Possible change at the top?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
As expected. The bulls are absolutely bungling the most important decision in recent history by letting 2 complete failures hire their new boss during a pandemic creating complete future uncertainty as to what the league is going to come away looking like. Say goodbye to Lauri. What a shitshow. Canidates turning down a video interview. Fucking lame. How hard is it to even just Skype some interest.

Did someone actually say that Paxson is doing this?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
according to the story in the Sun Times? Paxson isn't a part of the hiring process. Michael is doing the interviews with Jerry sitting imperiously behind him.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
As expected. The bulls are absolutely bungling the most important decision in recent history by letting 2 complete failures hire their new boss during a pandemic creating complete future uncertainty as to what the league is going to come away looking like. Say goodbye to Lauri. What a shitshow. Canidates turning down a video interview. Fucking lame. How hard is it to even just Skype some interest.

Reminds me of when McCaskeys just hired an Executive Recruiting firm to source a GM for them, IIRC that's how we wound up with Jerry "smartest guy in the room" Angelo.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I heard that Dennis would bring in his buddies to help recruit international players. Don't get too excited, he has only scouted one country recently and they just learned how to stretch enough rat skin to make their first basketball. To which that visionary was then publicly executed for purportedly sculpting the head of the Supreme Leader.
kim jong un?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of when McCaskeys just hired an Executive Recruiting firm to source a GM for them, IIRC that's how we wound up with Jerry "smartest guy in the room" Angelo.
I actually hope the bulls hire a outside firm instead of michael making the hire. If you dont know basketball then have basketball people make the pick.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I guess it was kinda of already answered but the trib reported that Gar and Pax are expected to be staying on in some capacity.

"That would remove three of the first four rumored targets from consideration in a search Bulls fans have already met with some trepidation. Vice President of basketball operations John Paxson is likely to remain with the team in some sort of advisory role, even if he reportedly has been among those pushing for an overhaul, and most expect general manager Gar Forman to do the same. "

Whether they are directly involved in the interview or not doesn't matter, it's a noose around any hiring to have to explain to a potential candidate that he's in charge of everything but the two guys that were in charge are still going to be around helping out.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
according to the story in the Sun Times? Paxson isn't a part of the hiring process. Michael is doing the interviews with Jerry sitting imperiously behind him.
Sure, but I'm not sure what's worse at this point, GarPax making the hire, or the guys who hired GarPax making the hire. There is another organization in that building having similar problems.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't worry about someone in an advisory capacity because you can always

Take it under advisement

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't worry about someone in an advisory capacity because you can always

Take it under advisement
Stan and Scotty Bowman leaning back in their chair made of money laughing at this.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Lavar Ball is the new front-runner after wowing Jerry and Michael with his plan to bring the greatest players ever to live together.

82 and 0 baby

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Lavar Ball is the new front-runner after wowing Jerry and Michael with his plan to bring the greatest players ever to live together.

82 and 0 baby
giphy.gif