OT: Chad Kelly Released

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hilarious:

Now ex-teammate Von Miller had a Halloween party Monday night. Kelly apparently got too intoxicated, had physical altercations with a guest and then security. The 24-year-old somehow then ended up in a stranger's residence, sitting on the couch, mumbling incoherent words. Police arrived and arrested Kelly for first-degree criminal trespassing.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12217/chad-kelly

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kyle Orton would approve

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how did he end up in a stranger's home? he's lucky he didn't get shot

dennehy

Liked Posts:
how did he end up in a stranger's home? he's lucky he didn't get shot

I have a buddy who's a bad sleep walker. He woke up one morning with a woman who he didn't know hollering at him. It took him a minute to realize he was on her couch.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Won't Find Better Arm Talent for Cheaper

The best value in QB's right now just became

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25071072/broncos-release-qb-chad-kelly-arrest

Jim Kelly's nephew.

Lets allow the full story to come out, but suppose weed is legal in your state and you know how to beat the test at level one of testing program, or that moderate use will not show up.

Now...I know how bad this looks, but loosing your wits while a young man while intoxicated on something does happen. The kid is a wild one, he has big issues, and now he crashed over another one. The Chicago Bears might not be the right place to experiment with whether he can get it this time, but with big risk comes big reward. Sometimes you need big balls.

Trubisky. Daniel. Kelly.

Suddenly the QB room doesn't look so bad with a straight arrow, hard working mental giant, a funny veteran with knowledge of system, and then a young gun with unlimited potential, size, rocket arm, everything.

And a bad rap. My case is this, Trubs and Daniel would show him the way.

THIS IS HIS FIRST HICCUP WITH MONEY IN HIS POCKET, but a guy like him had that reputation coming in and doesn't even get his fair second chance.

I have actually done this before when I was 25 or so and been so drunk I went into the wrong apartment next door, didn't realize until the next morning. He wasn't stealing, he wasn't aware of what he was doing...

and while that is a bad mistake and everyone says well this guy should be perfect...how many other guys in the league make the same mistake with pain killers and alcohol, or might take an edible MMJ dose if they were in Denver, etc etc...

he had a bad reaction, had too much...whatever it was...his charges are much worse than what happened and I would guess most will be dropped. It might take a year, but hell if we are on hard knocks it would be a cool storyline too.

I think Nagy, Trubisky, Daniel are the right example and leadership for the guy. I say pick him up in off-season but be the first one sniffing on his door offering that last chance.

Best case I can make for the guy, and its not that good. I know what most of you "straight perfect arrows" are going to say, but this kid is absolutely a value.. You could get him at the minimum for 2 years and he is in a position where he has to shut-up and sit in the back and never say a peep until he is needed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my bad...move my thread

I did this once, and woke up on two couches with my bro in the wrong apartment.

He was still passed out and I had to drag him out. hahahahaha. fuck...good times.

I talked to the blokes who lived there, and the way we got away with it, was the first roommate woke up at 7 am...saw 2 guys sleeping on the couch, and assumed they were his roommates friends. Did his whole morning routine, didn't disturb us. Went to work.

The second roommate woke up at 8am, did his whole morning routine, didn't disturb guys on couches thinking they were with his roommate. Went to work.

We woke up alone with their apartment to ourselves.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A QB desperate team did not think he was good enough to play or keep around.

That tells me that he probably sucks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Well....Elway's QB evaluations are a bit suspect. :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
my bad...move my thread

I did this once, and woke up on two couches with my bro in the wrong apartment.

He was still passed out and I had to drag him out. hahahahaha. fuck...good times.

I talked to the blokes who lived there, and the way we got away with it, was the first roommate woke up at 7 am...saw 2 guys sleeping on the couch, and assumed they were his roommates friends. Did his whole morning routine, didn't disturb us. Went to work.

The second roommate woke up at 8am, did his whole morning routine, didn't disturb guys on couches thinking they were with his roommate. Went to work.

We woke up alone with their apartment to ourselves.

I have been drunk plenty of times, but never so drunk I woke up on two couches. :)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

he doesn't suck. He impressed in pre-season, fan favorite here...they may have even only kept 2 QB's after big battle.

His leash was short.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you could have just said fellow goombah!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hypothetically, lets say you are a white guy at Von Millers party. Maybe you have a drink, a couple, a couple too many...you start to explore, and this party has money. Its crazy, maybe you start to explore. You might try to dance, realize you are out of your element/league there, and wonder down to the hazy room with the bouncers.

You see some teammates, they invite you in...tease your condition a bit...and just maybe offer you a puff from the brown cigar thingy. Little do you know this is some chronic ass jamaican imported shit with resin rolled leaves, shatter sprinkled, keef dusted super blunt...but of course they all laugh when you take a big drag and cringe.

You wonder down another hall, and within 5 minutes have no idea what the fuck is happening. Suddenly the costumes are a threat...or you are sloppy, most altercations are over women...or perhaps racism if you are a gun wielding cowboy...who knows...but you get kicked out and nobody looks after you because you were just being an ass.

Dude got lost man...

Do you blame Kelly or do you blame Von Miller and his teammates for not looking out of a guy they know is a wildling.