1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
his hair looks like a beaver pelt

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
and he has been an awesome coach of team canada with plenty of hawk participants.

Wonder if the boys will be hitting another losing streak. I know Babcock is the highest paid coach around, can probably do side gigs on nhl network or nbc and keep getting his paycheck, I just always thought he wanted to be here.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Here comes another special consultant.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This is pretty hilarious, considering how Toronto nation was going nuts (positively) when Babcock was hired -- he was supposed to be their savior out of mediocrity (similar to Theo for the Cubs, but times 100, since it's hockey and it's Canada).

He'll get hired somewhere else as a coach. I sorta wonder -- depending on how this year goes with Colliton -- if the Hawks would at least consider him (if he's still available). Not advocating for it necessarily, just wondering.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always thought Q was much better and should have been coaching Canada's Olympic squad. That said, I think Toronto pushed the panic button on this move.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Toronto simply gave up on Babcock, whatever message he gave them prior to games was falling on deaf ears. Keefe basically told the troops to do whatever felt good w/ the puck last night. They won...no surprise.

W/ so many ex-Marlies on the roster Keefe isn't an unknown quantity; I doubt Toronto's honeymoon phase w/ Sheldon will fall right back to Earth after one needed win. It's when his plans start taking shape they'll have growing pains.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always thought Babs was overrated. His success was mostly due to having excellent teams. Reading comments from the fans of teams he has coached, he liked his old guys and put those grinders in when the team needed to score. Stubborn to a fault. He is probably a better than average coach but needs to have the right team for his shtick to work or excellent individuals who elevate any team.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Always thought Babs was overrated. His success was mostly due to having excellent teams. Reading comments from the fans of teams he has coached, he liked his old guys and put those grinders in when the team needed to score. Stubborn to a fault. He is probably a better than average coach but needs to have the right team for his shtick to work or excellent individuals who elevate any team.
So he's the StanBo of coaching.

ALL HAIL DALE!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This is pretty hilarious, considering how Toronto nation was going nuts (positively) when Babcock was hired -- he was supposed to be their savior out of mediocrity (similar to Theo for the Cubs, but times 100, since it's hockey and it's Canada).

He'll get hired somewhere else as a coach. I sorta wonder -- depending on how this year goes with Colliton -- if the Hawks would at least consider him (if he's still available). Not advocating for it necessarily, just wondering.

I pretty much think Babcock is gonna make the leafs hurt paying his salary until his perfect job comes along. I kinda think a team like the hawks is his perfect job. Dont know he and stans got along in Detroit anyway if it is even an option.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I pretty much think Babcock is gonna make the leafs hurt paying his salary until his perfect job comes along. I kinda think a team like the hawks is his perfect job. Dont know he and stans got along in Detroit anyway if it is even an option.

Yeah, I know Babcock and Scotty have history in Detroit; they both won a Cup there with Babs coaching. So there is a connection there. I'm sure if papa says so, Stan will follow suit.

Regardless of if he ends up here or not, I can see him doing the same thing Q did: take a year off, weigh options, and wait for the perfect scenario (Florida was the best spot Q could have landed).

I guess the next question is, would we want him here? He has experience and his record is solid, but if he couldn't do it in Toronto, what would be different here? Also, he has a rep for being hated by pretty much everyone, including the players he coaches. No one likes to play for him, supposedly.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And his face looks like he just smelled a fart.
I agree completely...

mayhap if our coach wasn't JC I wouldn't be like...

"SIGN HIM THOUGH?"

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I know Babcock and Scotty have history in Detroit; they both won a Cup there with Babs coaching. So there is a connection there. I'm sure if papa says so, Stan will follow suit.

Regardless of if he ends up here or not, I can see him doing the same thing Q did: take a year off, weigh options, and wait for the perfect scenario (Florida was the best spot Q could have landed).

I guess the next question is, would we want him here? He has experience and his record is solid, but if he couldn't do it in Toronto, what would be different here? Also, he has a rep for being hated by pretty much everyone, including the players he coaches. No one likes to play for him, supposedly.

I really dont want him to coach the Hawks.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I really dont want him to coach the Hawks.

Yeah, I tend to agree. But I will say this: for all the Seabrook haters out there who would love to move his contract (I'm not one of them, by the way, but I digress) -- the quickest way to get Seabs to waive his NMC, would be to hire Babcock. I guarantee Seabs would waive it in a second, considering what Babcock did while coaching him in the Olympics.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:

A lot of players have come out and described what a terrible person Babock was to them.

Johan Franzen was one of them. ( swedish link but you can use translator )

There are many more links but I am too lazy to post them all :)

Granada

Liked Posts:
A lot of players have come out and described what a terrible person Babock was to them.

Johan Franzen was one of them. ( swedish link but you can use translator )

There are many more links but I am too lazy to post them all :)

Yeah, many players. I know Chelios hates him, off the top of my head -- but he sucks as much as Babcock.