Oilers Win NHL Lottery

TCD

Liked Posts:
I talked to my uncle in Buffalo tonight, he is absolutely FUMING about the draft and ranted for about 15 minutes. They wanted McDavid BAD.
Especially mad about Bettman and how it's all done behind closed doors. Even bitching about how in the 70's the Sabres almost got screwed out of there first round when they announced number 1 instead of 11 which was the Sabres number. He then rattled off the entire roster of the Buffalo Bison, the AHL farm team of the Rangers back in the day.

Mcdavid to oilers does nothing for the org or the league. Had bettman rigged that thing mcdavid would be in arizona or buffalo right now. Dont blame buffalo fans for being pissed but the conspiracy shit is just that..poop.

Your uncle is going to love eichell. There is no better consolation prize. Eichell is bad ass and actually may be the best fit for Buffalo in the long run. Big...power....hell of a shot...great skater for a big kid. I would be excited.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mcdavid to oilers does nothing for the org or the league. Had bettman rigged that thing mcdavid would be in arizona or buffalo right now. Dont blame buffalo fans for being pissed but the conspiracy shit is just that..poop.

Your uncle is going to love eichell. There is no better consolation prize. Eichell is bad ass and actually may be the best fit for Buffalo in the long run. Big...power....hell of a shot...great skater for a big kid. I would be excited.

That's what I told him but he just continued to rant.

Reactions: TCD

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Wow, 4th #1 pick for the Oilers since 2010...and for this one they have like a 13% chance..........................

Wonder if this one finally turns them around....

They're going to need better goalies and much better D depth than what they have now for that to happen. And the coaching situation is a joke as well. Can't forget that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm still hoping that be it Eichel or McDavid, they pull a Lindros on Edmonton.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
They're going to need better goalies and much better D depth than what they have now for that to happen. And the coaching situation is a joke as well. Can't forget that.

With a plethora of other skilled young forwards, they could very well trade one for a defensemen or two.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
15b108df4cba2296fdfc751c19fbaf36.jpg

This vine vid has been a running joke around our office the past two weeks. Any time something relevant comes up with it in a meme, I gotta share it with someone who will get it Hahahaha.

Reactions: TCD

TCD

Liked Posts:
With a plethora of other skilled young forwards, they could very well trade one for a defensemen or two.

I expect it. Eberle or Nuge could fetch a decent blueliner. They need a good mid 20 year old blueliner and they need a decent vet blueliner to help them groom Nurse who will be an elite one if groomed right and put into a good environment.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw fans at the Hawks game Tuesday carrying posters thanking Bettman for rigging the lottery.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, 4th #1 pick for the Oilers since 2010...and for this one they have like a 13% chance..........................

Wonder if this one finally turns them around....

Having two #1s should've turned them around. Now they have 4.
They should've been a cup contender by now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It takes more than 2 #1s to form a turnaround... but wow they sucked it up everywhere else in the draft and even Yakupov seemed dumb then and dumb now. They still stand behind him but to go for him opposed to the D Murray choice seemed foolish to many people.

At least it makes Edmonton a potentially good trade candidate for some options of players with experience and size.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The oilers aren't trading that 1st overall pick especially when you are getting one of be best players to come around in almost 10 years. They should trade one of their younger guys like Eberle or Hopkins for some defensive talent but no way in hell are they giving up the 1st overall pick.