On The Clock Mock Draft - w/ Trades

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
On The Clock at fanspeak.com is a fun tool. Favorite of the few i've run so far:
Settings - Random Draft Boards Used, User Voted Team Needs
Bears Team Needs: OT, RB, CB, G, EDGE, S, WR

Bears Trade: Rd 3 Pick 87 (155Points)
Giants Trade: Rd 3 Pick 95, Rd 4 Pick 132 (160Points)

Rd 3 Pick 95
OT - Max Scharping - Northern Ill
Overview
Ascending tackle prospect with impressive combination of size and functional athletic ability. Scharping has the ability to handle bull-rushers and finds ways to recover and get guys blocked after getting beat early. However, NFL rushers will look to exploit the inconsistent footwork and balance that shows up when his pass sets become hurried and unfocused against true edge speed. He might get a shot at left tackle, but might be best-suited on the right side where he has the potential to become an above-average starter.

Rd 4 Pick 126
CB - Saivion Smith - Alabama
Overview
Big, press-man cornerback with the traits and tools of a potential starter, but lacking a sample size of consistency to inspire confidence. Smith's average speed could be mitigated by better instincts and ball skills, but they are both works in progress. He's athletic enough for man coverage, but his collection of strengths and weaknesses requires better technique and aggression from press to gain control of the rep. Smith's ceiling is NFL starter and his floor should be fourth cornerback.

Rd 4 Pick 132
RB - Trayveon Williams - Texas A&M
Overview
Productive runner who added weight and stepped into an every-down role and became one of the big SEC surprises in his first season in Jimbo Fisher's offense. Williams isn't overly dynamic by NFL standards, but he's a calm runner who stacks moves and eludes defenders to post his fair share of chunk runs. He's tough but undersized and might get pigeon-holed as a committee back with above-average third-down value thanks to his tenacity as a pass-blocker.

Rd 5 Pick 162
TE - Josh Oliver - San Diego State
Overview
Above-average, mid-air athlete with plus ball skills who was forced to deal with coverages that were consistently shaded in his direction thanks to an excessive target count. Oliver's route-running and ball-tracking talent allow him to work beyond the first level and can help NFL team's looking to push the ball downfield. Oliver will flash as an in-line blocker at times but might need to enter the league as a TE2/3 who works from the slot until he becomes more skilled and consistent at the point of attack.

Rd 7 Pick 222
BJ Autry - G - Jacksonville St.
Overview
Massive, nimble guard prospect with unusual combination of girth and foot quickness. Autry hasn't been tested by NFL-level talent across from him, but his size, strength and athletic traits certainly check out. While he has the athleticism to potentially match against sub-package rushers, his instincts to recognize when he's being gamed aren't there yet. Autry is capable of fitting into gap and power run schemes and could become an eventual starter if he can control and manage his weigh.

Rd 7 Pick 238
Justin Hollins - EDGE - Oregon
Overview
Three-year starter with athletic ability and length teams look for from edge talent. Hollins has shown consistent growth as a prospect and flashes every-down potential at times, but his lack of consistent aggression and force could be a limiting factor. He should find special teams reps early on, but his future might very well be defined by his team's ability to develop and unlock his capacity as a disruptive pass rusher.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is good. Not sure all those guys will be there in those spots but I like it

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Josh Oliver will go in round 3, but that would be a fireworks draft for me.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
On the clock is so rangy where prospects go from sim to sim.. especially when you select the computer teams to use one for the 20+ draft boards. There’s a lot of TEs to like with a 5th round pick this year. Oliver happened to be the one there this time.. as I’ve done quite a few of these since they are quick the trend I’ve seen the most often is TE is always the best value in the 5th.. always a higher graded prospect there sometimes 2-3 of them.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
What day is round 1 again? I presume next Thursday because I can't imagine they would hold the draft over a holiday weekend?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sounds reasonable, and it touches all the soft spots......;)

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What day is round 1 again? I presume next Thursday because I can't imagine they would hold the draft over a holiday weekend?
RD1 Thursday
RD 2 &3 Friday
the rest on Saturday

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
RD1 Thursday
RD 2 &3 Friday
the rest on Saturday

Thanks Rob! That much I did know. I wasn't sure if it was this Thur - Sat or next. And I have to limit my google activity at work so thanks PaytonHighStep for the dates and thanks Rob for the help. Go Bears!