Post here when you're sick of hearing ...

twetz

Liked Posts:
I'm sick of hearing about the 'defense is going to be worse'. I appreciated Fangio and wish him success, but the possibility of the defense being better just keeps getting overlooked. Bum Phillips said years ago that there are only two ways to get better - get better players or get the players you've got to play better. There is room for the players they've got, to be better.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Bears would have been better off hiring Bum's kid than Pagano.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears could very well be worse off......They were so good last year it is hard to envision them getting better, but you never know. People just playing the odds.....

The real story should be the offense.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense has the talent of a top unit. They might not get as strong of results as last year because of harder schedule, ball bounces, injury, NB play, etc.

From a higher level, it's simply difficult to perform at an extreme level for an extended period of time. In no way does that mean the Bears defense necessarily won't take a step forward, just that it's much more likely that they come back to the pack because that's just how being an outlier performer works.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Bum Phillips was a prancing nancy boy

• Dislike
Reactions: DC

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears could very well be worse off......They were so good last year it is hard to envision them getting better, but you never know. People just playing the odds.....

The real story should be the offense.

We also got pretty damn lucky with health last year which isn't something we're used to since up until last year we had multiple years that we had a ridiculous amount of guys getting injured and not just injuries that they miss a game or two but significant injuries that we would lose multiple player for the rest of the year. There's no doubt the talent is all over on this defense and i don't have much doubt with Pagano being able to come in and keep their play up to the same level that Fangio did.

This defense will be more aggressive with going after the QB, which i'm sure we'll all love as long as it doesn't hurt us in the coverage part especially with covering TE's and RB's which is what guys like Floyd and Mack would cover most of the time when they did drop back in coverage.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
We also got pretty damn lucky with health last year which isn't something we're used to since up until last year we had multiple years that we had a ridiculous amount of guys getting injured and not just injuries that they miss a game or two but significant injuries that we would lose multiple player for the rest of the year. There's no doubt the talent is all over on this defense and i don't have much doubt with Pagano being able to come in and keep their play up to the same level that Fangio did.

This defense will be more aggressive with going after the QB, which i'm sure we'll all love as long as it doesn't hurt us in the coverage part especially with covering TE's and RB's which is what guys like Floyd and Mack would cover most of the time when they did drop back in coverage.

Oh look the village idiot is back. I was hoping another hurricane got you.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The reference, for some reason, goes back to Gase leaving and numbnuts Loggains getting promoted and telling him not to change anything, just run the playbook.

I think it is a huge difference between numbnuts Loggains doing what he is told and Chuck Pagano, the old Colt head coach guru.

That is why we have to see what happens. The first time I see both Mack and Floyd drop into coverage to blitz a 190 pound nickel back, I will question what Pagano is doing.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I didn’t know you were employed by the Bears organization (or anyone for that matter). What, may I ask, is your role?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the defense will be great again but will they be able to carry the mediocre quarterback again or will having a huge weakness at the most important position be too much to overcome?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think the defense will be great again but will they be able to carry the mediocre quarterback again or will having a huge weakness at the most important position be too much to overcome?
I think that Mitchell will continue to minimize mistakes and manage games pretty well but I do think that the Defense will need to score more as the schedule appears to be more difficult.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although we were healthier than recent years we still lost key pieces for multiple games.

Starting Qb missed 2 games, Robinson missed games, Miller missed games and dealt with the shoulder all year, Mack may as well have missed 4 games...Floyd had a cast on his hand half the year.

Jackson missed the rest of the season along with Callahan. Long missed games.

Missing anyone? Burton and Shaheen I suppose..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the D will be plenty strong enough to carry them into the playoffs again. But at some point you need more production from that QB position that Trubisky just doesn't seem to have the intestinal fortitude to provide.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So better than #1? Only on CCS.

Here's a fact. The team that leads the league in turnovers on any given year, averages 11 less in the following year.

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

What do you predict Mitch's tds, ints, and yards will be this year?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Fangio went far too conservative at times, playing bend but don't break (and still breaking) in several games...games we lost.

There is definitely room for improvement...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Bears football in general. I find we spend way too much time talking about the Bears and no where near enough time talking about the Eagles...

I've included a gif to capture your reaction to my post:

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn’t know you were employed by the Bears organization (or anyone for that matter). What, may I ask, is your role?

Well i'm Ryan Pace of course ya dummy. Just look under my avatar and you would of known that but i guess paying attention wasn't a specialty of yours growing up. Don't give up though cause if you try really hard.......well no i think you're a lost cause by now so just stay dumb.