Pre-season IGT: State of the Franchise

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I did not see the Berlin game, was Dach in uniform?

So far the extras are Quenville, Perlini, Dach and I hate to say Kubalik.

If Dach has not skated with the team yet, I cant see him starting the year on the roster. You figure they need to keep Kukoo and DeHaan close since there is an injury to deal with, unless they can put DeHaan right on an injury list, so that only lets them carry one extra forward.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Show me where they have above-league average assets in any of the following areas:

* Top-6 IMO is somewhere near average but closer to below-league average
* Bottom-6 IMO is average
* Depth for both is Average
* Defense: well below league average (still)
* Prospects: other than our two most recent 1st-rounders, it's all MEH
* Overall trade assets: below league-average, we don't have any contracts that other teams are pining for, Saad at $6mm is the most tradeable asset and his inconsistent efforts limit his trade value

When you compare the current state of affairs with where we were for the Cup years, it's pretty eye-popping because the team was ABOVE average in all areas in those seasons.

My answer to the top 6 is Kubalik
My answer to the bottom 6 is Dach, next year. Thats why I've said 2020 is really the year we can peak some forces together provided we can retain Cat, Strome, Kubalik.

Maybe on the defense. I didn't feel that way but if you call me out, yeah, I could see why that might be the case or you feel that way. They made some significant changes defensively as a team and I'd like to see how that functions, how they work in Boqvist and Dach, and what the goalie situation is after some important signings.

Does Crow or Lehnar stay?

Kurashev could be alot like Kubalik with a 200 foot game. You might even end up Kurashev leading a speedy third line, and having a young Dach flip the ice 200 feet...because of Smith face-offs...

Jewels-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Shaw-Dach-Smith

I'm so high I came up with a beautiful first 9 line-up instead.

But Kurashev will upgrade the offense with similar good speed, and will get that look this year. He has been brilliant for country lately.

1. Kurashev
2. Saarela
3. Nylander
4. Holm
5. Boqvist
6. And then some brawn if necessary in Gilbert/Entwhistle
7. Hagel (ahl star type)
8. Wedin

Beudin is a good pick developing, and so are Barrett/Mitchell. For early start on next years reserves.

I don't see many flaws on this Hawks team. I think Kane is generational and the boost takes what might be an average but building team behind him, and makes it dangerous in the same way that a Kucherov or Gretsky would. WE have fucking Patrick Kane, we always have hope.

If Seabs or Keith can't get it done they are finally ready to move on.
This year may yet be awkward, but the pendulum is swinging up and swinging high. Maybe they get crazy and keep Dach, I don't know. I say go for it and get Kurashev up as soon as possilb. e

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that goaltender Collin Delia has been assigned to the Rockford IceHogs (AHL), finalizing their opening-night roster for the 2019-20 season. The roster includes 21 players: 13 forwards, six defensemen and two goaltenders

Forwards: Drake Caggiula, Ryan Carpenter, Alex DeBrincat, David Kampf, Patrick Kane, Dominik Kubalik, Alex Nylander, Brendan Perlini, Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw, Zack Smith, Dylan Strome and Jonathan Toews.
Defensemen: Calvin de Haan, Erik Gustafsson, Duncan Keith, Slater Koekkoek, Olli Maatta and Brent Seabrook.
Goaltenders: Corey Crawford and Robin Lehner.
Connor Murphy (groin) and John Quenneville (right hip) will begin the season on injured reserve and Kirby Dach (concussion) will begin the season with an injured/non-roster designation. In addition, Carl Dahlstrom has been claimed off waivers by the Winnipeg Jets.
The Blackhawks begin the 2019-20 regular-season schedule on Friday, October 4 at O2 Arena in Prague, Czech Republic against the Philadelphia Flyers at 1 p.m. CT as a part of the NHL's Global Series. That game can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago, streamed on NBCSportsChicago.com and on the My Teams by NBC Sports app and heard on WGN Radio.