Pace and Nagy were talking about the importance of the U tight end

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the plane to Chicago after the hire.

“It was funny,” Pace recalled. “Literally, the very first personnel conversation we had centered around the tight end.”

and they never talked about it again? Just amazing that they talk about the importance of the U TE in this offense but don’t do jack about it before the season. They should’ve seen burton checked out well before the season started.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
This falls on pace. He could never get the Te position right.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears actually spent capital on the position. They used a 2nd round draft pick and spent good money on a free agent. They just happened to be wrong on their choices. Its not as if they didn't do anything; they just didn't do the right thing.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Bears actually spent capital on the position. They used a 2nd round draft pick and spent good money on a free agent. They just happened to be wrong on their choices. Its not as if they didn't do anything; they just didn't do the right thing.
Doing nothing would have been better. It would have saved us a second round pick and some FA money.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doing nothing would have been better. It would have saved us a second round pick and some FA money.

That's not how this works however. And actually, Trey Burton had a pretty solid year last year and was worth the money based on his production.

This year the position has been a shit show based on the injury to Burton.

What the Bears haven't done is created depth at the position. Hopefully Horsted can flash a bit more.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
That's not how this works however. And actually, Trey Burton had a pretty solid year last year and was worth the money based on his production.

What the Bears haven't done is created depth at the position. Hopefully Horsted can flash a bit more.
What depth? We have bodies there sure, but none of them have proven anything.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve backed the burton signing and he was good last year until this injury. My point i it’s disappointing they didn’t feel the need to address it going into this season knowing at the very least burton wasn’t ready for the opener. It’s just mind boggling they appeared to keep faith in him and Shaheen for so long

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pace spent big money on te twice both were duds

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Or you can say they suppressed depth by trotting out a known failure over and over again.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Little knighting for Pace here but I don't see why.

Shaheen was a big swing-and-a-miss and Burton had good production but also issues for whatever unknown reason.

Both these things were known before last offseason began. Pace did nothing about it going into 2019 and here we are.