***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Has anyone tried watching the 2nd season of The Terror?

I enjoyed the first season, but it was probably Jared Harris and a couple of other actors who kept it interesting.

But the 2nd season is perhaps one of the worst things I have ever tried watching. Brutal writing, and even worse acting. Just jumbled crap. I have no idea why they tried doing this.

I'm getting so jaded, that I am having problems suspending disbelief for any fictional show or book now.

The wife and I watched this and about three episodes before the end I was like "Fuck this show, I don't like it am not watching it anymore." She watched the rest of it and said it tied shit together at the end, but it just got too far off the tracks for me to even enjoy it. The first season I did enjoy, it was way better than the second in my opinion.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
El Camino was good. It made me want to watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul all over again.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

this is the second thing I’m interested in with Disney plus

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
El Camino was good. It made me want to watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul all over again.
I liked El Camino too, but I wasn't expecting much. It was boring at times, but a good way to wrap up Jessie's story.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Succession, Ozark and Mindhunter are currently my favorite shows on television. I thought season one of Succession was damn good but season two was even better.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Don’t know if this has been brought up on here yet but “Prodigal Son” on FOX is really good so far (only 4 episodes in). Highly recommend you guys give it a chance. It’s currently on Hulu.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Anyone watch first episode of watchMen?

audience score of 49% so far. I need to see better ratings by episode 5 if I’m bothering with this

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone watch first episode of watchMen?

audience score of 49% so far. I need to see better ratings by episode 5 if I’m bothering with this
my wife tried watching it yesterday but she fell asleep. She says she will try again today

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If any of you guys are into documentaries type shows, there's a show on Netflix called "Unnatural Selection". It raises eithical concerns about this great scientific advance called CRISPR. You can basically edit your genes. It's a good technology to have to fix genetic diseases but it can get out of hand in the hands of the wrong people. As of now, it's not a perfect technology yet bc it's still not specific enough to the cell

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I know some of the kit devs and have an original CRISPR kit from the first crowd source. Very cool stuff. Too bad when concerns are brought up, seems like those funding efforts are trying to push the spotlight away from their own shady work in genetic engineering. Genetic hacking is here to stay, regardless of the technology. Now we just watch the alarmists try to make normally open innovators go into hiding and people get bad information instead, causing a great deal more harm than anything a method of DNA/RNA alteration can do openly. Whatever, humans don't learn from history(selectively at best), no surprise.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know some of the kit devs and have an original CRISPR kit from the first crowd source. Very cool stuff. Too bad when concerns are brought up, seems like those funding efforts are trying to push the spotlight away from their own shady work in genetic engineering. Genetic hacking is here to stay, regardless of the technology. Now we just watch the alarmists try to make normally open innovators go into hiding and people get bad information instead, causing a great deal more harm than anything a method of DNA/RNA alteration can do openly. Whatever, humans don't learn from history(selectively at best), no surprise.
yeah....my opinion is that people will do shady shit regardless. If they can improve this technology enough that you can delete and replace the affected genes without causing harm to other cells, I'm all for it. If it can save lives, it's all good to me. I don't give a shit if someone wants to use CRISPR to give themselves wings or to make their babies all blondes with blue eyes. As long as sick people are getting help, I'm ok with it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
with This tech the super rich will live forever

sounds interesting might watch it while hitting the stair master

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
yeah....my opinion is that people will do shady shit regardless. If they can improve this technology enough that you can delete and replace the affected genes without causing harm to other cells, I'm all for it. If it can save lives, it's all good to me. I don't give a shit if someone wants to use CRISPR to give themselves wings or to make their babies all blondes with blue eyes. As long as sick people are getting help, I'm ok with it.

We'll have a mix of good and bad. That's just a fact of life. Funny, plastic surgery was justified as a use for deformations and burn victims. This tool that could be used for bad. Now most people see it as consequential. You can be a clown and look like one too. CRISPR isn't the first, isn't the last. All of it is very similar in how society goes through the steps to utilize it. In a decade, it will be something else. Rinse repeat.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone watching The Righteous Gemstones?