Olin Kreutz on James Daniels at center

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

I posted another tweet of his in a topic like a week ago regarding Daniels. Am I a biased Iowa fan? Probably, even though I don't follow college ball like I used to.. but yeah I agree with Kreutz here. Be patient. Dude just turned 22 less than a month ago.

Bigger worries are tackles and right guard

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right guard is THE concern. Long should not take another snap.
Daniels will be fine. Honestly, if Long got hurt and the Bears had to play Coward at RG that might be best case scenario. This has to be Longs last year. Either cut him or he will retire. Would be nice to start developing Coward now so Pace knows what we have in him going into the offseason.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Wow. I didn't realize he was that young. The first time I was really critical of him was yesterday. I won't do that again.

Sorry if I was kinda douchey about that young man.

there is nothing wrong with honest criticism. But we saw he did allot of good things at guard so I think he will end up fine at c

you guys don’t pay attention to Leno in previous years? He starts off horrible and gets better as the year goes on

the right side of the oline leaves much to be desired

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we all should be a little worried about Leno. He’s looked pretty bad out there.
I don't know if it will get much better this year since it's difficult to increase strength during the season. He got married in the off season and started this year a little soft.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah rg and Leno. Massie pisses me off at times but is mostly solid.
there is nothing wrong with honest criticism. But we saw he did allot of good things at guard so I think he will end up fine at c

you guys don’t pay attention to Leno in previous years? He starts off horrible and gets better as the year goes on

the right side of the oline leaves much to be desired
I paid attention to his shit performance in the wildcard game

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I posted another tweet of his in a topic like a week ago regarding Daniels. Am I a biased Iowa fan? Probably, even though I don't follow college ball like I used to.. but yeah I agree with Kreutz here. Be patient. Dude just turned 22 less than a month ago.

Bigger worries are tackles and right guard
I am perfectly OK being patient.

But two of "the guys he went to college with" were drafted in the first round and are playing in the NFL right now.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@xer0h0ur do you want to weigh in on this topic? We all know that you are more knowledgeable than Olin regarding OL play.

You baby back bitches can quip all you want. Exactly what I predicted is what is happening. Long is gutter trash and the Daniels/Whitehair swap has been rough at best. And surprise surprise you simpletons just resort to blaming Trubisky for everything instead of facing what is staring you in the face. The line sucks. Period.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I think we all should be a little worried about Leno. He’s looked pretty bad out there.

He's been turnstyling for DEs all season. His feet are lazy compared to his last few seasons. He's fallen off quite hard. He gets his hands on guys, but he doesn't actually stay with the blocks throughout the plays. If Mitch didn't feel that pressure off the edge he would have never pulled that evasive maneuver on the DE and extended the play. He can hardly look downfield to make throws this year.

The O-line didn't step up for Daniels. They stepped up for their own jobs. When the starting QB is running for his life and is getting hit all season it isn't just one play... It's been bad all season. That was their wake up call... Too bad it comes at the QB and the rest of the teams expense.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like how this place has a built in rotation of which linemen to criticize. Massie is going to be back on the hot seat next.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think there's a "rotation". Every single one of them has struggled to say the least. This topic is just to point out patience with a young center.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like how this place has a built in rotation of which linemen to criticize. Massie is going to be back on the hot seat next.

Nah bro, Massie has literally been solid as fuck. The only time anyone could have legitimately complained about him was his first year here and the man has done nothing but improve each season. Solid solid tackle.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think there's a "rotation". Every single one of them has struggled to say the least. This topic is just to point out patience with a young center.
And the exact opposite of what Xero is claiming as a called it. I like Whitehair at center as well but that was last year. Give them time to adjust... like Kreutz is saying.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. I didn't realize he was that young. The first time I was really critical of him was yesterday.
I realize I'm critical of all things Bears and never have a positive thing to say lol...I'll probably do it again.

Not really sorry if I'm douchey all the time.
:youdontsay: