Preseason Impressions

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
So far through the first three games, this is what's standing out to me.

1. This isn't the same offense I've watched over the past several years. Even when it was supposed to be "different" in years past, it wasn't.
2. Cutler understands that.
3. Forte looks even more dangerous than normal in this kind of offense.
4. Alshon looks ready for that next step.

5. It's hard to evaluate who the backup recievers should be at this point, because every time they get on the field, so does McCown.
6. McCown looks dreadful. Please stay HEALTHY Jay. Please get Healthy Blanchard.
7. Onobun isn't ready. Possible PS material. Bennett is #1 TE, Maneri will make it as a blocking TE, which leaves the #3 TE to be another pass catching capable TE in two TE sets. Onobun isn't ready for that yet.
8. Maybe Kyle Adams is, but even if he isn't, he probably makes the team, because I don't think any of the other TE's are either.
9. Ford looks NFL ready in my opinion. He makes bad plays decent, decent plays good, and good plays better.
10. M. Wilson may be more ready than I suspected. Right now, he and Weems may both make the team and the real battle might be between Anderson, Aromashodu, and maybe Tolliver.

11. Our 1st Team D looks as solid as last year. They just make things happen.
12. Before looking it up, I thought that might have been the first time I've seen Tillman with a sack.
13. Hester looks focused on a goal.
14. If Bostic ends up starting right now, there are going to be some significant growing pains to accept. One thing of note ... His pursuit angle always seems to be just slightly behind the ball.

15. When the starters go out on Defense, the middle of the field is wide open against us.
16. Not impressed with any member of our backup secondary so far. It would be nice to have at least one of them step up now and then.
17. Our backup Defensive Linemen are like Bulls in the China shop. Sometimes that's good ... most of the time, it's not.
18. A few of our backup Offensive Linemen seem to do okay individually at times, but as a group, they have been less than impressive. Boggs and Brown seem to be the best of the bunch.
19. Webb really must not care.
20. Tuesday cuts: Tress Way, Demontre Hurst, Derrick Martin, Jerry Franklin, Lawrence Wilson, Eric Foster, Christian Tupou, Josh Williams, Kyle Moore, A.J. Lindeman, P.J. Longergan, Leonard Pope, Brittan Golden, Curtis Brinkley, Brent Russell

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thinking kyle moore will get another chance after tonight but you can internet pillory me on this after tuesday if I'm wrong

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
20. Tuesday cuts: Tress Way, Demontre Hurst, Derrick Martin, Jerry Franklin, Lawrence Wilson, Eric Foster, Christian Tupou, Josh Williams, Kyle Moore, A.J. Lindeman, P.J. Longergan, Leonard Pope, Brittan Golden, Curtis Brinkley, Brent Russell

Noooooooo, another MB hero may bite the dust

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
Bostic has some serious legs. Running down Terell Pryor is not easy. He's out of position sometimes but he makes some real impact plays. Would be nice to get DJ Williams back, but I think Bostic is your starter. McCown gets a lot of praise, but with the 2nd string he looks shaky.