.
I checked it out on demand and was surprised to find some actual laugh out loud moments- particularly the full moon episode.

If you havent heard of it, it is the Broken Lizard guys as firemen.

Surprisingly, I am looking forward to season 2.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks