OT: Calvin Pryor out with head injury

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
sucks that this happened, I suppose his tackling style needs to change IMO

before some attack me for the OT post.....this guy was a player many wanted us to draft so it's somewhat related

CORTLAND, NY -- Rookie safety Calvin Pryor left Saturday’s practice with a head injury.

“It was a head injury and obviously when those things happen you’re going to side on being cautious and that’s what we’re doing,” coach Rex Ryan said. “Whether it’s a concussion or not I’m not sure. We’ll see how that progresses.”

Ryan said that the former Louisville player, who came in with a reputation for hard hits, was in the role of punt protector with the contact occurred. This was the first day the Jets have practiced in pads.

“It’s not like you can say he got dinged or whatever,” Ryan said. “But dinged these days that means be cautious and do what’s in the best interest of the young man.”

Ryan said the team was obligated to be forthright in the case of possible concussions, which is a more straightforward approach than the 2013 training camp, when the team would not clarify the nature of a head injury involving RB/KR Joe McKnight.

Pryor was getting a good share of first-team reps, and is expected to make a case to start as a rookie. Jets watchers were anxious to see him in full-contact drills.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
In before Omelet starts crying within thread...

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Brandon Hardin school of tackling......?!

GoBears

Liked Posts:
The Jets just plain suck and no matter what they do, they just don't get better despite themselves.

Can you really blame Omeletepants for coming to the Bears forum to troll us? Life must be miserable as a Jets fan.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is why I did not want him. Head hunter mentality in college, doesn't exactly fly in NFL anymore and high risk for these type injuries piling up.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
this is why I did not want him. Head hunter mentality in college, doesn't exactly fly in NFL anymore and high risk for these type injuries piling up.

The article clearly states he got hurt as punt protector. He didn't get hurt tackling or "head hunting".

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fuckidiot knocks himself out during ST practice?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Calvin Pryor concussion whIle covering a kickoff. He banged into someone bigger than him, according to a corrected report by Rex Ryan.

No one wants these guys to get hurt but when you see something on tape and say that's an area of concern and then on his first s full day of full contact in pads in the NFL suffers a concussion....well.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I still keep thinking it's Terrell everytime I initially see his name. Happens on those units.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2