OT: Brewers interested in Noah Syndergaard

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
How are the cubs tied to Zach Wheeler if Syndergard is in rumors. They always put the cubs in on all the rumors.

If the mets are selling with 40 wins, then maybe coloroado is too, wonder what it will take to get Blackmon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Thor has always been over rated. If he got traded to a team like Cole did that knows what the fuck that are doing then he might end up becoming the hype.

I see Wheeler gone. I would target in the off season though if they are looking to over haul the rotation.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I could take this another way.

The Cubs going in were the fav.

The Cubs have under performed and have been hampered by injury.

The Crew has been their equal. Shit and all.

Cubs got better and have their aces returning in the 2nd half.

This is a big talk move which means that their ownership is not feeling too cozy ATM.

When you hear about big names with control that will deplete a system it has a 911 sound along with it.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
So Syndegaard and Diaz are both on the Mets and have seen their best pitch (the slider) absolutely crater in terms of productivity. Not sure why that's happened but I'd love to get him and figure it out later.

The answer to this is the Cubs simply don't have enough prospects to probably entertain this type of trade that makes sense for them.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How are the cubs tied to Zach Wheeler if Syndergard is in rumors. They always put the cubs in on all the rumors.

If the mets are selling with 40 wins, then maybe coloroado is too, wonder what it will take to get Blackmon.
Is Blackmon on the block mon?

He'd seem like a piece you'd want to keep

CSF77

Liked Posts:

He is making Heyward level contract. I don't see it myself. Add to it his D has downgraded to the point Heyward is a better option in CF.

I do believe that the Cubs should address this better than Contreras in RF and Caratini at C and Bryant at RF and Bote at 3B.

Those are filler choices from a limited pool of resources.

Almora is not the answer. That much has been proven over and over.

Happ is not the answer. He can barely hit AAA pitching.

So a trade is called for. The question is more about if the band aid approach works or back fires and causes injury.

Or Zo can just deal with it and go back to work vs playing drama-rama.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Good signs for deadline assets

ROUND ROCK, TX - The Iowa Cubs (53-40) used an eight-run fifth inning to take a decisive 11-5 victory over the Round Rock Express (54-39), Saturday at Dell Diamond. In his second start as an I-Cub, Tyson Miller (W, 1-0) captured his first Triple-A victory.
Taylor Davis took a 1-0 pitch over the wall in left-center to lead off the fourth and break a scoreless game. The home run sparked the I-Cubs offense as they sent 12 batters to the plate in the following frame in an explosive eight-run inning. Davis got the scoring started once again with a two-RBI single, and Dixon Machado plated two more with a base knock of his own. Ian Happ brought in Machado with a single and later in the frame, Mark Zagunis cleared juiced bags with a triple.
Miller spun 4.0 no-hit innings before a Drew Fergusonleadoff single in the fifth spoiled the effort. After allowing six runs, five earned, through 1.1 innings in his Triple-A debut last week, Miller bounced back to allow two earned runs through 5.0 frames against the Express. A Jamie Ritchie two-out, two-RBI double in the fifth wasted Miller's shutout outing.
Iowa added two insurance runs in the eighth on RBI singles from Trent Giambrone and Machado. A Taylor Jones three-run blast in the bottom of the inning shrunk the gap for the Express, but the home team fell short of a comeback.
POSTGAME NOTES:
P.J. Higgins recorded his first Triple-A hit with a single in the fourth. He went 1-for-2 with one run and three walks on the night.
• Carl Edwards Jr. used nine pitches to get through a 1-2-3 inning in his third rehab outing.
• After walking 11 Express batters last night, Iowa's offense walked 12 times.
• Mark Zagunis, Taylor Davis and Dixon Machado each batted in three runs.
Iowa and Round Rock finish the series at Dell Diamond tomorrow at 6:05 p.m. The I-Cubs return to Principal Park for a four-game set with Oklahoma City beginning on Monday, July 15. For more information and tickets visit www.iowacubs.com.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
On Miller. It seems that he earned his promotion. Last few starts Abbott got worked pretty good at Tenn. while Miller kept steady.

I still see him as a trade asset vs a working part though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

"The Cubs’ signing of Craig Kimbrel last month may have crossed one item off their trade deadline to-do list, but the NL Central division leaders aren’t necessarily sitting back. Manager Joe Maddon spoke openly over the weekend about the manner in which the team is missing the “consistent” and “professional” at-bats brought to the table by Ben Zobrist (link via Tom Musnick of the Chicago Sun-Times), and Bruce Levine of CBS Chicago/670 The Score reports that the Cubs are in the market for a veteran hitter to whom they can entrust leadoff duties."

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
If the Mets are selling, Think I'd be looking at Jeff McNeil to replace Zobrist. He's been a big loss this year imo

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Mets are selling, Think I'd be looking at Jeff McNeil to replace Zobrist. He's been a big loss this year imo
What? He hits pre arb next year and has shown to be a fantastic hitter. The Mets arent trading and if they do, its going to be a much better package than the Cubs can offer.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ideally you would want a OF bat and a LH arm in one deal. The Giants are close to the wild card. I would avoid them for now. KC has some bats not sure on a arm.

Azl is in the same boat. IMO it is stupid to be a buyer and aiming for a 1 game showdown. If the Dodgers were in striking range then you add. That is why you avoid the West.

I just see this market as too early for the pretenders to sell. And the rebuilders will ask too high in a panic driven market.

I would pass myself and keep it internal. Even picking up Rosscup off wavers makes more sense at this point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nah...he isn't a .370-.400 hitter anymore after the shift. Dropped him .50 points like Harper and co.

Dude is lame .300-.320 hitter now, even with Coors homefield advantage. Pathetic.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is making Heyward level contract. I don't see it myself. Add to it his D has downgraded to the point Heyward is a better option in CF.

I do believe that the Cubs should address this better than Contreras in RF and Caratini at C and Bryant at RF and Bote at 3B.

Those are filler choices from a limited pool of resources.

Almora is not the answer. That much has been proven over and over.

Happ is not the answer. He can barely hit AAA pitching.

So a trade is called for. The question is more about if the band aid approach works or back fires and causes injury.

Or Zo can just deal with it and go back to work vs playing drama-rama.

Well...

if you could trade Heyward for Blackmon, then fuck yeah you would do that but they would hang up the phone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Syndergaard is available and you have competent pitching coaches....then fuck yeah you acquire him...