Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Alex Smith should be the absolute floor for Trubisky, can't be ecstatic if that's where he ends up. He has to be considerably better than Alex Smith.

Not sure why Alex Smith keeps coming up anyway.

Same system and both of them can hurt you with their legs.

Trubisky has more arm talent and is far more aggressive than Smith, but we need him to develop that level of consistent accuracy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Respectfully, disagree. There's a long history of mediocre franchise guys that played for around a decade that weren't worth a number 1 pick.

Jay Cutler for example.
I understand what you are trying to say, but I disagree with your point.

Jay Cutler was in no way a franchise QB. Every team does not have a franchise QB. Franchise QBs are QBs that play close to or up to a Hall of Fame level such a Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly. They are very good QBs who never get mentioned in the best of all time conversation.

QBs that have a decade career does not immediately make them franchise QBs.

So, yes, if Trubisky becomes a franchise QB, he would have easily been worth the #1 pick.

In professional sports, a franchise player is an athlete who is both the best player on their team and one that the team can build their "franchise" around for the foreseeable future. The term may be used alongside a particular position name to describe a player, such as a "franchise quarterback" in American football.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky’s never going to be that straight-A student who hardly ever studies and just naturally gets great grades and understands school.

He’s going to have to be the kid who recognizes he’s not as naturally book-smart as a lot of the other kids, and is instead going to have to study his ass off and outwork everyone else in order to get his A’s.

I think he has got to much physical talent for that.

I think he is a guy who needs to develop as a QB to harness that incredible athletic ability. That is going to take time.

He is more the brilliant kid who has a hard time harnessing his gifts to be a consistent A student.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will tell you who I have more faith in than Mitch, Matt Nagy.

This offense is legit, this scheme and play calling is legit, and the Bears have a schematic advantage on offense every game they play.

The fact that you can hang 28 points in a half against Miami, should have been 35 for the game, and then turn around and have your QB play an erratic game and still hang 21 points on the Patriots tells me that this system is legit.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This offense is legit, this scheme and play calling is legit, and the Bears have a schematic advantage on offense every game they play.

The fact that you can hang 28 points in a half against Miami, should have been 35 for the game, and then turn around and have your QB play an erratic game and still hang 21 points on the Patriots tells me that this system is legit.

I've been saying this since week 2

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been saying this since week 2

Nagy shredded Belichick on Sunday, shredded his defense.

We were a little more consistent QB play away from putting up 45 points on them.

The system works. The coach works, it is simply a matter of when the QB really hits his stride.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A big ole 6 for me. 2 seasons from now he will be elite. Most well rounded QB in Bears history. Young and still learning and improving. Mitch has a advantage no other Bear QB ever had, Matt Nagy. I fully expect a top 10 offense for the next 12+ years. Best draft pick in my lifetime. Over the top? don't care, I felt this way before the draft and I still do.
Lol

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
A big ole 6 for me. 2 seasons from now he will be elite. Most well rounded QB in Bears history. Young and still learning and improving. Mitch has a advantage no other Bear QB ever had, Matt Nagy. I fully expect a top 10 offense for the next 12+ years. Best draft pick in my lifetime. Over the top? don't care, I felt this way before the draft and I still do.

I like your enthusiasm but it is WAY to early to call him a franchise QB.

He will eventually show consistency in one way or another, driving his score up or down. If his accuracy improves and he consistently notices linemen or linebacker sneaking back into coverage, he will easily be in the top half of QBs with a chance of being in the top 10.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I agree, that is a real leap of faith.

I do expect that we are going to have a top 10 offense for a long time. We might have it this year with Mitch literally changing game to game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like your enthusiasm but it is WAY to early to call him a franchise QB.

He will eventually show consistency in one way or another, driving his score up or down. If his accuracy improves and he consistently notices linemen or linebacker sneaking back into coverage, he will easily be in the top half of QBs with a chance of being in the top 10.

Consistency is key. He cannot be a franchise QB until we know roughly what we will get from him week to week. Right now we have no idea what we will get.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really feel 2, but I generously voted 3 based on his improvement in escaping pressure and making plays with his legs. Still big time concerned about the accuracy.

I'd like to see him miss less and get to option 4 or 5 by the end of the season.

I think you only voted for 3 so that you don't literally get run off the board and exiled forever by people who voted 5-6. Real Bears Fans.

Last edited:

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I voted 5 because he's progressing very well even though he does need some work. We're 6 games into a new offense and the kid is on pace to break a handful of single season Bears records. He is the most athletically gifted QB we've seen on this team ever. He is much faster than I realized and his running ability makes him very dangerous. He still needs to learn when to throw a dart to a receiver streaking down the field and when to get some air under it. He also needs to recognize when you have 3rd and 3, chucking it 40 yards down the field to a 5'6" running back isn't the best option.

I personally wanted Watson coming out of the draft as he was the most NFL ready. I was furious when the Bears drafted Trubisky not because of the player they took, but I thought they gave up way too much for him and that he'd have been there if they just stayed put. The one thing I noticed as I watched the games he played last year is that he continually progressed each game. Even if he was just picking up a few things a game, he was progressing. Another thing I like is that he generally doesn't make the same mistake twice, and you can see he saw his previous mistakes on film and looked to correct them. When I look back at what the Bears had as receivers last year it's amazing he was able to do anything. 5 are no longer in the NFL and his TE had a career ending injury.

I am very optimistic that he'll continue to progress week by week. I understand the frustration from a lot of fans because we've been so bad for so long and we're tired of seeing other team's QB's light up the scoreboard. However, we can't just expect Trubisky to be amazing from day 1. He's gotta gain experience and familiarity with his receivers just like anyone else whether he's a #2 overall or a 7th rounder.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:

Should have been 42 for the game against Miami. Howard's fumble at the 1 and Burton's penalty cost them 14. If Burton doesn't throw a shoulder, Trusbisky has 4 TD passes and 0 INT's.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I voted 5 because he's progressing very well even though he does need some work. We're 6 games into a new offense and the kid is on pace to break a handful of single season Bears records. He is the most athletically gifted QB we've seen on this team ever. He is much faster than I realized and his running ability makes him very dangerous. He still needs to learn when to throw a dart to a receiver streaking down the field and when to get some air under it. He also needs to recognize when you have 3rd and 3, chucking it 40 yards down the field to a 5'6" running back isn't the best option.

I personally wanted Watson coming out of the draft as he was the most NFL ready. I was furious when the Bears drafted Trubisky not because of the player they took, but I thought they gave up way too much for him and that he'd have been there if they just stayed put. The one thing I noticed as I watched the games he played last year is that he continually progressed each game. Even if he was just picking up a few things a game, he was progressing. Another thing I like is that he generally doesn't make the same mistake twice, and you can see he saw his previous mistakes on film and looked to correct them. When I look back at what the Bears had as receivers last year it's amazing he was able to do anything. 5 are no longer in the NFL and his TE had a career ending injury.

I am very optimistic that he'll continue to progress week by week. I understand the frustration from a lot of fans because we've been so bad for so long and we're tired of seeing other team's QB's light up the scoreboard. However, we can't just expect Trubisky to be amazing from day 1. He's gotta gain experience and familiarity with his receivers just like anyone else whether he's a #2 overall or a 7th rounder.

Dangerously close to proving you wrong with redzone turnovers....

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you only voted for 3 so that you don't literally get run off the board and exiled forever by people who voted 5-6. Real Bears Fans.

I voted 5 and would never want bearmick ran off the board. His opinion to me is valued, as is yours and several others.

Except for a few way negative or positive, there seems to actually be a pretty common viewpoint.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
hqdefault.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dangerously close to proving you wrong with redzone turnovers....

That is if you are expecting game to game improvements in every area.

Some improvements are going to take multiple games before we see them corrected.

It took him 3 weeks to dial back the spasticness in the pocket.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I voted 5 and would never want bearmick ran off the board. His opinion to me is valued, as is yours and several others.

Except for a few way negative or positive, there seems to actually be a pretty common viewpoint.

It was more directed at emotional and bitter posters like @msadows @dabears70 and @bear pride

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
That is if you are expecting game to game improvements in every area.

Some improvements are going to take multiple games before we see them corrected.

It took him 3 weeks to dial back the spasticness in the pocket.

Yeah, I don't really get into nitpicking every mistake the quarterback makes, the quoted poster had said Mitchell isn't making the same mistakes twice.

Redzone decision making is obviously an issue.

I voted option 4. Options 3 and 4 are the only reasonable options.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was more directed at emotional and bitter posters like @msadows @dabears70 and @bear pride

Yep. As much of a homer as noonthirtyjoe is, I'll take him every day over the posters you mentioned because he isn't vindictive about it. I can tease him about being a homer and it's all in good fun. What's sad is those who actually get emotionally hostile when someone doesn't a player they like is as good as they do.