Pre-season IGT: State of the Franchise

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
18 Ice hogs were loaded on a plane to play the bruins saturday afternoon in Germany.

The Ice Hogs in fact play the Boston Bruins on Saturday in Boston. If you bet and this line isn't extremely adjusted, both the Hawks line and the Flyers line are vulnerable to exploitation. It will probably be available for -165 to -185, when in fact this is a -300 to -400 game...I plan to play the -1.5 and hoping I get better than even odds on that.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/20...v-beaudin-split-squad-game-nhl-preseason-2019

if available take the over 6(-110) and the -1.5 at +140 or better.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Ice Hogs in fact play the Boston Bruins on Saturday in Boston. If you bet and this line isn't extremely adjusted, both the Hawks line and the Flyers line are vulnerable to exploitation. It will probably be available for -165 to -185, when in fact this is a -300 to -400 game...I plan to play the -1.5 and hoping I get better than even odds on that.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/20...v-beaudin-split-squad-game-nhl-preseason-2019

if available take the over 6(-110) and the -1.5 at +140 or better.
damn, I'm literally trying to make you guys money, while Ommy panties rubs every dime of his in our faces.

Who is your friend?

8-2, Bruins defeat the Ice Hawgs. Quantity over quality, indeed.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I watched the Hawks play the Caps and Bruins, and while I never give much credence to anything in the preseason - just holy crap, I saw a small, slow, listless roster just get completely outclassed.

Here’s hoping to another lucky ping pong ball in the draft lottery.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the Hawks play the Caps and Bruins, and while I never give much credence to anything in the preseason - just holy crap, I saw a small, slow, listless roster just get completely outclassed.

Here’s hoping to another lucky ping pong ball in the draft lottery.

They will make the playoffs this year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess number 18 was Saarela, he was sent down, Dahlstrom placed on waivers to try to get him back to Rockford.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess number 18 was Saarela, he was sent down, Dahlstrom placed on waivers to try to get him back to Rockford.

A claim will only save them from themselves.

Right now I am trying to figure out how the third or fourth best puck handler and scorer they have is benched for Gus, Murphy, and Koekkoek. The best thing for Dahlstrom would be to get claimed as well.

They still have to decide between Gilbert and KK and prune down the forwards too.

Convert Bovqist to wing? Cuz if he isn't a defender he belongs in the league, and he can score 20-30 goals right now without any further seasoning.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What I meant about 18 was that they recalled 18 to play the bruins, but then only returned 17 to Rockford. Was trying to figure out the last guy, dont know if there was or Saarela was another cut.

They will need to figure out what to do with Bovquist eventually. Wing does not sound like a bad idea, I guess we need two really strong defenders to pair with Gus and Bovquist and we dont have them yet.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just trade Gus at first offer of value. A second round pick, or a good young wing on his last year....just take something that improves the now or extends the future value and keep the system moving through its value.

If we get bottle necked at the top and try to hold onto this much talent we will eventually start losing some of those claims. I don't think anybody will be claimed this year though. Neither KK or Dahlstrom will attract anything, but I am surprised Holm got through after the poise he showed on defense, and danger his experience showed on offense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok...

well...I don't know whats up but it could be something like this.

They want to roster 3 goalies, or need to with Lehnar's questionable status,

so...Wedin and Gilbert have gone down. And now Smith/Dach are also questionable, I don't know if they try to IR someone or De Haan?...

but they will have to cut a couple more forwards, and probably one guy that went down, so it will be

Shaw-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Jewels-Carp-Smith

in game 1, is my guess, with Crow, Delia (Lehnar emergency)

and

Keith-Gus
Maata-Seabs
Murphy-KK

De Haan

with Dach in some kind of limbo maybe...IDK...I think we find out tomorrow(Tues).

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Ok...

well...I don't know whats up but it could be something like this.

They want to roster 3 goalies, or need to with Lehnar's questionable status,

so...Wedin and Gilbert have gone down. And now Smith/Dach are also questionable, I don't know if they try to IR someone or De Haan?...

but they will have to cut a couple more forwards, and probably one guy that went down, so it will be

Shaw-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Jewels-Carp-Smith

in game 1, is my guess, with Crow, Delia (Lehnar emergency)

and

Keith-Gus
Maata-Seabs
Murphy-KK

De Haan

with Dach in some kind of limbo maybe...IDK...I think we find out tomorrow(Tues).

The defense is still hugely problematic, and any team with Shaw and Perlini in the top-6 is not a serious playoff contender, those are clearly bottom-6 players on a good roster. Sorry.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After this pre-season, I am curious what they can do...

but a surprise of could happen...

Saad-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Dach-Kampf-Perlini
Jewels-Carp-Smith
The defense is still hugely problematic, and any team with Shaw and Perlini in the top-6 is not a serious playoff contender, those are clearly bottom-6 players on a good roster. Sorry.
your hate makes me laugh so hard. I am bemused by what your angle is. Your motive.

I didn't think this kind of negativity was possible among a fanbase that won three titles this decade, but I did run into the same thing among a drug bachelor party at Hooters in Vegas, they were so angry with Bowman and one guy was about to get arrested for it and scaring all the Hooters girls. hahahaha. So...I guess that type of negativity is out there.

I see 12 NHL players and 5 guys that are ready to try, 5 guys that are close, and 5 more that will be close next year. The future is bright, and even if the quality of all turns out not to be great (Q, Nylander, Barrett)....the quality of some is all we need...(Wedin, Bovqist, Dach, Holm, Kubalik, Shalunov, Mitchell, Barrett, Beuidin, Kurashev).

The hockey team is good again in all phases.

Does Colloton know what he is doing at this level? Will the players accept his preferences? I am a little worried about that.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
After this pre-season, I am curious what they can do...

but a surprise of could happen...

Saad-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Dach-Kampf-Perlini
Jewels-Carp-Smith

your hate makes me laugh so hard. I am bemused by what your angle is. Your motive.

I didn't think this kind of negativity was possible among a fanbase that won three titles this decade, but I did run into the same thing among a drug bachelor party at Hooters in Vegas, they were so angry with Bowman and one guy was about to get arrested for it and scaring all the Hooters girls. hahahaha. So...I guess that type of negativity is out there.

I see 12 NHL players and 5 guys that are ready to try, 5 guys that are close, and 5 more that will be close next year. The future is bright, and even if the quality of all turns out not to be great (Q, Nylander, Barrett)....the quality of some is all we need...(Wedin, Bovqist, Dach, Holm, Kubalik, Shalunov, Mitchell, Barrett, Beuidin, Kurashev).

The hockey team is good again in all phases.

Does Colloton know what he is doing at this level? Will the players accept his preferences? I am a little worried about that.

You are misreading the situation. I have been a hard-core Hawks fan for nearly 50 years, practically grew up at the Old Barn and have been traveling to their west coast games for many, many years.

Not sure how you arrived at hate as my sentiment for the team, really weird.

I believe my assessment of the current roster talent level is very much in line with most prognosticators and realistic hockey fans.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He seems like a good guy and all, but I think it's time to pass on Kampf. He's good defensively, but can't score or even win a face-off. I'd rather see Entwistle or some other yewt.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are misreading the situation. I have been a hard-core Hawks fan for nearly 50 years, practically grew up at the Old Barn and have been traveling to their west coast games for many, many years.

Not sure how you arrived at hate as my sentiment for the team, really weird.

I believe my assessment of the current roster talent level is very much in line with most prognosticators and realistic hockey fans.

Re-tooling in a constantly evolving league is challenging. That pace of evolution seems to be in a steep swing, and I am optimistic they have the goods to compete this year. The depth is an improvement and a little different than years passed, I've become intrigued by the next 18 months and see a chance to rise quickly back into the NHL's best in that timeframe.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He seems like a good guy and all, but I think it's time to pass on Kampf. He's good defensively, but can't score or even win a face-off. I'd rather see Entwistle or some other yewt.
They dropped the ball with Ejdesell.
He played a mans game when he was up the end of 2018, not one single call up last year, of course he would have wanted to leave. They had a few special K's up here to replace Krueger, then ended up getting Krueger back. Same role, poor on faceoffs, no offense, great defense and pk. Kampf is just holding a spot for Dach.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They dropped the ball with Ejdesell.
He played a mans game when he was up the end of 2018, not one single call up last year, of course he would have wanted to leave. They had a few special K's up here to replace Krueger, then ended up getting Krueger back. Same role, poor on faceoffs, no offense, great defense and pk. Kampf is just holding a spot for Dach.

And Kurashev. And is friends with Kubalik. Priceless.

Kurashev is gonna play with some guys like Entwhistle and build a 4th line of the future in rockford.

But yeah...you could lose Kampf and Perlini right now and probably only be set back a few weeks, or move Shaw/Smith around and adapt a young guy elsewhere.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Re-tooling in a constantly evolving league is challenging. That pace of evolution seems to be in a steep swing, and I am optimistic they have the goods to compete this year. The depth is an improvement and a little different than years passed, I've become intrigued by the next 18 months and see a chance to rise quickly back into the NHL's best in that timeframe.

Show me where they have above-league average assets in any of the following areas:

* Top-6 IMO is somewhere near average but closer to below-league average
* Bottom-6 IMO is average
* Depth for both is Average
* Defense: well below league average (still)
* Prospects: other than our two most recent 1st-rounders, it's all MEH
* Overall trade assets: below league-average, we don't have any contracts that other teams are pining for, Saad at $6mm is the most tradeable asset and his inconsistent efforts limit his trade value

When you compare the current state of affairs with where we were for the Cup years, it's pretty eye-popping because the team was ABOVE average in all areas in those seasons.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Dahlstrom was claimed by Winnipeg, I think we all agree its good for the kid.

Gilbert and Wedin also assigned to rockford

Last edited: