One of the greatest games in Bears history

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Saints game was better than the Rams game. Nobody was talking about the Superbowl.
The lead up to the game, and all of the experts picking the Saints, the final outcome it definitely belongs in the conversation.
No, I wouldn't argue my earlier comment any further because thinking about it now that you brought it up... that game was classic.

That Rams game was special but really not as entertaining.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The lead up to the game, and all of the experts picking the Saints, the final outcome it definitely belongs in the conversation.
No, I wouldn't argue my earlier comment any further because thinking about it now that you brought it up... that game was classic.

That Rams game was special but really not as entertaining.

Maybe it's a matter of age. First championship conversation since '63, if I remember. That game made me a fan of the Bears. That defense and the shutdown of Eric Dickerson was amazing to see in person. Superbowl XX was a letdown after it. Yes, I went to both. Suck my ass.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Maybe it's a matter of age. First championship conversation since '63, if I remember. That game made me a fan of the Bears. That defense and the shutdown of Eric Dickerson was amazing to see in person. Superbowl XX was a letdown after it. Yes, I went to both. Suck my ass.
God damn you were alive in 1963?? Shiiiiiiittttt

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Oh please. When a person gets older, the memory gets distorted. I just remember the ass kicking.

I wish I was old enough to see the 1963 NFL Championship. That games between the Giants and Bears I heard was gladiator style.

That game is available on Youtube. I downloaded it and watched it. I watched the OPs game too, and it was sheer dominance. Loved when Singletary stuffed Dickerson. I don't remember much about the offense, mainly paid attention when the Bears were on D. It's crazy how different the game was then. Watching those games thinking, that's a flag, that's a flag...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm actually a little disappointed now.
well, you always have Omeletpants, who will shame you for not being at Wrigley Field when Gale Sayers scored 6 touchdowns. I assume it's clear that I'm not trying to do that with my reminiscing about a pretty hot shit game to watch live. I enjoyed our 2006 championship every bit as much.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Saints game was better than the Rams game. Nobody was talking about the Superbowl.
That’s was a fun game especially being there. The excitement leading up,to the game and the nervous anxiety while the game was going on....watching the presentation of the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY live was awesome. The Rams game was great for me as well being that in my lifetime up to that point the Bears had not really done anything special. The whole 85’ years was exciting to watch. I can’t pick which game was better. Just glad to be able to witness them both.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s was a fun game especially being there. The excitement leading up,to the game and the nervous anxiety while the game was going on....watching the presentation of the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY live was awesome. The Rams game was great for me as well being that in my lifetime up to that point the Bears had not really done anything special. The whole 85’ years was exciting to watch. I can’t pick which game was better. Just glad to be able to witness them both.

I was only 9 for the Rams game, but I've watched again pretty recently. It was awesome how dominant they were. There was just something magical about the Saints game, for me. The safety in the third qtr was the real turning point. From that moment on, it just felt like they were in complete control.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was only 9 for the Rams game, but I've watched again pretty recently. It was awesome how dominant they were. There was just something magical about the Saints game, for me. The safety in the third qtr was the real turning point. From that moment on, it just felt like they were in complete control.
I remember after the Reggie Bush taunt.....it seemed to get the crowd, at least around us fired up a bit more. Great games

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
well, you always have Omeletpants, who will shame you for not being at Wrigley Field when Gale Sayers scored 6 touchdowns. I assume it's clear that I'm not trying to do that with my reminiscing about a pretty hot shit game to watch live. I enjoyed our 2006 championship every bit as much.
Yes, I was there, bitches and none of you were