Pagano Changes

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick question, its reported that Chuck likes to use more man coverage this has been an issue in the past for Fuller what are the options for him/Bears is he in the slot, 3rd safety etc??

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Fuller is fine in man. Amukamara is the worry. Toliver II is being developed as a starting outside man CB, hopefully next year he'll be far enough along.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick question, its reported that Chuck likes to use more man coverage this has been an issue in the past for Fuller what are the options for him/Bears is he in the slot, 3rd safety etc??

Good coaches play to the strengths of their personnel. Pagano will be watching game tape and scheme to the strength of his players...hopefully

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuller can play man-to-man. He just needs one of those cyclist's mirrors clipped to his helmet.

....because, as we all know, supposedly

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is an off man CB.

Just don’t ask him to press all the time.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Pagano is a good defensive mind, and he’s not stupid.

He knows how dominant the Bears defense was last year, and he knows what they’re good at.

He’s not going to do anything to harm that. I don’t expect him to come in and start making wholesale changes.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would a guy that, in your estimation, has an issue with playing man coverage be put into the nickle? Those guys have to defend against 2-way-go routes all day...not the place for someone that struggles to man up.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuller is fine in man. Amukamara is the worry. Toliver II is being developed as a starting outside man CB, hopefully next year he'll be far enough along.

Prince is the better man CB

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want to see more Roquan blitzes

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They didn’t hire pagano to reinvent the wheel here. The majority of our defense is locked up so they obviously think pagano can continue the success we witnessed on defense with the way the current roster is built.

The curiosity here is do we keep S or NB and most posters think under pagano S is more important

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pagano is a good defensive mind, and he’s not stupid.

He knows how dominant the Bears defense was last year, and he knows what they’re good at.

He’s not going to do anything to harm that. I don’t expect him to come in and start making wholesale changes.

Look, you are right about Pagano. Obviously he will recognize the talent, look at the tape, and take in how Fangio had success.

But never underestimate the arrogance of a NFL coach. They tend to want to run their own system, regardless of their predecessor. Pagano will probably start out taking cues on how to use players from Fangio, but will likely move to full implementation of his system, including roster changes, over time.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good coaches play to the strengths of their personnel. Pagano will be watching game tape and scheme to the strength of his players...hopefully

Everyone repeats this because it is true. But imo, actually scheming to your personnel is rare in the NFL. More often, coaches tend to be rigid and dump players that don't fit rather than tweak their system.

Shit, remember when Greg Olsen was the best receiver on the team (after Forte)?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Everyone repeats this because it is true. But imo, actually scheming to your personnel is rare in the NFL. More often, coaches tend to be rigid and dump players that don't fit rather than tweak their system.

:lmao: it's so pathetic and true. so what did they do? oh, Martz doesn't like TEs catching passes, get rid of Olsen. unbelievable.

also Amukamara often gets flagged for PIs because he's not afraid to tangle it up with receivers. I really like him. it just comes with the territory.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Then the HC needs to say you work with the key players we have, or we dont hire you. And then he needs to make sure it happens.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That was terrible, Marx wanted Manumaleuna, way overpaid him and got nothing out of him. Huge blunder but different scenario than now.

There's a lot of talent on this D that Pace built, for me I don't see Pace doing anything to make it worse. But no argument about coaches wanting their own guys/making changes.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was terrible, Marx wanted Manumaleuna, way overpaid him and got nothing out of him. Huge blunder but different scenario than now.

There's a lot of talent on this D that Pace built, for me I don't see Pace doing anything to make it worse. But no argument about coaches wanting their own guys/making changes.

OK, then why wouldn't that be true with Pagano?

People that think Pagano isn't going to change things up, including roster moves are probably wrong. At least by year 2. Pagano has been around. He's not some wide eyed kid. He's probably gon want to do his own thing. Put his own stamp on the D.

And Nagy will probably be on board. You don't hire a guy for his credentials and talent, then stop him from doing his thing.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK, then why wouldn't that be true with Pagano?

People that think Pagano isn't going to change things up, including roster moves are probably wrong. At least by year 2. Pagano has been around. He's not some wide eyed kid. He's probably gon want to do his own thing. Put his own stamp on the D.

And Nagy will probably be on board. You don't hire a guy for his credentials and talent, then stop him from doing his thing.

Im not worried about him implementing his own system(I think being more aggressive is a good thing). I honestly would like to see more of our DL moved around. I feel as though Fangio didnt try to move Mack or Floyd unless it was 3rd down

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, we'll see.

My instinct is that Pagano will stay close to what Fangio did early and the D will under perform because of it. And then Pagano will start to change things up.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Yeah, we'll see.

My instinct is that Pagano will stay close to what Fangio did early and the D will under perform because of it. And then Pagano will start to change things up.

So you’ll think he will just rush 4 and have the other 7 just play with instinct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk