OT Aaron Hernandez documentary

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I only got to see the 1st 30 minutes and it looks like one those where they make the murderer look Iike a sympathetic figure. Haven't finished though so cant say for sure.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I watched 2 and 1/2 of the three parts. It's fairly engaging. I didn't know much about him... I didn't even follow the trials or outcome, so that helped, probably. Each scene is fairly short and it moves around quickly. In retrospect it's striking how much media (video and sound) exists to fill that much time on this person... sign of the times.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The one about the hispanic bisexual, triple murderer, suicide committing, dipshit NFL player with CTE?
SPOILERS
It's quite a mouthful though, isn't it? Since this is history, I'll say he was acquitted for the (first) shooting into the car of those two young men. But it seems fairly conclusive he shot his drug dealer friend in the face/head, which is probably Hernandez forth murder attempt, sixth time he shot at people.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Did anyone start watching on Netflix?
Yeah it was actually really good. I’d recommend it. I think they give the sympathetic side, but equally play to the other side and aren’t really biased. They get a full range of perspective on what happened. Definitely interesting.

I feel sorry for his daughter and the families of all those effected by him. Odin Lloyd’s mother is a pretty amazing person.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Haven't watched, but I'm actually pretty excited too. Maybe this weekend. It's pretty fascinating overall. He was a loose cannon on the most recognizable football dynasty who ended up being a crazy murder. Just nuts!

Anyway, I've heard that the documentary is done well and with being a football fan it's an interesting topic. Looking forward to it!

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Is it finished?
I don't want to wait for new episodes...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I watched it.

The most interesting part was listening to all of his calls from jail. The dude was a complete psycho. Being able to straight murder people and act like it’s nbd.

He was also incredibly stupid. Had home surveillance setup and deleted some footage but left video of him showing a gun after the murder and chilling with all the accomplices after murders. Mind boggling shit.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I watched it.

The most interesting part was listening to all of his calls from jail. The dude was a complete psycho. Being able to straight murder people and act like it’s nbd.

He was also incredibly stupid. Had home surveillance setup and deleted some footage but left video of him showing a gun after the murder and chilling with all the accomplices after murders. Mind boggling shit.
Yes, all those recorded phone calls from prison/jail was a surprise. How did they get those? Are all prison phone calls public record, or what?
Is it finished?
I don't want to wait for new episodes...
Yes, it's finished. It's crazy there's 3 hours of this to begin with. I would have preferred one hour.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What was your assement of his masculinity? Did his suicide relegate him to Betamale status?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What was your assement of his masculinity? Did his suicide relegate him to Betamale status?

Oh he was a pickle smoocher, committed suicide 2 days after rumors came out.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I watched it. It was a good watch but the CTE stuff is garbage. So tired of everyone blaming stuff on CTE. This made up head injury stuff by doctors is so made up.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
horrifying to me that Odin Loyd sent the text to his sister to let her know who he was with, I think he actually knew he was going to get iced and got in the car anyway, like when a mafia guy gets "sent" for

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I watched 2 and 1/2 of the three parts. It's fairly engaging. I didn't know much about him... I didn't even follow the trials or outcome, so that helped, probably. Each scene is fairly short and it moves around quickly. In retrospect it's striking how much media (video and sound) exists to fill that much time on this person... sign of the times.

Yeah i watched it all in one slow day at work. It kept me interested, it's crazy how bad his CTE was at just 27 years old.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
the dude shot into a car at college during a fight, and continued playing and got drafted to the NFL, they HAD to find this out during the draft process right? Did the patriots draft this guy knowing he had fired a gun at college? Who goes to college with a freaking gun? mindblowing

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I watched it. It was a good watch but the CTE stuff is garbage. So tired of everyone blaming stuff on CTE. This made up head injury stuff by doctors is so made up.
Unfortunately I disagree. Medical science has come a long way in the past 5, 10, 20 and 30 years. In short, medically we should deal with things differently than we did because we have a longer history of identifying symptoms and how effective treatments have been.

CTE is a real thing. The reason why many don't believe it is it's hard to see in day to day life. I mean you'd have to know how someone acted in their early teens/20s and then watch how they regress. The process takes 10-40 years, so like all things that are misunderstood it's easier to say it's not real.