OT: Ray Rice wins appeal, reinstated immediately

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
What does everyone think of this?

Will anyone take him?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
dont think anyone will take him this year but he will definitley play again somewhere

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
So from my understanding of the Ray Rice situation he won his appeal on the bases of double jeopardy.

For those who don't know what double jeporady is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Jeopardy_Clause

Yeah for Ray Rice!

BUT

The bigger story is that Goodell has been caught in his lies, not only to the owners but more importantly to the public.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I don't really have anything to add, I just saw "CCS thread ender" under your name and wanted to make sure that didn't happen.:shifty:

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
If I were the Lions I'd sign him with hopes he could be ready for the playoffs. Having a back with fresh legs at playoff time would be huge for them.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
I don't really have anything to add, I just saw "CCS thread ender" under your name and wanted to make sure that didn't happen.:shifty:

LOL. It just always seems like after I make a post the thread ends. Good or bad that how it works for me most times.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
If I were the Lions I'd sign him with hopes he could be ready for the playoffs. Having a back with fresh legs at playoff time would be huge for them.

This guy. Secretly you want to Lions to pick him up so next time the Bears face them they can hang 40 on them.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Raiders could use a good RB

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So from my understanding of the Ray Rice situation he won his appeal on the bases of double jeopardy.

Double_Jeopardy!_-25.png

220px-Doublejeopardyposter.jpg

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If I recall correctly, didn't the plot of that movie make absolutely no sense?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
everyone's talking Colts already

their running game sucks and Jim Irsay can get away with less of a PR hit than most teams when he has some spiel about 2nd chances

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
This guy. Secretly you want to Lions to pick him up so next time the Bears face them they can hang 40 on them.

They don't need Rice for that to happen. We really only had one TO yesterday, and we have no motivation the rest of the year. I fully expect every game to be progressively more embarrassing. Or at least I can hope so the FO has no choice but to cut ties with Emery and the entire coaching staff.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
The Raiders could use a good RB

Latavius Murray might be that guy...112 yards on 4 carries and 2 TDs against the Chiefs. Where were they hiding that guy?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BUT

The bigger story is that Goodell has been caught in his lies, not only to the owners but more importantly to the public.

Goodell makes no sense. We all saw the video outside of the elevator. Rice admitted to hitting her. 2 game suspension. Ummm, what do you think happened in the elevator? Then public outrage over what anyone paying attention knew happened and things change?

What was Goodell protecting? They need to get rid of him.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Jeopardy_Clause

Yeah for Ray Rice!

BUT

Further, it exposes the fuckidiot process the NFL used to penalize him... Case comes up first time... slap on the wrist. Public gets a look at evidence, oh fucking no! The NFL blew it, lets try him again for the same incident... oh fucking no! You can't do that!

lmfao

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They don't need Rice for that to happen. We really only had one TO yesterday, and we have no motivation the rest of the year. I fully expect every game to be progressively more embarrassing. Or at least I can hope so the FO has no choice but to cut ties with Emery and the entire coaching staff.

Yeah, fire the whole FO again to protect Cutler. lol