Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't really get into nitpicking every mistake the quarterback makes, the quoted poster had said Mitchell isn't making the same mistakes twice.

Redzone decision making is obviously an issue.

I voted option 4. Options 3 and 4 are the only reasonable options.

Redzone decision making is one of the bigger improvements that he needs to make.

4 and 5 are the ones that are reasonable in my world. His highs have been much higher than okay and the ceiling is too high for me to say he is "okay".

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't really get into nitpicking every mistake the quarterback makes, the quoted poster had said Mitchell isn't making the same mistakes twice.

Redzone decision making is obviously an issue.

That's the reason I said generally not.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Okay, but I have plenty of doubts
Promising, but still needs plenty of work

I was on the fence between those two. I ended up picking plenty of doubts. He still makes two or three dumb throws a game on top of missing open guys too often. The decision making, I hope, will come. But the accuracy issues are more concerning to me.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
When I was old enough to pay attention to football games, the bears starting QBs were Jim Harbaugh and Mike Tomczak. It's a team game and 1 player can't change everything... a good QB still needs a good O-line and serviceable receivers. I have not been as excited about a bears QB in the past 30 years as I am about trubisky. Again, no singular player makes or breaks an entire team (if they are solid and well coached -- aka NOT the 2006 bears who lost because mike brown was out).. Nagy already looks like a good leader of men.. Trubisky looks like a leader in the huddle... Mack brings swag to the defense. The bears have some pieces on the board and it's simply a great time to be a bears fan. also, yall can fuck off with the whole watson thing... Trubisky is a stud.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
A big ole 6 for me. 2 seasons from now he will be elite. Most well rounded QB in Bears history. Young and still learning and improving. Mitch has a advantage no other Bear QB ever had, Matt Nagy. I fully expect a top 10 offense for the next 12+ years. Best draft pick in my lifetime. Over the top? don't care, I felt this way before the draft and I still do.

Remember when you said this about Matt Barkley? I remember.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Remember when you said this about Matt Barkley? I remember.

Dont be a hater bro, if you predict them all to be good you get to #calledit eventually

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Alex smith was the best QB in the league at one point under the system...."the floor" isnt so bad then.

if bears fans are at a point now to where they expect tecmo bowl/madden numbers on a weekly basis then theres no hope lol.

for once, the offense (#6 in scoring) at this point is producing enough points to win....which has been the complaint by so many for years. One stick out "just protect the ball, our defense can do the rest"

You will realize around here at some point that entirely too many people don't know dick about quarterbacks. Too many seem to only remember a quarterback's start to their careers. If people looked up what Alex Smith IS now versus what they keep insinuating about which was his past with the 49ers then it becomes abundantly clear you can do several magnitudes worse than an Alex Smith. Never mind calling that a player's floor or ceiling to begin with.

I don't even want to compare him to anyone else to begin with. I want Mitch to be whatever the hell he turns out to be without some stupid comparison attached to him. But that will never happen. People always want to make comparisons.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So are we still keeping up with this farce aboot quarterback consistency being the tell all about whether or not a quarterback is a franchise player? Because if that were true then plenty of so called current franchise quarterbacks wouldn't be considered franchise quarterbacks. Just saying.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We just don't know yet. I'm optimistic but have always said we won't have great idea of what we have in Mitch until 2019. If that's too long for some of you, tough shit. For perspective, Thayer has said the exact same thing and expects Mitch to excel. I like to think so as well but understand it's just hard to know at this stage in his development with the new O, players and coaches.

The good is that we all can't wait for the next game this year. :beer:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So are we still keeping up with this farce aboot quarterback consistency being the tell all about whether or not a quarterback is a franchise player? Because if that were true then plenty of so called current franchise quarterbacks wouldn't be considered franchise quarterbacks. Just saying.

I certainly am. I could care less about the "franchise" label. It means different things to different people. But consistency at the QB position is a non-negotiable if you want to have a consistently winning team...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then in reality you're not asking for a franchise quarterback. You're asking for a top 3 elite quarterback. Those are the only ones that have had any true measure of consistency season to season. Sounds like you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Alex Smith should be the absolute floor for Trubisky, can't be ecstatic if that's where he ends up. He has to be considerably better than Alex Smith.

Not sure why Alex Smith keeps coming up anyway.

If Trubisky threw for 26 and 5, 4,000+ yards, led the league in QBR and led the Bears to 4 straight playoff appearances, you’re damn right I’d be ecstatic. So would you.

That’s not Trubisky’s floor.

Trubisky has a lower floor, but we obviously all *hope* for a higher ceiling.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Then in reality you're not asking for a franchise quarterback. You're asking for a top 3 elite quarterback. Those are the only ones that have had any true measure of consistency season to season. Sounds like you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

No, those are QBs that operate at an elite level consistently. We don't need Trubs to be that.

We do need him to be consistently dependable in what we can expect from him. If he adds some flash of brilliance to that, it's a bonus. Just cant have the highest highs mixed with the lows we are now seeing.

Yes, most other QBs in the league have those. And those same QBs are usually watching the SB from their own couch...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine pining for consistency out of a 2nd year quarterback that is 6 games into his new offense with his new receivers and 18 games into his NFL career. I'm almost hoping the offense had a slower start given how ridiculous people's expectations have already reached.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Imagine pining for consistency out of a 2nd year quarterback that is 6 games into his new offense with his new receivers and 18 games into his NFL career. I'm almost hoping the offense had a slower start given how ridiculous people's expectations have already reached.

Imagine reading into poster's comments things that aren't there....

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
If Trubisky threw for 26 and 5, 4,000+ yards, led the league in QBR and led the Bears to 4 straight playoff appearances, you’re damn right I’d be ecstatic. So would you.

That’s not Trubisky’s floor.

Trubisky has a lower floor, but we obviously all *hope* for a higher ceiling.

Alex Smith is a good quarterback, he's been in the league for a long time.

You're ignoring every struggle he's ever had and throwing his best career year stats at me like that's exactly who he is. The Bears haven't had a good quarterback since I've been alive and Trubisky was the second overall pick. You should require better out of that pick.

More to my point, if Trubisky only carries the Bears to four straight playoff appearances then he's a failure. Anything but a championship is a failure, period.

Are you going to remember those couple years when Trubisky led us to the playoffs? I hope not.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Imagine pining for consistency out of a 2nd year quarterback that is 6 games into his new offense with his new receivers and 18 games into his NFL career.

I literally thought this exact thing after reading his post. Let's get a head coach and offense here for more than 1 year and then see where we're at.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
You will realize around here at some point that entirely too many people don't know dick about quarterbacks. Too many seem to only remember a quarterback's start to their careers. If people looked up what Alex Smith IS now versus what they keep insinuating about which was his past with the 49ers then it becomes abundantly clear you can do several magnitudes worse than an Alex Smith. Never mind calling that a player's floor or ceiling to begin with.

I don't even want to compare him to anyone else to begin with. I want Mitch to be whatever the hell he turns out to be without some stupid comparison attached to him. But that will never happen. People always want to make comparisons.

Are you getting pissy because I said Trubisky should be better than Alex Smith? The same Alex Smith that's been discarded twice now?

You don't know what I'm remembering about Alex Smith's career, lmao. When Trubisky was drafted were you like, "Oh boy, hopefully this kid ends up like how Alex Smith was in his 12th year!"

Sorry for setting high expectations for the quarterback.