Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is a little rough- but Matthews stinks out loud. Stay classy San Diego.

Yeah, watching LT, Turner, then sproles leave to be replaced by Matthews really sucks, but good god people!

e31.jpg

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
That's "way harsh......." I mean....even in the worst of times I've only ever suggested a minor "keelhauling" of Captain Benson......

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is this really newsworthy? Yes, a truly horrible thing to say to anyone, but this kind of shit is said countless times a day everyday by people. It makes no difference if the victim of the words (and it is JUST words) is an athlete or not, no difference at all.

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even say that about Rodgers or LeBron. But I agree, it's said everyday and no one gives a shit.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
AIDS isn't so bad nowadays...

I usually wish cancer on athletes. It's much worse.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Matthews is an bit of a conundrum. There are times where he looks like he's playing a different speed and just faster than anyone on the field. Then there's the injuries, some fumbles and some crappy games.

Teh toughest part would be the glimpses of something really good surrounded by sub par play. I can see how it would be frusturating.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I heard Matthews is already on IR for AIDS in his knee

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I always find it funny how we as fans can say literally anything to professional athletes, and they just have to sit there and take it. These guys are bigger and stronger than about 99% of fans and could easily beat the crap out of one of us if they were given the opportunity. The world of sports is a funny one.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always find it funny how we as fans can say literally anything to professional athletes, and they just have to sit there and take it. These guys are bigger and stronger than about 99% of fans and could easily beat the crap out of one of us if they were given the opportunity. The world of sports is a funny one.

wtf are you talking about? You realize we are talking about internet trolling right? Its in no way constrained to sports. And its no different that the insults that get tossed around on this board. If panda tweeted some messed up shit to you, are you really gonna do anything but laugh and then ignore it? You gonna hunt him down and kick his ass?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ouch:

"Vitriolic tweets are a new and unwelcome phenomena for the modern athlete, but Mathews would catch heat for his play in any era."

also, "phenomenon", Mr. NFL writer

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
wtf are you talking about? You realize we are talking about internet trolling right? Its in no way constrained to sports. And its no different that the insults that get tossed around on this board. If panda tweeted some messed up shit to you, are you really gonna do anything but laugh and then ignore it? You gonna hunt him down and kick his ass?

I miss Panda. I've never laughed so hard.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-mathews-fans-tweeted-they-hope-i-die-of-aids

Ryan Mathews has been a source of frustration for San Diego Chargers fans from the beginning of his underwhelming NFL career, but some have taken it too far.

Especially on Twitter.

"I've had people say they hope me and my mom get AIDS and die," Mathews told Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego on Wednesday.

If this were a female tweeting is it acceptable to punch her in the face?

:beartroll:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If hes crying about that, dude obviously never met panda.

Lol. Some of his Twitter comments used to crack me up. Like when he called Sean Jensen's baby ugly.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
pretty sure other athletes have horrendous twitter stories

the anonymity of the internet has breed cowards

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even say that about Rodgers or LeBron. But I agree, it's said everyday and no one gives a shit.

That's just cause Rodgers and Lebron are the very best at what they do. The less successful and otherwise disappointing athletes are the more likely candidates to be verbally attacked by these crazed fans.