Pace Delivers Death Sentence to Bears Organization

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Last night, Ryan Pace delivered a Death Sentence to the Chicago Bears organization. After a catastrophic FA failure, he followed it up with an even more catastrophic opening draft night -- leaving us a shell of a franchise that may not recover for multiple decades.

We currently have gaping holes at WR, TE, RT, LT, IBL, FS, SS, DL and CB. Pace gave up the 3rd overall pick, two 3rd rounders and 4th rounder to move up ONE SPOT to draft a seriously flawed QB with virtually no game tape. Our chances of addressing any of our gaping holes with legitimate young talent just went out the window. Even if he trades the 2nd round pick to move back a bit - what's he going to get? Another 4th rounder? Whoop Dee Doo!

He drafted Kevin White 7th overall (BUST), Erroneous Grasu with in the 3rd round (BUST), four busts in the 4th round of last years draft a lone (all over Dak), signed Pernell McPee (BUST), Eddie Royal (BUST), Antrelle Rolle (BUST), and a 40 year old safety this off-season (BUST). And now instead of using our picks to fill the numerous holes all across the board-- he traded every thing to get a QB that even if he is good -- will have nothing around him.

I'm still in disbelief. I've been a Bears since 1968 and I've never been this disgusted.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So you don't care about accumulating more mid round picks but the ones we traded to try and get a franchise QB are all of a sudden the valuable ones? Yeah that makes sense, lol.

Step off the ledge.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Slide35.GIF

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Multiple DECADES???
LOL
That's worse than Bayless and his 5 year claim. At least for him you can say there's 2 years of draft picks that extrapolate into 5 years of player discovery. You could say for his claim that you have to give Trub 5 years before cutting him if he sucks.
Many of these players won't even be in the NFL let alone on the Bears in your drama queen "multiple decades".

Thankfully you're both wrong. The holes this year can be patched with FA. It's been very well proven that you no longer have to hamper your team with your 1st round pick for long periods. You can cut your #1 QB draftee next year if you want.

Curious how old you are.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last night, Ryan Pace delivered a Death Sentence to the Chicago Bears organization. After a catastrophic FA failure, he followed it up with an even more catastrophic opening draft night -- leaving us a shell of a franchise that may not recover for multiple decades.

We currently have gaping holes at WR, TE, RT, LT, IBL, FS, SS, DL and CB. Pace gave up the 3rd overall pick, two 3rd rounders and 4th rounder to move up ONE SPOT to draft a seriously flawed QB with virtually no game tape. Our chances of addressing any of our gaping holes with legitimate young talent just went out the window. Even if he trades the 2nd round pick to move back a bit - what's he going to get? Another 4th rounder? Whoop Dee Doo!

He drafted Kevin White 7th overall (BUST), Erroneous Grasu with in the 3rd round (BUST), four busts in the 4th round of last years draft a lone (all over Dak), signed Pernell McPee (BUST), Eddie Royal (BUST), Antrelle Rolle (BUST), and a 40 year old safety this off-season (BUST). And now instead of using our picks to fill the numerous holes all across the board-- he traded every thing to get a QB that even if he is good -- will have nothing around him.

I'm still in disbelief. I've been a Bears since 1968 and I've never been this disgusted.

lol at multiple decades

so far I have seen someone quitting the forums, selling their bears memorabilia and now declaring the death of the Bears for at least 20 years...

all because we drafted a QB and traded away a couple mid round picks

what the fuck would of happened if we traded a first for Sam Bradford last year....

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
can always count on DJMoore for hyperbole and nonsense. Half the positions you list as gaping holes are in need of depth, not new starters for a competitive team. Also, I seriously question what your definition of a bust is, if you are considering 4th rounders and aging veteran placeholder FAs to be busts.

You can disagree with the Trubisky pick without overreacting like a snotty, hysterical preteen.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, where have you been? This team has made the playoffs 5 times in 25 years. They've already been set back multiple decades.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I presume the OP is not actually being serious here with the reference to decades. That's a little bit crazy.

To be honest, I thought there'd be a bigger meltdown if pace didn't draft a QB at 3... I guess I was wrong there.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I honestly didn't expect this level of cunting today. I was delighted at the pick. I was a Watson guy (not sure if I mentioned that before?) but I said that as long as Pace identifies HIS guy, and does whatever is necessary to make sure he's in Bourbonnais in July, I'll be satisfied. He did just that. I understand some people preferred other QBs. But obviously Pace has reason to believe Trubisky has the skills to be our future.

I don't get it. Why isn't everyone happy? Not even not happy, but acting like the world is coming to an end. This shit is bizarre.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Good for you. Bears fan since 1975 and I'm excited. He gave up 2 draft picks this year. 2!! not 20.

He can recoup one of them this round if he wants to. what a drama queen you are.

I actually remember Jack Concannon to Dick Gordon - ouch! I will always remember when Johnny Morris announced that the Bears had selected a runningg back from Jackson State on his channel 2 sports cast and I knew who Walter was before he said it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I honestly didn't expect this level of cunting today. I was delighted at the pick. I was a Watson guy (not sure if I mentioned that before?) but I said that as long as Pace identifies HIS guy, and does whatever is necessary to make sure he's in Bourbonnais in July, I'll be satisfied. He did just that. I understand some people preferred other QBs. But obviously Pace has reason to believe Trubisky has the skills to be our future.

I don't get it. Why isn't everyone happy? Not even not happy, but acting like the world is coming to an end. This shit is bizarre.

I'm fine with the pick itself. Cautiously optimistic, but overall fine. Still worried about Trub's lack of experience. I just think Pace overreacted. Still think he could have had his guy and the extra picks to build around his guy. Also wondering if the Bears truly have the patience, as well as the personnel, to develop Trubs correctly.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Not really Mick, there would have been Cunting regardless of the pick, you know it.