Post a Random White Sox player and tell a story

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lyle Mouton

Was in town visiting family friends for Memorial Day weekend. Took a trip to the park. Very nice game for Lyle. Had a nice double. I sat down the RF line and was pretty pumped he played well. The giveaway that day: A 33" long wooden bat. I still have it.

pixel.gif
27b19663616241948cc8e5516553ad79_front.jpg

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Two games stand out.

I was 7 years old during the 1983 season, and my dad took my brother and I to two games. One game Fisk, Paciorek, and Luzinski went back to back to back in the first inning, all right down the left field line. Britt Burns wound up throwing a one hitter. The Sox were blowing out the Angels, so my dad decided to leave in the 6th inning. When we got to the cheap little lot where my dad parked, we'd been parked in. We listened to the last couple innings on the radio.

The other was against the Royals in 1993. George Brett was, and still is, my favorite player of all time. 93 was his last season. We usually sat far up in the upper deck, but my dad had gotten tickets in the first row behind the Royals dugout from a buddy. I was stoked to see Brett. Turned out he was getting a Sunday off, and I didn't see him all day.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hit a foul ball off Carmen Pignatelli in high school. Then I watched two pitches go for strikes. One was a knee buckler.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I have no memory of Britt Burns. I thought it was Richard Dotson, but I looked it up and it was Burns.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I have no memory of Britt Burns. I thought it was Richard Dotson, but I looked it up and it was Burns.

I remember Burns being unusually big and strong for his era. He was always supposed to be better than he was, even though he was pretty good. He had some terrible luck. I watched him the most in 1983, because that was the big year for the White Sox. He had 4 shutouts and still went only 10-11. Then in the playoffs against Baltimore he gave up 0 runs in 9 innings, but was still pitching in the 10th inning because the White Sox had yet to score. He was pulled from the game, the bullpen collapsed, and he got the loss.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Joe Crede... I went to game one of the 2005 World Series and he made some fantastic plays at third that evening. That was the most enjoyable baseball game I ever attended.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Robin Ventura- charged the mound and got destroyed by old man strength.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A. J. Pierzynski that dropped 3rd strike in the ALCS...

One of the strangest things I'd seen in baseball playoffs.

I was high on pain killers for the entire 2005 run, so for a little while I was convinced AJ just made up a new rule and stole 1st base.