Oh Good..we hired an unemployed guy as OC

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
We may think it brings change, but it really won't. And That's sad. Just relax. It's nice to know we just got an OC.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
the offense isn't going to change unless we find an offensive line, a running game and a TE or Trubisky turns into Mahomes or both.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You forgot someone bro . . .
tenor.gif
Thanks for reminding me dick

coolio

Liked Posts:
2020 will probably just be a farewell tour.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Bill Lazer means Andy Dalton then we're eating a big 'nothing burger'. Dalton has done ZERO in Cinn. He's a immobile, Qb who will get sacked behind our OL. The guy can't move around and make things happen when the OL break down,

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Foles is another guy with an immense dead cap figure this year. Not sure he is going anywhere for a year.

Cap hit in 2020: $22.125 million.
Dead cap in 2020: $33.875 million.

The Bears can't afford him and the Jaguars won't cut him and eat that much money. No way does Nick Foles play in Chicago unless Jacksonville eats an enormous chunk of that $22 million.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cap hit in 2020: $22.125 million.
Dead cap in 2020: $33.875 million.

The Bears can't afford him and the Jaguars won't cut him and eat that much money. No way does Nick Foles play in Chicago unless Jacksonville eats an enormous chunk of that $22 million.

Put an immobile injury prone QB behind this oline.

I can just imagine all the lame ducks he throws to the other team right now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This isn't popular ....but I wanna see Marcus Mariota here. He's mobile (4.48) and he has something to prove after what happened in Tenn. Andy Dalton just doesn't compare IMO. I hope he stays in Cinn.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
If next year doesn't work, you end up not paying a lot for a guy that was unemployed as your OC. Plus, this is where Bears see what Nagy is made of in his third year as the play caller. Next year, Nagy, his coaches, Mitch and Pace will all be gone if its a repeat of this year. No big name OC would even touch Chicago because they know they'll be gone in a year if the offense sucks again, and will not be given a chance for redemption. Not to mention they wouldn't even have a big part of the play calling to begin with.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
This isn't popular ....but I wanna see Marcus Mariota here. He's mobile (4.48) and he has something to prove after what happened in Tenn. Andy Dalton just doesn't compare IMO. I hope he stays in Cinn.

Am in the Ditch Mitch crowd so I hope it happens!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His first year in Cinci, the worst offense in the league. His 2nd year in the league, 26th-ish? Yay. Slightly less terrible. He is definitely Chicago Bear material.

So glad that I'm a fan of this team. :D

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Dalton screams of, "we just need an average QB to make the playoffs in 2020". When that shouldn't be the goal. The goal should be, "we need a franchise QB to potentially make the playoffs consistently". I understand the lack of a 1st round pick, and the defense being in a "win-now" window, but nothing "wins now" like a good QB. Dalton's an OK QB, he's not a good QB and will never become one. They most likely aren't getting a good QB, but they at least need someone that has a chance to be. Mariota is about the best they can do in free agency without spending the bulk of their cap space.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dalton screams of, "we just need an average QB to make the playoffs in 2020". When that shouldn't be the goal. The goal should be, "we need a franchise QB to potentially make the playoffs consistently". I understand the lack of a 1st round pick, and the defense being in a "win-now" window, but nothing "wins now" like a good QB. Dalton's an OK QB, he's not a good QB and will never become one. They most likely aren't getting a good QB, but they at least need someone that has a chance to be. Mariota is about the best they can do in free agency without spending the bulk of their cap space.

Or just spend the money you're spending on trash QB's to upgrade the oline and TE position and develop a run game.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The franchise QB can only be had in the draft. Bears have to sign a free agent and also draft a QB.