Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I honestly do not know the difference and why we use one or the other. If anybody would like to shed some light on the subject for me I would very much appreciate it

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think QBR takes into account sacks, fumbles, rushing yards etc

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think QBR takes into account sacks, fumbles, rushing yards etc
Does either of them take into account a win or a loss? Does either of them take into account turnovers that result into points for the opposing team? Does either of them take into account dropped passes, tipped passes that were intercepted, tipped passes that were caught?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does either of them take into account a win or a loss? Does either of them take into account turnovers that result into points for the opposing team? Does either of them take into account dropped passes, tipped passes that were intercepted, tipped passes that were caught?

No

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QBR says Jameis Winston was better than Russell Wilson last year. That should tell you all you need to know.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
QBR says Jameis Winston was better than Russell Wilson last year. That should tell you all you need to know.
And the other system says Deshaun Watson was better than Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff and Andrew Luck. I guess that tells me more than enough about the passer rating and it’s limitations

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And the other system says Deshaun Watson was better than Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff and Andrew Luck. I guess that tells me more than enough about the passer rating and it’s limitations

Except Watson's season actually was as good or better than theirs in 2018, by the performance numbers.

On the other hand, Winston was one of the worst starting QBs and Wilson was one of the best.

So one is plausible while the other isn't.

Don't let this obsession you've developed with me cloud your judgment of other players. Watson deserves the credit he gets.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Good
Except Watson's season actually was as good or better than theirs in 2018, by the performance numbers.

On the other hand, Winston was one of the worst starting QBs and Wilson was one of the best.

So one is plausible while the other isn't.

Don't let this obsession you've developed with me cloud your judgment of other players. Watson deserves the credit he gets.
A performance number that equals a Super Bowl is far more better than shitting the bed in the first playoff game of your career at home. So he did not perform better than Nrady or Goff. Period
Again wanker, no need to self inflate your ego. I just don’t agree with a system that doesn’t accurately judge a quarterback. Your system since it put Watson ahead of some quarterbacks is flawed as well. You can go 3 for 3 for 9 yards and have a better rating then a quarterback that goes 1 for 3 for 30 yards. Seems like a flawed system to me

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good
A performance number that equals a Super Bowl is far more better than shouting the bed in the first playoff game if your career at home. So he did not perform better than Nrady or Goff. Period

You really don't get it, do you? Passer rating evaluates a QBs performance, not his team's. It's based on how productive his throws are, how many tds he throws compared to ints, yards per attempt, etc.

How far your team advances in the playoffs doesn't affect it. By your logic Trent Dilfer as a better QB in 2000 than Manning or Favre because he won the Superbowl.

If you're determined to discredit Watson's body of work because he didn't play well against the Colts, knock yourself out.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No, I do get it. The passer rating is a glorified fanboy stat. I don’t take much stock in it and nothing you say will ever change it.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You really don't get it, do you? Passer rating evaluates a QBs performance, not his team's. It's based on how productive his throws are, how many tds he throws compared to ints, yards per attempt, etc.

How far your team advances in the playoffs doesn't affect it. By your logic Trent Dilfer as a better QB in 2000 than Manning or Favre because he won the Superbowl.

If you're determined to discredit Watson's body of work because he didn't play well against the Colts, knock yourself out.
I’d rather have a super bowl winner than a passer ratings leader that’s for sure. I’d bet even Deshaun Watson would rather have a super bowl ring than a high passer rating. Now go on and tell me something different. You are only as good as your last game isn’t that true?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And that is insane. I totally tossed QBR out several years ago when in one given week, Tom Brady had a ridiculous game throwing for 5 or 6 TDs and was actually almost perfect for the day. The same day, Cutler had a just okay day (for Cutler) and somehow Cutler had a higher QBR than Brady for the day, and the fanboys were all over it. I see no correlation between QBR and actual performance.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And that is insane. I totally tossed QBR out several years ago when in one given week, Tom Brady had a ridiculous game throwing for 5 or 6 TDs and was actually almost perfect for the day. The same day, Cutler had a just okay day (for Cutler) and somehow Cutler had a higher QBR than Brady for the day, and the fanboys were all over it. I see no correlation between QBR and actual performance.

I believe that was 2013 opening day, when Peyton Manning threw 7 tds in a vintage performance, but Cutler' s 1 td, 1 int outing was deemed better.

Yep, laughable stat.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe that was 2013 opening day, when Peyton Manning threw 7 tds in a vintage performance, but Cutler' s 1 td, 1 int outing was deemed better.

Yep, laughable stat.

Haha, you are right.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’d rather have a super bowl winner than a passer ratings leader that’s for sure. I’d bet even Deshaun Watson would rather have a super bowl ring than a high passer rating.

A better performance by your QB improves your chances of winning.

It's mesmerizing how jaw droppingly dumb you are.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A better performance by your QB improves your chances of winning.

It's mesmerizing how jaw droppingly dumb you are.
It’s mesmerizing how jaw droppingly stupid you are wanker. I might be dumb but I’m not stupid, wanker.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think they both are overrated stats