My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesn't change my hopes and dreams.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well it’s a pretty safe bet that Trubisky isn’t great or rather he likely won’t be great. Great players just have it naturally, they don’t usually take years to develop.

Maybe he turns out as good though.

Actually, there are many great QBs who had slower starts to their careers. Most don’t just hit the NFL and play at an elite level right away.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You can’t very well know how good or not good Rodgers would have been had he started as a rookie. What we do know is that when he DID start, he was a fucking stud from the get go.

And if everyone really believes that Rodgers is so good because he sat on the bench for a few years, then don’t you think we’d be seeing that throughout the league?? Lol

Also, Wilson is easily a top 5 QB. Who cares what he was asked to do, you can’t hold that against him. He delivered (Except for that SB pass lol).

Also speaking of misleading, lol at you diminishing Manning’s second season by cherry picking his TD:INT ratio. Take a better look at those other stats... manning had a rough first year, that’s it. He took off after that.

In Year FOUR.
Maturing
Learning the system.

Shit, if all you do for three years is read and learn you better be ready!

That doesn’t mean any qb sitting 3 years will be as good. Nor does it mean Rodgers would have been bad with less time sitting. I don’t believe either of those things. Rodgers is elite.

But it is unfair to compare his first year playing with that of qbs playing right out of the gate, often with bad teams

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In Year FOUR.
Maturing
Learning the system.

Shit, if all you do for three years is read and learn you better be ready!

That doesn’t mean any qb sitting 3 years will be as good. Nor does it mean Rodgers would have been bad with less time sitting. I don’t believe either of those things. Rodgers is elite.

But it is unfair to compare his first year playing with that of qbs playing right out of the gate, often with bad teams
I think it's safe to say that Mitchell is NOT the "elite" QB that Pace traded up for though, no?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let's hope so. With consistent QB play this might be the best team in the NFL.
Honestly Trubisky is the only thing holding this team back. Imagine if he were the type of QB that makes everyone on the O better?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's hope so. With consistent QB play this might be the best team in the NFL.

I think improvement is a given simply based on experience, reps, and coaching.

Nagy will improve as well.

The questions are how much? How quickly?

My opinion is that we can take bust off the table for Mitch. He works too hard and has too many skills to be a flame out player. I think he has a high ceiling because of the play making ability and ability to extend plays. I think he will take a step next year based on what I said above, I am just not sure where the climb starts.

Gun to my head I think he will be a fringe top 10 guy like Cam Newton, MVP year aside, or Stafford. Guys who make enough plays to win you games, but with enough inconsistency that they are not elite guys.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly Trubisky is the only thing holding this team back. Imagine if he were the type of QB that makes everyone on the O better?

I do not think he even needs to be that good for them to make a serious run. I do think he could be that guy.

If he is Alex Smith and is just more efficient with fewer bad mistakes, the Bears probably make a strong run at it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do not think he even needs to be that good for them to make a serious run. I do think he could be that guy.

If he is Alex Smith and is just more efficient with fewer bad mistakes, the Bears probably make a strong run at it.

I don't feel that he makes a lot of bad mistakes. I think his weakness is more missing opportunities that are available than making bad decisions. He's more a stalled drive kinda guy than a turnover kinda guy like ol' Jay.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't feel that he makes a lot of bad mistakes. I think his weakness is more missing opportunities that are available than making bad decisions. He's more a stalled drive kinda guy than a turnover kinda guy like ol' Jay.

Sorry, I count those in bad mistakes. The over throws to Miller are one that stands out to me. Those were not turnovers, but they were drive killers and big plays that were missed.

I agree he is not a meltdown guy like Jay or Bortles.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Exactly this

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Eagles game is a prime example. Trubisky seemed like he was a bit nervous in that game. He sailed some passes and got himself into trouble early, but got stronger as the game went on and seemed more sure of himself.

Seems like experience and confidence will wash away early game nerves.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Eagles game is a prime example. Trubisky seemed like he was a bit nervous in that game. He sailed some passes and got himself into trouble early, but got stronger as the game went on and seemed more sure of himself.

I actually thought one of his best games was the Vikings game at the end of the season.

On the road, team that is desperate to win, great defense [best 3rd down defense], and he methodically and under controlled absolutely diced them up. He did not see nervous, he was on point with his timing and throws, and looked more composed then he did early in the season.

Super pedestrian statistically, but I really felt he was in control of the game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not worth the extra injury risk
Mitch had 11 throws last pre. Tom Brady had 44. Immobile, old, injury prone Rivers had 14. I think these guys don't need as much practice against live Ds as Mitch. Roth had 18. Brees and Rodgers had less but these are all top guys that know their O, catchers and checks etc. Look at his draft class. Watson was coming back from a knee and had 15 throws. Mahomes had 43.

We also played an extra game. Mitch may have been held out to not give GB a better look but that won't be an issue this time.
Hoping he has more than 11 throws is not the same as wanting him to take unreasonable risk.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think some of him trying not to fuck up makes him fuck up. Just stay aggressive and take your lumps. My biggest issue with him are WTF did you see there type throws. They weren't that often but the few we saw were real head scratchers. The rest should come as he has the tools and the game slowing down should help but really blind reads always scare me.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some of him trying not to fuck up makes him fuck up. Just stay aggressive and take your lumps. My biggest issue with him are WTF did you see there type throws. They weren't that often but the few we saw were real head scratchers. The rest should come as he has the tools and the game slowing down should help but really blind reads always scare me.

Young guy trying to make a play happen.