Pace and Nagy were talking about the importance of the U tight end

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surgery was real. It is a 2-4 month recovery.

Yet he is still hobbled by it 6-8-10 months later. That tells me one of 2 things, he either did not put in the time and effort into rehabbing or he is not really interested in being back on the field and the groin is a convenient excuse.

He did not show any desire to come back from this injury. It happens guys who are not fully committed get injured and do not push it that hard to get back, collect the guaranteed money on their deals, and go enjoy the rest of their lives.

It could be complications from his surgery. We just don't know for certain. Not all surgeries go well and for various reasons, may require revisions. Really only the doctors, Burton, and the Bears organization knows for certain.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
“It doesn’t matter how I feel,” Burton said last week. “… I don’t want to make any excuses for my play. I know I’m not playing well. And obviously I want to play better. I could easily say it’s because of this, because of that, but at the end of the day I want to be out there, I want to produce, I want to be part of the offense and it’s just not happening.”

Burton said he’s owned his poor season in conversations with quarterback Mitch Trubisky, who’s mired in struggles of his own this year.

“I talked to him about it and let him know like, bro, I’m not playing well, I need to pick my game up,” Burton said. “It’s affecting you, it’s affecting other things.”

The Bears’ 2019 offense may be better off without Burton trying to fight through his nagging injuries. But placing him on injured reserve to end a massively disappointing season does not mean his career with the Bears is over.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...injured-reserve-means-bears-tight-ends-future

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“It doesn’t matter how I feel,” Burton said last week. “… I don’t want to make any excuses for my play. I know I’m not playing well. And obviously I want to play better. I could easily say it’s because of this, because of that, but at the end of the day I want to be out there, I want to produce, I want to be part of the offense and it’s just not happening.”

Burton said he’s owned his poor season in conversations with quarterback Mitch Trubisky, who’s mired in struggles of his own this year.

“I talked to him about it and let him know like, bro, I’m not playing well, I need to pick my game up,” Burton said. “It’s affecting you, it’s affecting other things.”

The Bears’ 2019 offense may be better off without Burton trying to fight through his nagging injuries. But placing him on injured reserve to end a massively disappointing season does not mean his career with the Bears is over.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...injured-reserve-means-bears-tight-ends-future

Would be great if he comes back and plays like the early 2018 season Burton next season. I'll be rooting for him and a full recovery. But I also think the Bears need to hedge their bets and get some depth in case he simply can't get healthy or perform like expected.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would be great if he comes back and plays like the early 2018 season Burton next season. I'll be rooting for him and a full recovery. But I also think the Bears need to hedge their bets and get some depth in case he simply can't get healthy or perform like expected.

It really depends on the money. I don't see him getting jettisoned this offseason. There would be 7.5m in dead cap according to Spotrac.

I hope he comes back healthy and ready to produce. I also hope Horsted can perform well enough to be number 2 on the roster...

There are a lot of ifs at that position with not a ton of options to spend big money.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It could be complications from his surgery. We just don't know for certain. Not all surgeries go well and for various reasons, may require revisions. Really only the doctors, Burton, and the Bears organization knows for certain.

Really, only Burton knows.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So your degrees in psychology and medicine have led you to this decision without ever examining or speaking to Burton?

How do you know he had no desire?

Everything I have heard and read said he was probably playing when it may have been best for him to sit out and that it was killing him he wasn't playing productively.

So he said.

2-4 month injury that he is milking for 20+ months of barely playing and recovery.

Some dudes just do not want the grind once they get the life changing money. We see it all the time.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It really depends on the money. I don't see him getting jettisoned this offseason. There would be 7.5m in dead cap according to Spotrac.

I hope he comes back healthy and ready to produce. I also hope Horsted can perform well enough to be number 2 on the roster...

There are a lot of ifs at that position with not a ton of options to spend big money.

I do not know.

The same way that you do not know that he really wants to come back and is doing everything humanly possible to come back.

We are both guessing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he said.

2-4 month injury that he is milking for 20+ months of barely playing and recovery.

Some dudes just do not want the grind once they get the life changing money. We see it all the time.

You have zero evidence other than your own feelings.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not know.

The same way that you do not know that he really wants to come back and is doing everything humanly possible to come back.

We are both guessing.

So you'd rather just err on the side of him being a slug even though he was attempting to play through 2 injuries?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
again, burton was great for the most part last year. They were negligent to a point going into the current season with known issues with burton and still talking up Shaheen. There’s a reason a lot of people wanted the bears to draft a tight end and that was with the expectation that burton was going to come back healthy
Shaqueen is a bust, no doubt about it. But, you can't upgrade everything all the time especially with the $$$ contract of Burton and the 2nd round investment of Shaqueen. They gambled on both those Dorkchops this season, but I get it. If they don't do shit this next season I'll be pissed. IMO, play-calling and clock management is the reason we're 6-6.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Baby gronk lol lol more like baby bitch

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’ve backed the burton signing and he was good last year until this injury. My point i it’s disappointing they didn’t feel the need to address it going into this season knowing at the very least burton wasn’t ready for the opener. It’s just mind boggling they appeared to keep faith in him and Shaheen for so long

I wouldn't say they didn't try addressing it though.

B.Sowell--dropped all the weight
D.Raymond
Shaheen
Braunk
JP Holtz
J.Horsted

Like Modo said everything they did try just didn't workout and how do we know that they knew Burton was gonna be out as long as he was and then to never even get fully healthy and get put on IR? I think they thought Burton would be healthy much sooner and fully healthy and it just never worked out that way because Burton is a big pussy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is another fairly massive failure by Ryan Pace. We know the TE position is important in the offense and he left it painfully exposed and spent the offseason talking up Adam Shaheen.

Pace's failures at TE are verging on comical at this point.

You used to be unpredictable in what you would say in a post but you've become very much predictable to where i'm never shocked by anything you post. It's all Pace hate over and over and over again. A little surprised that you aren't as exhausted with posting Pace hate as i am with reading it in every post you make.

You should do a mock for us.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
any gm on the face of the earth can't predetermine if a player like T Burt is a giant pussy before he sees the giant pussy on the field and whether it's getting hurt all the time or being a snowflake with anxiety and sensitivity issues like T Burt if you're going to blame R Pace for signing the giant pussy then you have to give him credit for players like N Wills who we never expected to lead the team in sack this season with A Hicks and D Trev going out and see they aren't giant pussies they're injuries are for real unlike T Burts because he is a giant pussy and you all would know this if you played the game in real life

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is dion sims available?

Ouch, now that one hurt cause i'm probably the only one that kept sticking up for that signing and that one really bit me in the ass.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ouch, now that one hurt cause i'm probably the only one that kept sticking up for that signing and that one really bit me in the ass.
You’re the fucking idiot that sticks up for every move and every signing

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
any gm on the face of the earth can't predetermine if a player like T Burt is a giant pussy before he sees the giant pussy on the field and whether it's getting hurt all the time or being a snowflake with anxiety and sensitivity issues like T Burt if you're going to blame R Pace for signing the giant pussy then you have to give him credit for players like N Wills who we never expected to lead the team in sack this season with A Hicks and D Trev going out and see they aren't giant pussies they're injuries are for real unlike T Burts because he is a giant pussy and you all would know this if you played the game in real life

You know what I find odd is the big deals pace gives usually leaves the team an out after two years. This guy was a backup and he left no real out of the contract.