OT (Sort of) - Fire close to returning to Solider Field

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:youdontsay:
If the Bears built a new stadium they could. Unfortunately people like @Spunky Porkstacker oppose it despite the potential massive advantage it could give the Bears.
Learn to read Dick, I've never said I oppose a new stadium. The fucked up political scene in Chicago/Illinois makes it unlikely to happen unless the family were to finance the entire project which doesn't seem likely. But keep chirping, next you'll have Wrigley Field demolished.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The city tax that pays for the 2002 stadium upgrade runs until 2032... new stadium lol.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
:youdontsay:
Learn to read Dick, I've never said I oppose a new stadium. The fucked up political scene in Chicago/Illinois makes it unlikely to happen unless the family were to finance the entire project which doesn't seem likely. But keep chirping, next you'll have Wrigley Field demolished.
Or you know they could sell the team when Virginia kicks the bucket

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
As a Fire fan, this move absolutely makes sense. People hate going out to Bridgeview to watch games and being in Chicago itself will help attendance. Results have been poor for a good decade now, but hopefully those days are soon over. Joe Mansueto purchased 49% of the ownership and we have seen good things since. Hauptman (the one owning 51% now) has done fuck all and bought the Fire strictly as an investment, putting nothing from his own pockets into the team. The roster today is actually quite good. Schweinsteiger is still good, Gaitan is a baller, Frankowski plays for the Polish national team, Katai just got capped by Serbia, and Djordje is an up and coming American. Unfortunately, the coach seems to be a huge dumb ass and has no idea how to use the talent at his disposal.

Long term, the Fire are going to want to build their own soccer specific stadium, but this time in Chicago. I don't think that will happen for another 5 years at least though. Will it interfere with the Bears schedule? Partially, but I don't think it will be too bad. My guess is they load up on the home games when football regular season is not going on. Season now ends first weekend of October, before the playoffs which run until about mid-November I believe and that is if the Fire even make it all the way to the cup with home field advantage.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Whoa, the hype! Time to wear my Karl-Heinz Granitza jersey