OT: Dak Turns Down $30mil/year

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Looking at soph seasons, Mitch edges out Dak in almost every category.

I think so much of this is contract talk is based on Dak's 2nd half to last season after the Cowboys acquired Amari Cooper. Prior to that, Dak and the Dallas offense had been dead in the water.

I guess in some sense I would be more comfortable giving big bucks to a QB who has shown he can excel with your current personnel like Dak, as opposed to something like the Vikings signing Kirk Cousins and hoping he succeeds with poor pass protection.

I don't know how to categorize Prescott...I didn't think he was as great as people said he was as a rookie, but I also don't think he's as useless as people said he was after that. He is kind of like an 'up-and-coming' Alex Smith...would you give Alex Smith a huge contract? Still a debatable question.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think so much of this is contract talk is based on Dak's 2nd half to last season after the Cowboys acquired Amari Cooper. Prior to that, Dak and the Dallas offense had been dead in the water.

I guess in some sense I would be more comfortable giving big bucks to a QB who has shown he can excel with your current personnel like Dak, as opposed to something like the Vikings signing Kirk Cousins and hoping he succeeds with poor pass protection.

I don't know how to categorize Prescott...I didn't think he was as great as people said he was as a rookie, but I also don't think he's as useless as people said he was after that. He is kind of like an 'up-and-coming' Alex Smith...would you give Alex Smith a huge contract? Still a debatable question.
God help us if Dak gets a huge contract (or any NFL team) for mediocrity... Bad as Cousins contract was.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dak gets more than 30Mil, the Bears are fucked when it's Trubisky's turn

Bort

Liked Posts:

Oh no I agree with Rory

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Let them do it...lol

If it isn't Dak, it will be someone else that overlays in the next couple years. If Trubisky wants too much...this offense doesn't need him. It just needs a little better than Chase Daniel...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Let them do it...lol

If it isn't Dak, it will be someone else that overlays in the next couple years. If Trubisky wants too much...this offense doesn't need him. It just needs a little better than Chase Daniel...
:what:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
QB contracts should not count against the cap.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dak gets more than 30Mil, the Bears are fucked when it's Trubisky's turn
Just be the first team to balk...and draft another.

Dak's not worth that and Trubisky sure as hell ain't worth that.

Dak is moron to turn down 30. All it takes is Elliot holding out, getting suspended, or getting hurt and one DE getting hurt, all of a sudden that team goes 5-11 and he will get 2/15 instead of 5/30. 120 million is too much to risk bro. Don't do it. For what? 8 million over 4 years you will risk being a fan pariah, lose endorsements, hold out for how long losing how much? Wait for a better offer? What the fuck are you turning down 30 for? 33?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has been much easier for QBs to be really good in this league...NFL rule changes have seen to that. The NFL created these QB contracts because of how the league rules operate.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If Zeke doesn't show up this year we will get to see the real Dak Prescott, and it isn't worth 30/m year. He should have taken the money.....