Pre-season IGT: State of the Franchise

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Interesting final lines. I'd love a solution where Toews can roll without Kane, but I don't know what we do with Perlini in that case. Maybe its best for everyone if Perlini got cut?

Anyway, this is really our last pre-season game tonight, televised, and then most of the final cuts + rockford are set to play the Bruins in THEIR last exhibition on Saturday. Little betting opportunity there if you understand it, as well as tonight for the Hawks side being a largley in-tact blackhawks roster vs an exhibition capitals...wait for their line-up to come out though.

The final active roster will be traveling Saturday, and I am unsure if any special roster rules exist for the Blackhawks delegation and exhibition game.

I can't wait to hear their decisions on Perlini, Nylander, Dach, Bovquist, KK, Dahlstrom, Wedin, Kubalik...

I dont think there is any question of Kubalik and pride will get Nylander starting the year with the team. Sounds like Kukoo will get the 7th defender spot,

I really do not know why you pair kukoo and Bovquist together tonight, wont really show them how they work with someone else that will start the season here and you know how much I hate pairing two lefties together, especially on the top pair and let Gus play off hand side.

I can see Kubalik eventually getting the toews line with either Jewels or Shaw.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think there is any question of Kubalik and pride will get Nylander starting the year with the team. Sounds like Kukoo will get the 7th defender spot,

I really do not know why you pair kukoo and Bovquist together tonight, wont really show them how they work with someone else that will start the season here and you know how much I hate pairing two lefties together, especially on the top pair and let Gus play off hand side.

I can see Kubalik eventually getting the toews line with either Jewels or Shaw.

Jewels-Taser-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Saad-Dach-Shaw
Kampf-Carp-Smith

would probably kill it.

Dach-Taser-Kaner
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Saad-Kampf-Shaw
Jewels-Carp-Smith

is another that would look good.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nah, it looks like Capitals are debuting Hotlby so probably decent integrity in front of him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barf...

Crow off his game. Nobody on Hawks interested in clearing a crease, just fighting each other for points.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pathetic game tonight. Boquist and Saarela (sp?) sent down as well.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gotta confess that masked singer has me hooked, but every time I switched to the game, Bovquist was on the ice and the capitals scored a goal.

Sorry I switched back so often.

I guess they are being allowed 25 skaters to choose from at the prague game, but so much for the final cuts playing in Germany first after this terrible performance.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta confess that masked singer has me hooked, but every time I switched to the game, Bovquist was on the ice and the capitals scored a goal.

Sorry I switched back so often.

I guess they are being allowed 25 skaters to choose from at the prague game, but so much for the final cuts playing in Germany first after this terrible performance.

Too many guys on the ice didn't know their responsibilities against a fresh old veteran team.

Yeah, they are at 25 and 3 goalies now.They don't expect Dach to play on the trip...

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bovquist, Nylander, and Gus do not inspire confidence.

This is likely going to be a long, painful season. In terms of talent, depth, and prospects this is a bottom-third NHL roster.

No NHL teams currently fear the Hawks.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bovquist, Nylander, and Gus do not inspire confidence.

This is likely going to be a long, painful season. In terms of talent, depth, and prospects this is a bottom-third NHL roster.

No NHL teams currently fear the Hawks.

Nylander has some potential I just fear the Hawks think he will find it while jamming up the first line...how long will we stand that? Can't he fix his pace of play in Rockford while letting the system get comfortable and working on his fitness?

Strome is still getting better. The PP will be great, top 10 once they start clicking.

Gus is now a placeholder for Boqvist. And Bovqist inspires more confidence offensively than you could dream up...I guarantee you Byram will not be the offensive savant that Bovqist is. The guy is a freak show on the puck but looks like Justin Bieber trying to play defense against Pronger in his own end, and worse yet, he abandons his own end always.

Fuck...should we switch him to a third line winger?

The Hawks are top 3rd in talent. Top 3rd in depth. And top 3rd in prospects. I believe they in fact ranked 10th in prospects and that is even without the scouts fully figuring out our european hall yet. They are top 5 in prospects if you count Kubalik, Wedin, Holm, Dach, Bovqist, Beudin, Mitchell, Barrett, Kurashev, Saarela, Hagel, Gilbert, Dahlstrom, Entwhystle.

Nobody has that many guys who will start and play at NHL level in next 13 months. I bet we see all of them or get good returns.

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Nylander has some potential I just fear the Hawks think he will find it while jamming up the first line...how long will we stand that? Can't he fix his pace of play in Rockford while letting the system get comfortable and working on his fitness?

Strome is still getting better. The PP will be great, top 10 once they start clicking.

Gus is now a placeholder for Boqvist. And Bovqist inspires more confidence offensively than you could dream up...I guarantee you Byram will not be the offensive savant that Bovqist is. The guy is a freak show on the puck but looks like Justin Bieber trying to play defense against Pronger in his own end, and worse yet, he abandons his own end always.

Fuck...should we switch him to a third line winger?

The Hawks are top 3rd in talent. Top 3rd in depth. And top 3rd in prospects. I believe they in fact ranked 10th in prospects and that is even without the scouts fully figuring out our european hall yet. They are top 5 in prospects if you count Kubalik, Wedin, Holm, Dach, Bovqist, Beudin, Mitchell, Barrett, Kurashev, Saarela, Hagel, Gilbert, Dahlstrom, Entwhystle.

Nobody has that many guys who will start and play at NHL level in next 13 months. I bet we see all of them or get good returns.

Meh, quantity yes, quality no.

Agreed to disagree on their overall level of talent and depth.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, quantity yes, quality no.

Agreed to disagree on their overall level of talent and depth.
even Highmore is looking better. I think its alot like baseball...some work out better than expected, some less...quantity is a good thing.

Kubalik is a gem. Bovqist is a norse god of offense. Dach is the greatest compliment to this core we could pray for. Strome-Cat is a 6 year done deal.

Good, maybe great things are coming, and if Nylander isn't the 1LW we have been waiting for, the ammo will procure a nice rental a couple years in a row.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Soooo... you cost them that game due to your lack of support and commitment?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening to podcasts it sounds like we still haven't breached the point of the veterans accepting Collitons way of doing things.

My concern is that he is part of the numbers movement and Q was a player. Some ice behaviors might be numerically advantageious to do over a period of time, etc, or on a box sheet...but they come at a player attrition cost. If the things he asks them to do are difficult over time on the body and things turn south mid season, its a story line to monitor.

Q is going to kill it in Florida too with his new net-minder. It will come up when we face them if they are doing better than us.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Dach is going to make it. His body doesn't look ready and big guys need a couple extra years to grow into their frames. You can see he looks like a "big kid" and his body is not solid yet. It lacks man mass, though it is obvious he will be a monster in 2-3 years.

I love his game for us but am feeling fine with him going back to Juniors and working on the gaps in his game he learned, and training his body up. His progression should only increase and its likely he sets some records back there, its a bit of a waste but we pick it up later. Defer the reinforcement and see what you have in Kurashev/Highmore/Wedin this year is my advice, see how far Kampf can develop.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Dach is going to make it. His body doesn't look ready and big guys need a couple extra years to grow into their frames. You can see he looks like a "big kid" and his body is not solid yet. It lacks man mass, though it is obvious he will be a monster in 2-3 years.

I love his game for us but am feeling fine with him going back to Juniors and working on the gaps in his game he learned, and training his body up. His progression should only increase and its likely he sets some records back there, its a bit of a waste but we pick it up later. Defer the reinforcement and see what you have in Kurashev/Highmore/Wedin this year is my advice, see how far Kampf can develop.

I think that cheap shot in the tourney kind of made the decision for them unfortunately. Hope the fucker that did it got cut

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think that cheap shot in the tourney kind of made the decision for them unfortunately. Hope the fucker that did it got cut
I am more concerned about this German team taking cheap shots at any NHL players going to their rink to "scrimmage"

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I was reading an article on the who's who in Hockey that Highmore worked out with over the summer up in canada.

It really blows that the big shots are not buying in, while some really good players have been pushed out by betteran signings.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am more concerned about this German team taking cheap shots at any NHL players going to their rink to "scrimmage"

I don't think Germans are going to be dicks like the Wild.

Classless bullshit move that the tournament directors should have been irate about because now who wants to bring good prospects to their show?

If you want to protect the integrity of your tournament you should have called them out publicly and reached an agreeement with NHL about future fines for something like this.

Commissioner should be talking to whoever the assistant coach was, and the players involved in cheap shots. Thats how serious and angry I am about that shit.

Hawks should never go back.