1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont buy it. They do assessments every year on our property, find a way to raise everyones taxes every single year. I am pretty sure just pulling permits to tear down the house and rebuild it pull out huge red flags.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Typical Tribune smear job. LOL at "tens of thousands of dollars over the years"...Yu Darvish probably has that much money in his couch cushions, much less the Ricketts family.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Typical Tribune smear job. LOL at "tens of thousands of dollars over the years"...Yu Darvish probably has that much money in his couch cushions, much less the Ricketts family.
Pardon me while I try to figure out what Yu Darvish's wealth has to do with alleged tax fraud by someone else.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Pardon me while I try to figure out what Yu Darvish's wealth has to do with alleged tax fraud by someone else.

Tens of thousands of dollars over the years is chump change to someone with Yu Darvish's wealth...its pocket lint to the Ricketts family.

Do you understand that "tens of thousands of dollars" is a monetary amount? What on earth is there to "figure out"? What part is confusing to you?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I can buy that tens of thousands amount, hell, after my dad passed away we were paying 6000 a year for a house by Harlem and Higgins. Just one year is probably ten grand over there.

I can see if its the general property deal of tear down a house you are going to renovate and then pay taxes on the bare property like so many builders do, but no way they have been getting away with this.

You just see the reporters that believe the liberal gimme gimme crap, even though none of us probably get squat.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why would it matter? A decent lawyer and some lose coin shuts up the tax man in a issue like this.

I deliver IRS claims every day. This is not a huge deal. Tribune is just looking for news.