OT: while we're talking about refs screwing teams...

mecha

Liked Posts:
the irony..

[video=youtube;CWPQoFwVkrk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWPQoFwVkrk[/video]

like, it's totally blatant too. amazing how different the game was when if already ruled down it's not a fumble.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
That fumble never happened. It couldn't have happened. Photoshop! The refs never screw the Pack. :D

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The refs this year have been horrendous in general. They were just as bad as the replacements.

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
The only difference is, you were allowed to complain about the replacement refs without being called a "Conspiricy nut" or a "sore loser".

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only difference is, you were allowed to complain about the replacement refs without being called a "Conspiricy nut" or a "sore loser".

Cry moar.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm so u post a vid from when the 49ers where the leagues darlings. Thanks for making our point. The bullshit happens on key plays....yes good teams can overcome it....avg teams like us it makes it that much more difficult. Two punt scenarios changed in our game on garbage calls resulted in points....roughing on Rodgers and PI on Frey (since it was ok for Pack to do same shit)

Although he was fined we got no call on a helmet to helmet that would have put us in FG range and a clear PI on Marshall on a key 3rd down during a crucial drive. Bears still had their opportunity to win so i wont say refs gave them the game....Bears are not good enough to overcome calls like that. The defense is horrible and u take away two stops those consequences weigh in on fans....especially when u see the same shit being committed by the other team.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I read up on this game a little bit, apparently the most senior ref made the no-calls while one of the others wanted to, but didn't want to go over the lead guy. people can call the Packers now the darlings cause there's holds and PI that go uncalled, but that fumble was a blatant no call. millions of people saw that shit and it went uncalled. all the Bears had to do last week was play even SLIGHTLY better on defense and they win that game. "calls" didn't just make the Bears lose. that was a defensive collapse.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I read up on this game a little bit, apparently the most senior ref made the no-calls while one of the others wanted to, but didn't want to go over the lead guy. people can call the Packers now the darlings cause there's holds and PI that go uncalled, but that fumble was a blatant no call. millions of people saw that shit and it went uncalled. all the Bears had to do last week was play even SLIGHTLY better on defense and they win that game. "calls" didn't just make the Bears lose. that was a defensive collapse.

So the NFL has always been pre determined like Wrasslin'? I can believe that. I can even accept that.
My main problem now is how blatant they are about it.
It's like the difference of how Wrasslin' was when I was a kid vs the hollywood soap opera it is now.

If the Bears were SLIGHTLY better the refs simply make SLIGHTLY more bad calls to favor the team that has been predestined to win. Bad calls are one things, one sided bad calls are the major problem.