Offseason Stuff

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nothing about the juiced ball. He was just throwing meatballs. Trust me. He cost me a good bit of money on bets during the season. Guy was throwing hot garbage up there. Worth a look as the season could have just been an anomaly, but he was putting balls on a T.

Things happen. I would look at velocity. Location is more of a mechanical issue and you have to really look at the Cubs and their track record of correcting pitchers.

All I know is they need a better option than Wick and Underwood. If we were having this conversation next year and both of those guys cemented their roles than I would rather sit on home development.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Winkler and Morrow in the pen.
Could be a steal if they can stay healthy.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Winkler and Morrow in the pen.
Could be a steal if they can stay healthy.

Don't know too much about the first guy.

2nd guy I could say the same thing. Don't know too much about who he is anymore.

So to be honest this is just tossing random stuff on a fire to see what burns vs really looking at what they are putting on the burner.

Regardless I do expect them to go with Ryan and Wick as their main set up's and then they are just stockpiling timber.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Understand that but a lifetime .230 avg / .330 obp guy.
Is he really someone you need to think twice about was my point.
When you post you should have some knowledge of a player's contract before you determine how he should be handled.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
When you post you should have some knowledge of a player's contract before you determine how he should be handled.
You can always release people and eat the losses. And you should get a brain. You were wrong about the plagiarism so please shut up and go trolling with your own dumb kind.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Don't know too much about the first guy.

2nd guy I could say the same thing. Don't know too much about who he is anymore.

So to be honest this is just tossing random stuff on a fire to see what burns vs really looking at what they are putting on the burner.

Regardless I do expect them to go with Ryan and Wick as their main set up's and then they are just stockpiling timber.
Nationals won it with a fringe bullpen so might be doable with some timber around.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You can always release people and eat the losses. And you should get a brain. You were wrong about the plagiarism so please shut up and go trolling with your own dumb kind.
Not many release a player until they have an alternative. We would appreciate it if you stopped plagiarizing material you find on the internet then passing it off as your own. Be a man and own up to being caught

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Not many release a player until they have an alternative. We would appreciate it if you stopped plagiarizing material you find on the internet then passing it off as your own. Be a man and own up to being caught
Zach Short and a couple of young ones can fill the void.
If you want to keep on playing the stupid detective game go ahead.
Why the hell do I have to lie about some comments of my own you psycho-path.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Blake Treinen needs to be on their radar, bullpen help is needed and Treinen is definitely an interesting arm to look into. Sure he will be in high demand though.
He might be of great help but wonder if the front office wants to even spend that kind of money this year.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
For all the contracts that work out there's a lot that don't.
Miggy / Pujols / Bay and a lot others didn't work out so well either.

I'd give this front office a B in a sense that they
Nailed Lester / Darvish seems to be turning things around
Heyward is bad but is still somewhat useful / Chatwood did okay this year and could be a rotation guy this year.

Morrow and a couple others were bad but even the mighty Kenley Jansen probably won't live up to his contract.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
For all the contracts that work out there's a lot that don't.
Miggy / Pujols / Bay and a lot others didn't work out so well either.

I'd give this front office a B in a sense that they
Nailed Lester / Darvish seems to be turning things around
Heyward is bad but is still somewhat useful / Chatwood did okay this year and could be a rotation guy this year.

Morrow and a couple others were bad but even the mighty Kenley Jansen probably won't live up to his contract.
A B? Nailed lester in 2015. That earns a B?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Zach Short and a couple of young ones can fill the void.
If you want to keep on playing the stupid detective game go ahead.
Why the hell do I have to lie about some comments of my own you psycho-path.
Just because they protected Zach short from rule 5 does not mean he is ready to fill any void. They sent him to AAA and he hit .211. striking out about a third of the time. He is no closer to help as Amaya.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
A B? Nailed lester in 2015. That earns a B?
Theo was good in FA in the rebuild phase. He’s mostly failed in FA in the competing phase though. Overall he’s probably earned like a C in FA. He’s been better with trades and solid drafting and in international FA market

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just because they protected Zach short from rule 5 does not mean he is ready to fill any void. They sent him to AAA and he hit .211. striking out about a third of the time. He is no closer to help as Amaya.

Short is the system's best D short stop. He would be viewed as a emergency back up/day off (Javy never takes them) vs a starter.

But as is the plan most likely is to start Nico as he can start at 2B and back up SS. Which is less taxing on the roster than a D only player.

So I see it playing that way. Nico ready he has the back up SS gig. If not Short plays filler UI until Nico is ready to take over.

End of the day the job is Nico's. It really depends if he needs more development or not.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Short is the system's best D short stop. He would be viewed as a emergency back up/day off (Javy never takes them) vs a starter.
So we would be rostering a guy who is a defensive replacement when the starter is gold glove caliber? What if javy gets injured?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So we would be rostering a guy who is a defensive replacement when the starter is gold glove caliber? What if javy gets injured?

Short is viewed as a Plus D SS

That means better than Ademan and Nico.

Javy goes down expect Nico at SS and Bote at 2B.

They already trusted Nico at SS in a play off run. This year has a feel of what happens happens and push for adding or subtracting by midseason.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
My only point was they did not want someone to claim him in the rule 5.
I am not going to be surprised if Zobrist decides to try it again for Ross which might make the hole a little deeper.

Cubs are supposed to be close to signing Sergio Romo, should be done early in the week.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I am not going to be surprised if Zobrist decides to try it again for Ross which might make the hole a little deeper.

Cubs are supposed to be close to signing Sergio Romo, should be done early in the week.

A's and 2 unnamed teams in on Romo. I would be happy with that signing.

To protect Short at this point means he is depth. So using him as such is on the table.

Amaya was a protection because he is a top 100 and a year+ out.

Short was in Iowa already.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
36 year old Romo / unproven experiment Winkler / always injured Morrow are the potential adds to the pen.

Also wonder how in the world they’re going to shed cause everyone knows this team wants to shed and can low ball everything.

Last edited:

Steve_A

Liked Posts:

The one thing I do wonder is if they want Zobrist to even come back considering the financial crisis the team seems to be going through right now lol.