Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Check the 2nd post in this thread.

Funny thing is I liked the second post in the thread.

But I admit I stopped reading during all the ST rules differences.

Experimenting with a double forward pass? You'd think they'd LEAD with that shit instead of burying it mundanely in the bottom third. Oh well, my bad though.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
By my count there are at least 13 former Bears in the league. Some former high draft picks and players we traded for. Kinda sad.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
By my count there are at least 13 former Bears in the league. Some former high draft picks and players we traded for. Kinda sad.
Besides the past two years, our roster has been filled with scrubs lol. I mean Tre McBride/Tanner Gentry as your WR1/2??? ????

With all of the talent available at WR year in and year out, how is that even possible?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
LA's QB was a professional bowler. You can't make this shit up.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Tanner Gentry was in the list somewhere....

A part of my Chicago Bears fandom died inside me.... like the day Airese Curry was cut

?

No Will Sutton love?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Vince McMahon will give this project a good 3 seasons. He has the ego and the money. I personally hope it's a huge success as it's more football in a time where normally it's the wilderness.

I'd love to hear peoples thought's as to why NFL team's don't push for some type of practice squad league.
Change the contract's so it protects the club's from poaching but a practice squad league would allow player's to develop while showcasing their ability to their parent club and future clubs.
It wouldn't even need to be on TV just stick it on their own franchise network's, gamepass etc and allow it to grow without the pressure of TV ratings
Back in the 80’s. the NFL lost a Monopoly Case against Trump and others, they are afraid it could be a success and take money from the League.

IMO you need “Star” players to be a success, the NFL protects those guys, Rogers, Brady get the calls from the refs, it a business

Doesn’t help guys like Colin Cowturd kisses Rogers ass for three hr ADay.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Why did no one draft Cory "Poop" Johnson?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No Atlanta or Chicago team. I guess ill pick a random city team from a hat until the expansions ;)

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
This should be more fun than I thought. Just made a draftkings lineup because why not. I know most of these players from the NFL and college.

They have actually done a great job with marketing the XFL. There is a ton of hype and they dug in with DFS and online betting, still growing like a weed. This is the difference between the last time. Companies like Nike weren't going to dump ad dollars into the XFL.

This time DK, FD and all the others can produce a lot more revenue for them. These XFL contests are already big and filling up. So there is plenty of interest and the XFL is embracing it.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lets do this!

Fucking pumped. Usually this time of year I only have the NHL. I am crossing my fingers for exciting play and a ripple effect that helps the NFL wake the fuck up to obvious issues.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No Atlanta or Chicago team. I guess ill pick a random city team from a hat until the expansions ;)

Weird. But do what you need to do, brother. I am the type that can follow a whole league and have little to no rooting interests initially. Thing is, if you approach it that way, something will grab you. A scrappy team or an inspiring player.

I love the whole NHL and have no real "team" but every year there are stories that grab me and by the playoffs I have rooting interests that developed naturally through the course of a season.

Even in the NFL when the Bears are shit, I found reasons to root for some teams due to factors I was inspired by.

If you really want to pick a name from a hat, ok. But consider what I said.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Back in the 80’s. the NFL lost a Monopoly Case against Trump and others, they are afraid it could be a success and take money from the League.

IMO you need “Star” players to be a success, the NFL protects those guys, Rogers, Brady get the calls from the refs, it a business

Doesn’t help guys like Colin Cowturd kisses Rogers ass for three hr ADay.

NFL is right to worry. "Star" players are easy to create as long as talent is evident. And some people that predict doom are mistaken when they say "talent needs to be high".

I suspect talent just needs to be evident and on a semi-parity level. People all over get intrigued by high school and college football where talent is clearly way lower than the NFL.

Talent on display just needs to be "enough" in the view of the fans and then marketing needs to create "stars" and intriguing match-ups to generate buzz.

It isn't guaranteed but it isn't impossible - nor even that difficult to be honest considering who McMahon is.