Pre-season IGT: State of the Franchise

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't like how Toews sought to avoid Bernier who then closed space and slammed into him well outside the blue area anyway. fucking bullshit cheap shot at his lower body.

I guess next time skate straight into the fucker.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This guy is a stud
I thought someone, maybe Saarela was wide open for a drop pass between the dots after he mesmerized the defenders.

It was a sweet move, just do not know if it is something JC frowns upon like showboating, even though he got thru

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought someone, maybe Saarela was wide open for a drop pass between the dots after he mesmerized the defenders.

It was a sweet move, just do not know if it is something JC frowns upon like showboating, even though he got thru

I'll check it out, haven't watched the whole game yet. Nonetheless, dude has super slick moves and an elite shot

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He and Bovquist have selective English. Did not get across.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Blackhawks have made the following roster moves today:
The following players were re-assigned to Rockford (AHL): Forwards Kris Versteeg and Tyler Sikura (sih-KYUR-uh) and defensemen Chad Krys (KRIHS) and Jack Ramsey.

Earlier on Friday, the following players were also re-assigned to Rockford (AHL): Forwards Nathan Noel (NOHL), Graham Knott, Tim Soderlund (SOH-duhr-luhnd), Dylan McLaughlin and defenseman Jake Ryczek (RIGH-zehk).
With all of Friday's moves, the Blackhawks training camp roster currently stands at 45: 26 forwards, 14 defensemen and five goaltenders.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jewels-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Shaw
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Smith-Carp-Perlini

13. Highmore/Sikura/Dach/Nylander or Koekkoek

Keith-Bovquist
Seabs-Maata
Murphy-Gus

Holms
8. KK or Highmore/Sikura/Dach/Nylander

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
sadly, I think Nylander gets LW with Toews and Kane and then Kubalik gets RW on line 2 Kinda still think Shaw and Jewels are redundant, might be fourth line with Smith and Carp.

I think its still Kane, Strome and Cat first shift after a PK though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sadly, I think Nylander gets LW with Toews and Kane and then Kubalik gets RW on line 2 Kinda still think Shaw and Jewels are redundant, might be fourth line with Smith and Carp.

I think its still Kane, Strome and Cat first shift after a PK though.

Maybe for a week.

but yes...my #13 reflects I dont claim to know what they are thinking. Depending on which 13 or 8 they select could mean different trios.

I think there is a good chance that Nylander and Bovquist both still go back to the Rock to start the season to hold some different contracts a minute, make room for a Dach 9, season them a bit.

Part of camp is I think they are building some young guys confidence. I wouldn't read too much into Nylander showcase until he makes the team. The players know who needs the best press. They picked him up, but still might need a little Rockford.

Where they plan to play Jewels and Perlini is the biggest question mark to me. If you want my predictive powers in play, I see the hand they showed. And I look at where the magician is keeping his cards.

What they have done is set up the status quo, while motivating the key veterans they plan to give opportunity to by razzing them a bit with the "next ups."

Kurashev is really the nail in Dach's coffin. They are confident in their center depth and will make the long term move, not feeling desperate.

That makes me think last 9 is just as likely as first 9. With a veteran team this deep...you could give him a chance if you wanted to but they don't want to, they want to protect their asset. He got some great experience, he will take it back and work on weaknesses. Come back the last 9 and then be a blackhawk without Rockford next year, full off-season.

Holms...doesnt deserve to go to AHL. He is a veteran at his peak, clearly. His poise is NHL level. He is a pro.
De Haan could go to IR. For a week. But then what to do with Holms-Koekkek.

Highmore, Sikura, Dach, Nylander...Bovquist...I'm gonna call right now none of them make it.

Based on rotations, play, and holding cards....I got

Jewels-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Kane
Shaw-Carp-Smith

Keith-Gus
Seabs-Maata
DeHaan-Murphy

Holms
Koekkoek (basically...this last spot is up for debate. Koekkoek...you could send him to waivers with Dahlstrom, or that is where Holms 2-way contract could bite him...but if Dach makes the team, or Nylander, or Bovquist...its this spot.

There is one or two spots for the combination of Holms, Koekkoek, Dahlstrom, Bovquist, Nylander, Dach, and I think Highlander(Highmore) is in it more than Sikura, but perhaps him as well, maybe Kurashev gets a look.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Dach and Boqvist get the 9 game trial.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thankfully, Sikura was sent down today. WOOHOO!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
really surprised Kukoo got the start over Bovquist.

Kubalik was back checking and chasing the puck around, sure hope he gets first or second line.

Sad we have to wait and see til Wednesday for the final home exhibition game, probably will be the starting lineup. Dont know how they will handle the germany game might want to keep Toews and Kane out of that one.

Stan better be working on getting Kukoo and Dahlstrom moved, Holm deserves an NHL spot, I doubt its here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
really surprised Kukoo got the start over Bovquist.

Kubalik was back checking and chasing the puck around, sure hope he gets first or second line.

Sad we have to wait and see til Wednesday for the final home exhibition game, probably will be the starting lineup. Dont know how they will handle the germany game might want to keep Toews and Kane out of that one.

Stan better be working on getting Kukoo and Dahlstrom moved, Holm deserves an NHL spot, I doubt its here.

They each started 2 of the 4 pre-season games though. Bovquist already made his case offensively, and showed his weaknesses defensively. I think you live with the defense if you needed to, but they don't need to and after last year don't want to.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see top 6 to start as

92-19-88
12-17-65

Bottom 6 I'm not sure so many possibilities I like

20-77-8
28-15-22/64

With Kampf has the 13th or Carpenter

I'm not sure Dach gets the 9 games but i hope he does.

Saarela will be up sooner rather than later, but I want to see more of him

Defence is pretty much locked up as

2-56
6-7
44-5

Although I think Boqvist plays until de Hann is good to go.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see top 6 to start as

92-19-88
12-17-65

Bottom 6 I'm not sure so many possibilities I like

20-77-8
28-15-22/64

With Kampf has the 13th or Carpenter

I'm not sure Dach gets the 9 games but i hope he does.

Saarela will be up sooner rather than later, but I want to see more of him

Defence is pretty much locked up as

2-56
6-7
44-5

Although I think Boqvist plays until de Hann is good to go.

I'm still not sold on 92, especially on the top line. I hope he proves me wrong.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Jewels-Carp-Smith

8 defenders or Dach9

I am surprised they are trying to clear Holm through waivers but they are.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
last home exhibition

Caggiula - Toews - Nylander
DeBrincat - Strome - Kane
Saad - Kampf - Kubalik
Wedin - Carpenter - Shaw

Keith - Gustafsson
Maatta - Seabrook
Koekkoek - Boqvist

Crawford
Delia

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting final lines. I'd love a solution where Toews can roll without Kane, but I don't know what we do with Perlini in that case. Maybe its best for everyone if Perlini got cut?

Anyway, this is really our last pre-season game tonight, televised, and then most of the final cuts + rockford are set to play the Bruins in THEIR last exhibition on Saturday. Little betting opportunity there if you understand it, as well as tonight for the Hawks side being a largley in-tact blackhawks roster vs an exhibition capitals...wait for their line-up to come out though.

The final active roster will be traveling Saturday, and I am unsure if any special roster rules exist for the Blackhawks delegation and exhibition game.

I can't wait to hear their decisions on Perlini, Nylander, Dach, Bovquist, KK, Dahlstrom, Wedin, Kubalik...