Pre snap reads: Trubisky analysis

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I actually think this is the analysis that hits the Trubisky analysis on the head.

Synopsis:

His good moments are great/special

His bad moments are brutal

There was little in between last season

In 2019 he will either be bad or one of the elite QBs in the league depending on which way it breaks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is really worth a read. He is very fair about including the special throws he makes and the impressive stuff he does on the move.

I never feel like PFF gives him credit for the impressive moments.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I actually think this is the analysis that hits the Trubisky analysis on the head.

Synopsis:

In 2019 he will either be bad or one of the elite QBs in the league depending on which way it breaks.
Considering the length of his overall QB career and it being his 2nd year in a new O after an offseason to break things down, the odds are actually in is favor.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Most of that is easy to attribute to his first season in a complicated NFL offense. We knew he was raw coming in, so it shouldnt be surprising to anyone.

Does it mean he is definitely going to put it all together? No, but I think the chances are much better he does than he doesn't, based on what weve seen so far...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Thanks for the great read @WindyCity. It’s interesting to see he indeed does have a very good arm, something that is for some reason highly contentious here. I don’t know if I agree that he regressed overall though. He got a lot better in his second season at a lot of things that he struggled with in his rookie season. Pocket presence immediately jumps out and so does leadership and command of the offense. He definitely needs to clean up that footwork that leads to those “WTF was that” throws that happened way too much this season.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

Synopsis:

Great article. Thanks for posting it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Inconsistency is common among players who are talented but inexperienced. The worst example would be Cutler, who never grew out of having extremes of brilliance and horribleness. But everyone says Trubisky is coachable, and that is reason to hope the horrible moments will occur less and less next year.

I doubt they'll ever go away completely but I can live with 90%.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well it’s a pretty safe bet that Trubisky isn’t great or rather he likely won’t be great. Great players just have it naturally, they don’t usually take years to develop.

Maybe he turns out as good though.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well it’s a pretty safe bet that Trubisky isn’t great or rather he likely won’t be great. Great players just have it naturally, they don’t usually take years to develop.

Maybe he turns out as good though.

Huh? Exactly how many quarterbacks were great straight out the gate? This sounds like a classic case of revisionist history to me.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Huh? Exactly how many quarterbacks were great straight out the gate? This sounds like a classic case of revisionist history to me.
Rodgers was damn good his first two years starting. Peyton Manning was obviously. Mahomes obviously at this this point. Russell Wilson was a stud from the get go.

FTR, the first year is always a learning year, but the second year QBs look the part.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Rodgers was damn good his first two years starting. Peyton Manning was obviously. Mahomes obviously at this this point. Russell Wilson was a stud from the get go.

FTR, the first year is always a learning year, but the second year QBs look the part.
That’s more the third year but I agree with the rest.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Brees and Brady took some time and they’re among the best of our generation. Manning and Rodgers on that list as well. But Rodgers sat forever and had plenty of time to study behind Favre. Manning was a super talent but it took him some time to really become Peyton. Also, there have been numerous QBs who have started out great, and looked like they were going to be the 2nd coming, who later fizzled completely or just became middle of the pack. The QB trajectory is among the hardest to predict in all of sports.

rogokin

Liked Posts:
Good find thank you. That throw against the lions inbetween the two defenders to Robinson is my favorite.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Brees and Brady took some time and they’re among the best of our generation. Manning and Rodgers on that list as well. But Rodgers sat forever and had plenty of time to study behind Favre. Manning was a super talent but it took him some time to really become Peyton. Also, there have been numerous QBs who have started out great, and looked like they were going to be the 2nd coming, who later fizzled completely or just became middle of the pack. The QB trajectory is among the hardest to predict in all of sports.
My problem is that consistency seems to be the issue with Mitch. Clearly he has the talent. I can’t seem to think of any QBs that “grew out of” consistency issues as they developed off the top of my head which is concerning.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

This is insanely misleading. Rodgers didn't start until his fourth year in the league and his third year in a system.

Manning didn't have a 2:1 td to int ratio until his third season, despite have Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, and Marshall Fault. He also set the all time rookie record for interceptions in a season, which still stands. Having said that, one of Manning's strengths has always been his football knowledge.

Mahomes was undeniably good in his second year. However that was his second season in a system. Like Nagy said to start last season, it would be unfair to compare the two based on last year's play. (And nevermind that Mahomes couldn't beat out Alex Smith).

Russell Wilson was asked not to lose games. He was able to make big plays with his legs and play action. Even today, he's not a top 5 QB.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This is insanely misleading. Rodgers didn't start until his fourth year in the league and his third year in a system.

Manning didn't have a 2:1 td to int ratio until his third season, despite have Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, and Marshall Fault. He also set the all time rookie record for interceptions in a season, which still stands. Having said that, one of Manning's strengths has always been his football knowledge.

Mahomes was undeniably good in his second year. However that was his second season in a system. Like Nagy said to start last season, it would be unfair to compare the two based on last year's play. (And nevermind that Mahomes couldn't beat out Alex Smith).

Russell Wilson was asked not to lose games. He was able to make big plays with his legs and play action. Even today, he's not a top 5 QB.
Agree with everything except the notion that Wilson isn’t top 5. He’s easily top 5 IMO

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Agree with everything except the notion that Wilson isn’t top 5. He’s easily top 5 IMO

I'm going to disagree. Which of these do you have him above Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Roethlisberger, Watson, Luck, Rivers, Wentz, Ryan, Newton?

I personally say he's behind Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Roethlisberger, Luck, Ryan, and a healthy Newton

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

You can’t very well know how good or not good Rodgers would have been had he started as a rookie. What we do know is that when he DID start, he was a fucking stud from the get go.

And if everyone really believes that Rodgers is so good because he sat on the bench for a few years, then don’t you think we’d be seeing that throughout the league?? Lol

Also, Wilson is easily a top 5 QB. Who cares what he was asked to do, you can’t hold that against him. He delivered (Except for that SB pass lol).

Also speaking of misleading, lol at you diminishing Manning’s second season by cherry picking his TD:INT ratio. Take a better look at those other stats... manning had a rough first year, that’s it. He took off after that.