OT: Antonio Brown has locked himself inside his house

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People do dumbass stuff all the time. I've never met him. He arrogantly killed off his own career.....maybe he's finally just realizing that and is having trouble dealing with it.

Yeah but not seen a lot of people that are involved in like 20 incidents over 2-3 years. Again AB may have had issues before and may be a douche but the accumulation of incidents over such a short period speaks to perhaps a larger issue. He could have been a douche before and now he is a douche with an underlying mental issue making it worse.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yeah but not seen a lot of people that are involved in like 20 incidents over 2-3 years. Again AB may have had issues before and may be a douche but the accumulation of incidents over such a short period speaks to perhaps a larger issue. He could have been a douche before and now he is a douche with an underlying mental issue making it worse.
Yeah I said his negative personality traits are probably being amplified by whatever is causing him to go wacky.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Over the last few years I have stood at the side of my children’s father Antonio Brown and watched the rise and fall of an incredible man and athlete. Our children and I have distanced ourselves from him and our former home. Although we have parted ways I wish nothing but the best for him. Unfortunately, it seems Antonio has made questionable choices and continues to ignore the advice of those who love and support him. At this point the boys and I are working on building a new life free from any impulsive, reckless and unhealthy behaviors. My hope is that Anotonio [sic] will get help and seek the mental health treatment that he so desperately needs so that he can be the father all of his children need and deserve. #MediaResponse

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...atment-that-he-so-desperately-needs/23907300/

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm guessing it's a combination of both.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Over the last few years I have stood at the side of my children’s father Antonio Brown and watched the rise and fall of an incredible man and athlete. Our children and I have distanced ourselves from him and our former home. Although we have parted ways I wish nothing but the best for him. Unfortunately, it seems Antonio has made questionable choices and continues to ignore the advice of those who love and support him. At this point the boys and I are working on building a new life free from any impulsive, reckless and unhealthy behaviors. My hope is that Anotonio [sic] will get help and seek the mental health treatment that he so desperately needs so that he can be the father all of his children need and deserve. #MediaResponse

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...atment-that-he-so-desperately-needs/23907300/

Wow.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
He's going AWOL these last few years cause he came to the realization his bank account is shrinking by the day with no income to support his spending habits and the NFL has basically said No to his return.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's going AWOL these last few years cause he came to the realization his bank account is shrinking by the day with no income to support his spending habits and the NFL has basically said No to his return.

This makes no sense. He had a guaranteed contract with the Raiders just this past offseason so that doesn't explain his going AWOL the last few years.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Would be nice to see him retire and forget football.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
This makes no sense. He had a guaranteed contract with the Raiders just this past offseason so that doesn't explain his going AWOL the last few years.

Brown was ready to play. Then he got in an argument with the GM and was peed off he was getting fined after he gave the public apology so felt like he got stabbed in the back. Then he had the helmet issue. The new helmets were coming into play this past season. Am sure the new design was getting in the way of his peripheral vision and line of sight and was hard for him to adjust after playing with same for years and years.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Brown feels alive right now... he will never feel more elegant in his life.

His peak is when he feels he’s got all the attention, good or bad.

he’s got it all now

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I looked this up here's what I found......

The person suffering from CTE may display erratic behavior, and the aggression can become worse. It can lead to a type of dementia, and have many symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease. They have trouble with speech and with walking. These symptoms are unstoppable, and they often continue to progress.

Some initial signs of CTE include:

• Having trouble concentrating or trouble with their memory.
  • Headaches
  • Bouts of confusion or dizziness
  • Difficulty to control emotions (becoming aggressive & violent)

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It's obvious, he's suffering from CTE
CTE can only be diagnosed by examining his brain after he dies.

He may be showing certain symptoms, but without a proper diagnosis it's extremely hard to know how his path to recovery will look.

I'd add, a 'proper diagnosis' is a process. It's not going to the doctor's once, getting a prescription and moving on. There is always some trial and error built into a medical professional learning exactly what solutions work best for the specific patient.

I'm really hoping the judge ordered mental evaluation is the first step forward after walking backwards for the past few years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you can't just make a blanket statement like that and blame everything on CTE....that isn't even remotely scientific

I'd blame culture, education, the way talented people get pumped up by entourages and hangers on, women that want things from you do a good job too...leading to extreme narcissism.

I agree with his point, that CTE is a factor, given the data on autopsies coming back being at 100% for field players in the NFL. Brown didn't grow up in a head protected youth era, and he played for the physical steelers and has a concussion history including one of the more vicious blindside hits we have seen. Its safe to say he will fall into the 100%...scientifically. imo

You take an underdeveloped person, maybe a shitty person, and then you lose some control over emotions and anger...

and here you are.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
CTE can only be diagnosed by examining his brain after he dies.

He may be showing certain symptoms, but without a proper diagnosis it's extremely hard to know how his path to recovery will look.

I'd add, a 'proper diagnosis' is a process. It's not going to the doctor's once, getting a prescription and moving on. There is always some trial and error built into a medical professional learning exactly what solutions work best for the specific patient.

I'm really hoping the judge ordered mental evaluation is the first step forward after walking backwards for the past few years.

CTE isn't new. That's why the NFL takes players through concussion protocol. The NFL has known about CTE for yrs.
So has the medical profession.
>>>>#113