OT: Mel Tucker Douchebag

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is very overblown.

I think Tucker never imagined that MSU would be so desperate to double his salary and his staff pool.

Could he have handled it better? Maybe. But the MSU offer was so ridiculously overvalued that I probably would not believe it until I signed on the dotted line.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Although it’s pretty shady this is pretty common practice when college coaches are considered for another opening. Until they officially get the job they will pretend like they are not interested publicly for fear of losing recruits. Can’t risk losing your top recruits if you miss out on the job.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This is very overblown.

I think Tucker never imagined that MSU would be so desperate to double his salary and his staff pool.

Could he have handled it better? Maybe. But the MSU offer was so ridiculously overvalued that I probably would not believe it until I signed on the dotted line.
Exactly. Everyone would do the same too. Like we would stay in our current roles if someone magically offered us double to start next Monday.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I went on an MSU message board and they were all excited to have hime.. I was like WHAT???
More because Tucker proved to be a good recruiter. A virtually nonexistent football program that had a recruiting class ranked 100+ now has the 32nd best recruiting class.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Another crazy thing about this whole situation is that at 5.5 mil a year Tucker is in the top 15 of college coaching salaries and is getting paid more than a good amount of NFL head coaches....this after failing miserably as an NFL D-Coordinator.

I guess if you can't coach, go and recruit at the college level.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is very overblown.

Ya, they re-evaluated his value within hours of that fund raiser. He had no idea they would offer anything like that.

image.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You misunderstand. Tucker initially rebuffed them and probably believed he would stay at Colorado. Then they offered him double and my point is he is not going to spill the beans until he signs on the dotted line.

So I am sure he knew about the offer or outlines of the offer at the fund raiser. He would be a moron to do anything other than say he planned on being at Colorado until the deal was signed.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wonder if it has anything to do with baby boomers retiring and the labor pool shrinking? You see idiots all the time get jobs and its like how in the fuck did that happen? Lack of options probably. Being a head coach for football is actual work and there isn't an app for that per se.

:)

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I wonder if it has anything to do with baby boomers retiring and the labor pool shrinking? You see idiots all the time get jobs and its like how in the fuck did that happen? Lack of options probably. Being a head coach for football is actual work and there isn't an app for that per se.

:)
Boomers weren't productive anyway. You can have one millenial do the job of five boomers

TheMarshallPlan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Boomers weren't productive anyway. You can have one millenial do the job of five boomers

I’m GenX so nobody gives a fuck about me. Nobody tries to sell me a subscription service for underwear or cage free bread. I can also setup my own WiFi and I know how to use Excel without insulting people to hide my own incompetence.

Given that I’m sandwiched in between two generations I like to think that I bear witness to all this shit.

In my line of work (analytics), boomers are virtually useless. I’ve had people complain about a simple spreadsheet I made that requires filtering or sorting. Then with millennials they normally don’t stick around long enough because they all feel like they belong in the corner office after six months.

Peace.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Don't ya think that has more to do with knowledge skill & work ethic than when a person was born?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I’m GenX so nobody gives a fuck about me. Nobody tries to sell me a subscription service for underwear or cage free bread. I can also setup my own WiFi and I know how to use Excel without insulting people to hide my own incompetence.

Given that I’m sandwiched in between two generations I like to think that I bear witness to all this shit.

In my line of work (analytics), boomers are virtually useless. I’ve had people complain about a simple spreadsheet I made that requires filtering or sorting. Then with millennials they normally don’t stick around long enough because they all feel like they belong in the corner office after six months.

Peace.
So true about millenials bouncing after 6 months but we have learned employers are inherently disloyal. And the longer you stay at a job the more your wage stagnates. Your employer might give a raise of 1-3 % every year but changing jobs will get you 10-15%.

TheMarshallPlan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So true about millenials bouncing after 6 months but we have learned employers are inherently disloyal. And the longer you stay at a job the more your wage stagnates. Your employer might give a raise of 1-3 % every year but changing jobs will get you 10-15%.

I don’t disagree with anything you just typed and I have done exactly what you described.

A word of caution is that you will eventually need to establish roots someplace and have a five year tenure at a company or two. Get a promotion or two also. Otherwise you will be unemployable.

I recently changed jobs with four offers in a seven week period. More often than not the interviewer said oh wow you were at your last place for seven years?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In all honesty, Tucker did the right thing but he's still a douchebag for the Bears defenses. And his predictable defense in the national title game was why Georgia lost