Phil Simms on Trubisky

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mostly agree with Phil, and I do think many Bears fans lack perspective and are knee jerk with their opinions.

However, I can understand the angst for three reasons:

1) Despite looking like dog shit against the Raiders, we have a SB ready defense and who knows how long that window lasts.

2) Chicago feels QB cursed. We had to watch Brett Favre get replaced with Aaron Rodgers, and Bears fans are desperate to find "the guy". Our franchise records in this area are laughably low given how long the organization has been around.

3) Mitch's draft class. Although I do think looking at this in hindsight is a little silly, especially with Mahomes. Watson is a different story.

All that said, I'm willing to be patient before entering into flip out mode. But that's just how I roll...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I mostly agree with Phil, and I do think many Bears fans lack perspective and are knee jerk with their opinions.

1) Despite looking like dog shit against the Raiders, we have a SB ready defense and who knows how long that window lasts.

2) Chicago feels QB cursed. We had to watch Brett Favre get replaced with Aaron Rodgers, and Bears fans are desperate to find "the guy". Our franchise records in this area are laughably low given how long the organization has been around.

3) Mitch's draft class. Although I do think looking at this in hindsight is a little silly, especially with Mahomes. Watson is a different story.

All that said, I'm willing to be patient before entering into flip out mode. But that's just how I roll...
Nvan cool as a cucumber as always. I'm with you

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya, whatever. To soon to bury him but he does need to start showing up or it won't matter what his potential is.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Boomer Esiason also. I will trust the words of these two QB's versus a bunch of goofs on a DB. I've been in Mitch's corner and I'm quite certain he will prove all of you guys who doubt him wrong before the end of this season.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

There also would have been less fan pressure on him without getting Mack. Getting Mack just amped up everything and put us in must-win mode.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what a fucking weird article

so his big problem is the narrative around trubs? who fucking cares about the narrative. we watch games here. they are decided on the field, not at the press box.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For every Phil Simms there’s a Steve Young saying Mitch is playing like a high school QB or a Tramon Williams who doesn’t even respect him as a passer.

The Bears weren’t 12-4 because of Mitch and he certainly wasn’t their best player in the playoff game where they had 6 points going into the 4th QTR.

Time to stop coddling a grown man who plays pro football.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
what a fucking weird article

so his big problem is the narrative around trubs? who fucking cares about the narrative. we watch games here. they are decided on the field, not at the press box.
I like how he said that the narrative continues after the Eagles game, that Mitch is a loser and can’t win a big game. He’s taking today’s narrative and applying it to last season. So cool.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I like how he said that the narrative continues after the Eagles game, that Mitch is a loser and can’t win a big game. He’s taking today’s narrative and applying it to last season. So cool.
No he isn’t