PFF: Fixing the Bears OL

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace needs to drop some of these TEs on the roster and bring in some FA Oline now. Throw some mud at the wall and see what sticks.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace needs to drop some of these TEs on the roster and bring in some FA Oline now. Throw some mud at the wall and see what sticks.

Agreed, but not much out there now. He will likely see what turns up after the draft...hopefully another Bushrod type becomes available. Can probably rework a few more deals for one more FA pickup of notable cost hit.

I do like your approach that he's done with the several "1st Rd disappointers" at little to no risk. If coaches can get just one of em up to par, that's a big win.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Part of me feels like Pace will wait to get an offensive lineman. One thing that stuck out to me in one of the press conferences was Pace saying that they didn't feel they had a talent problem on the OL, basically alluding to coaching being an issue.

I think the statement on talent is both true to an extent and a misdirection at the same time. Given the number of games Massie missed and his contract, tackle is a need. We have to be prepared to replace him next year for salary cap reasons and possibly fill for him this year if availability continues to be a problem. I wouldn't consider Bars, Coward, or even Ifedi more than emergency backups.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blaming Hiestand is nonsensical.

This is the same guy who got career years from Leno, Massie and Long’s backup in 2018.

Talent is the issue.