***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I haven’t played the game or read the books. I kind of get the same feeling as what you’re saying that once the setup in this season is over following seasons will be allot better. Glad you said that thought I was just trying to convince myself shit will get better cause I want this show to succeed lol
Seems that the consensus is that episode 1 was just all over the place and anyone who hadn't read the books/played the games would have no clue what's going on. I felt this way, decided to muscle through the next few episodes and each got better as it went along.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ok finished Witcher. I definitely think the second season will be better than this one. The last two episodes were really good.

I find it weird they used a whole season pretty much just to intro us to the characters. One thing I notice is unlike got they aren’t cheap at all with the budget. Scenery was great. Doesn’t seem like they are cutting corners to save money. They intro allot of characters for a show. That isn’t cheap and very detailed. I didn’t read the books but I’m getting that vibe so for those that did am I getting this right? Like in got they cut cut cut lots of stuff. Battles characters plots themes and only increases the budget once they saw it was a success

bottom line I think they should have gone 12 episodes and given us more than just an intro to the Witcher world

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Shit didnt realize Expanse season 4 was out on Amazon Prime. About to watch that.
I couldn’t get into this show at all. I stopped midway second season did it get better from that point?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So is Witcher worth my time or nah?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I couldn’t get into this show at all. I stopped midway second season did it get better from that point?
Can't comment on the show, but the books were great. Trying to remember who recommended awhile back. I think @botfly10

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I am about to dive into some Bears vs Chiefs tonight with much beer.
Followed by 6underground on Netflix with Ryan Reynolds

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
6 underground was solid. A typical Michael Bay film with lots of action and some pretty unbelievable athletic moves lol

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I liked it but might bother some cause it’s all intro to the Witcher world. I wouldnt blame anyone if they decided to start watching when season 2 comes out

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
6 underground was solid. A typical Michael Bay film with lots of action and some pretty unbelievable athletic moves lol
I normally like to hate on Michael Bay, but I enjoyed this one. It was so over the top that it actually worked for me. Pretty fun watch.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Re: the witcher. Toss your coin to the witcher had me rofling. That was like showgirls level bad.

I only played the game, never read the books. I may be suffering from fantasy fatigue. Will give it another few episodes cos nothing else to watch

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You've got more energy than me. I'll probably make it until the third quarter, and then wake up on the couch around midnight to turn the TV off. I'd force myself to stay awake if it meant something.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Tried getting into the expanse but I couldn’t. Should I bother keep watching?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You've got more energy than me. I'll probably make it until the third quarter, and then wake up on the couch around midnight to turn the TV off. I'd force myself to stay awake if it meant something.
I'm on break. But this is an ambitious task. I can only make an attempt. This movie comes highly recommended by Sean Salisbury. He called into a local sports talk show and made a point to say how undervalued and awesome the movie is. I will report back.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Looking forward to it. May not finish but I will report back when completed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems that the consensus is that episode 1 was just all over the place and anyone who hadn't read the books/played the games would have no clue what's going on. I felt this way, decided to muscle through the next few episodes and each got better as it went along.

Yeah that was intentional though. They purposefully wanted the audience to think all of this could be happening in same timeline. Wanted the audience to sort of discover as they went along that it wasn't.

Ok finished Witcher. I definitely think the second season will be better than this one. The last two episodes were really good.

I find it weird they used a whole season pretty much just to intro us to the characters. One thing I notice is unlike got they aren’t cheap at all with the budget. Scenery was great. Doesn’t seem like they are cutting corners to save money. They intro allot of characters for a show. That isn’t cheap and very detailed. I didn’t read the books but I’m getting that vibe so for those that did am I getting this right? Like in got they cut cut cut lots of stuff. Battles characters plots themes and only increases the budget once they saw it was a success

bottom line I think they should have gone 12 episodes and given us more than just an intro to the Witcher world

To be fair no one knew a show like GoT could succeed so they had to be cautious. By contrast Netflix purposefully wants Witcher to be one of their flagship series.

I would also say they took the first season to intro the characters because that really is how the first 2 books were. Since they were collections of short stories, they really were just fleshing out the characters more rather than telling a coherent story.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Well I liked it from the start so hard to say really. I just liked the politics of Earth, Mars and the Belt. They started to get into the alien stuff a bit more so depends on if you like that mystery.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If you like fantasy then yes. Takes a few episodes to hit its stride like around Episode 5. I think the later seasons will be better too as the novels are better than the short stories this first season is based on. There are some twists in store already set up this season that you will not find out about until much later.

I liked it but might bother some cause it’s all intro to the Witcher world. I wouldnt blame anyone if they decided to start watching when season 2 comes out

I wouldnt recommend because some of the characters introduced that seem insignificant now play major roles once the novels get going.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Yeah that was intentional though. They purposefully wanted the audience to think all of this could be happening in same timeline. Wanted the audience to sort of discover as they went along that it wasn't.
The problem is that once you figure out there are different timelines, they once again go and throw you more timelines without any explanation. It's not creative or thought provoking, just confusing. I enjoyed the story but it's some of the worst storytelling I've ever seen.