Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
XFL 2020 Rules(Proposed)
To experiment with proposed rule changes, the XFL is running test games with community colleges, "Your Call Football," and the “Spring League” during its Spring 2019 season.

Among the proposed rule changes:

• During kickoffs teams will separated by only five yards, with the both teams not allowed to cross the neutral zone until the returning team touches the ball.
  • Fair catches will not be allowed. The kicking team must give the returner a five yards zone to recover the ball.
  • No converts. The extra point kick will be replaced with a scrimmage play, varying in point value depending on how far the touchdown-scoring team chooses to take the snap from the goal line: a two-yard attempt would score a single point, a five-yard attempt two points, and a fifteen-yard attempt three points.
  • All players behind the line of scrimmage will be eligible receivers, including those on the offensive line. Offensive linemen would still be prohibited from advancing downfield before a forward pass that crosses the line of scrimmage is in the air.
  • A one-yard neutral zone at scrimmage (like the CFL).
  • Offensive linemen (excluding the snapper) are not required to put their hand on the ground, outlawing the three-point stance used at all other levels of the game.
  • The XFL is experimenting in allowing a double-forward pass.
  • Outside of the two-minute drill, the clock will run continuously.
  • The play clock will be substantially shorter, with a proposed length of between 25 and 30 seconds.
  • A specialized “ball-judge” referee will be added to the officiating team to speed up the placement of the ball, bringing the number of on-field officials to eight.
  • Instant replay reviews will be limited to 30 seconds.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bort

Liked Posts:
WTF is a battlehawk

stock-vector-cartoon-fanny-fighting-crow-fighter-with-two-machine-guns-under-the-wings-461492026.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Houston Rednecks just stole the old Oilers logo???

That is the least shitiest logo of the bunch.....maybe an honorable mention to the Battlehawks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I expect this to be yet another flop.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why do people continue to make attempts at establishing pro football side leagues? It'll be out of business in a year or two like all the rest of them.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do people continue to make attempts at establishing pro football side leagues? It'll be out of business in a year or two like all the rest of them.

The difference here as opposed to the original XFL is that Vince McMahon is richer af now than he was the first time around. He invested $100M of his own money into this new league. He is worth $3.7B now, so I'm sure he's stubborn enough to keep throwing money at it, maybe even up to $500M to hopefully make it work.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The difference here as opposed to the original XFL is that Vince McMahon is richer af now than he was the first time around. He invested $100M of his own money into this new league. He is worth $3.7B now, so I'm sure he's stubborn enough to keep throwing money at it, maybe even up to $500M to hopefully make it work.

Maybe he can attract the services of Dak Prescott.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
The one saving grace this league may have is that they will compete with college football as opposed to the NFL. If they are recruiting players out of high school and paying them some top players may choose to play in thecXFL for three years.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The one saving grace this league may have is that they will compete with college football as opposed to the NFL. If they are recruiting players out of high school and paying them some top players may choose to play in thecXFL for three years.

Now that’s interesting. So you could have 19-20 year old KIDS playing against grown ass men?

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Now that’s interesting. So you could have 19-20 year old KIDS playing against grown ass men?

Theoretically yes. I am interested to see how it plays out. I doubt the XFL will be filling out their rosters with a bunch of 18-19 year olds but they may try to steal star players away from universities by paying them. Similar to a Marcus Dupree situation.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I cant take this league seriously. Are they seriously going to have an 8 team league?

The AAFL looked far more polished and set up for success than this...and I'm supposed to expect the XFL to succeed...?? Wont make it a year...probably not even one game

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
NFL will probably try to blackball the league, preventing kids from going from the XFL to the NFL.

Do those kids really want to forfeit the opportunity to play in the NFL? Especially to play in a newly formed league considering a more polished one in the AFL, folded before the season even ended...?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant take this league seriously. Are they seriously going to have an 8 team league?

The AAFL looked far more polished and set up for success than this...and I'm supposed to expect the XFL to succeed...?? Wont make it a year...probably not even one game

You underestimate the stubborness of Vince McMahon.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think the only way this league works is if they let fights happen. Or something drama filled like scripted finish move tackles.
Think about it. A fight would be plastered all over ESPN with every talking head ranting about it. This would give the XFL enormous publicity, good or bad.
If it is just good, honest football there is already college and NFL with the AFL bringing up the rear.
XFL has to bring something other to the table.