OT: USA Today : 49ers have a Jimmy Garoppolo problem

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jimmy appears to be mentally weak, and worse...mentally fragile. He often looks scared by the moment and startled by hits.

I would assume this is why Tom Brady reportedly did not like him and sought to have him removed from the QB room.

I told y'all this ad nauseam before he was ever traded. He is a little bit like Rex Grossman, come to think of it. Too small and fragile to last a season, mentally weak, and likes to chuck it up with a ton of air under it.

I would assume this is why Tom Brady reportedly did not like him and sought to have him removed from the QB room.

Wow.... I never heard this, any articles on this?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow.... I never heard this, any articles on this?
it was widely reported at the time that Belicek wanted to keep him, and Kraft/Brady were the forces that wanted him gone. Bellichek almost quit over that power struggle.

Bellichek is the GM I believe, so its not usual when Kraft gets involved like that.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He has 17 tds 8 ints for his career. And the last thing I’m worried about is his accuracy. He has the quickest release I’ve ever seen.

He’s 12 TDs and 8 INTs with San Fran.

Bill Belichick ain’t wearing the headset for him anymore, and Tom Terrific ain’t holding the clipboard.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am a republican. What does my post quota have to be in order for you to agree with and thankbang everything I say lol.
Please reframe your question in a form that makes sense.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
which part do you doubt? I'm sure you can find them yourself quite easily.
It's not that I doubt. I just figured that if "Kraft/Brady were the forces that wanted him gone " that would be big news. I must've missed seeing it.

When I totally don't buy what someone says I Iet them know it and ask for proof. However, in this case, because of what I already know about Garoppolo, what u say sounds very plausible.

What I do recall was Bill Belichick marketing the heck outta Garoppolo as such a good Qb, when he was trying to trade him.
I thought it strange. I couldn't understand why Garoppolo wouldn't be the guy to succeed Brady:unsure: But now that u mention the Kraft/Brady info....it all came together.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's not that I doubt. I just figured that if "Kraft/Brady were the forces that wanted him gone " that would be big news. I must've missed seeing it.

When I totally don't buy what someone says I Iet them know it and ask for proof. However, in this case, because of what I already know about Garoppolo, what u say sounds very plausible.

What I do recall was Bill Belichick marketing the heck outta Garoppolo as such a good Qb, when he was trying to trade him.
I thought it strange. I couldn't understand why Garoppolo wouldn't be the guy to succeed Brady:unsure: But now that u mention the Kraft/Brady info....it all came together.
I believe it also had something to do with paying Jimmy G while him backing up Brady who hasn’t shown he is leaving just yet.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He has 17 tds 8 ints for his career. And the last thing I’m worried about is his accuracy. He has the quickest release I’ve ever seen.
Ever?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He’s been in the league 6 years and has played in 26 game. Still learning about defenses is a bad sign.
At least 7 games were just kneel downs, you don’t receive very much defensive reading while you are piling up negative rushing yards.......just saying

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

It was VERY easy to understand, Jimmy’s contract was up and they didn’t want to pay him $100 mill with Brady playing until he dies. ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jimmy G looking good tonight so far.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

it was big news...

it was rumored to spark a huge rift between Kraft/Belly and it was a bunch of off-season drama, probably mostly drama and head games...

you can google it, I found one about Jimmy trying to explain why he and Brady hated each other, was like competitive brothers, explained in the best PR light from his side, but I know I could dig deeper and find stuff.

Why would he have to explain why they hated each other in the first place if it wasn't out there?

Do you not remember the Kraft/Belly rift? What else was it about? Its one of those stupid speculation things too, like it was off-season chatter. Don't make too big a deal out of it.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, don't rule out report of a "rift" over Jimmy G to be Belly mind games to increase his value.

If half the franchise wants him and its perceived that Brady is the reason, not a football reason, it keeps his value highest possible. Its probably the highest liklihood that Belly made it up and Kraft/Brady played along.

Never trade with Belly.