Question about Chicago

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My wife and I will be making our first trip to Chicago in February. Any opinions on The River hotel? We also planned on eating at Ditkas restaurant, and a tour of soldier field. Is there anywhere else you’d recommend to eat or see? Thanks.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My wife and I will be making our first trip to Chicago in February. Any opinions on The River hotel? We also planned on eating at Ditkas restaurant, and a tour of soldier field. Is there anywhere else you’d recommend to eat or see? Thanks.
Gus’ fried chicken.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If possible if the wait isn't too long, Lou Malnati’s is the best fricken pizza I've ever had. Also navy pier is always a good place to check out, especially if you've never been to Chicago. Unfortunately the Ferris wheel will probably be closed in February but there is still a lot to do there.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Price range?
How old are you?
What is your favorite food?

Gibsons Italia, reserve in advance 75$ a plate.
Sunda. Japanese fushion. 60$ a plate.
Blackbird 100+ 2star Michelin rated restaurant. Fancy. Posdibly best food in chicago.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
If you stay by the River Hotel:

If you like the jazz music - you are right by Andy's Jazz Club. World class musicians - again if you like the jazz...if not then nevermind. For pizza - you are close to Uno's, Due, Malnatis, or Giordanos. If I had control of your itinerary I would send you to some great thin crust spots in different neighborhoods but you can do the deep dish thing downtown. Garrett's popcorn is a good idea - close to you. You are pretty close to greek town which has great greek food spots - worth checking out because Chicago does greek food pretty good. There is also the Chicago Museum of Losing located on Clark and Addison well north of you.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Price range?
How old are you?
What is your favorite food?

Gibsons Italia, reserve in advance 75$ a plate.
Sunda. Japanese fushion. 60$ a plate.
Blackbird 100+ 2star Michelin rated restaurant. Fancy. Posdibly best food in chicago.
I don’t want to say money’s not an issue, because I’m not loaded by any means, but we are gonna be there for a day and a half and I want to squeeze in what I can. We are mid 30s, and pretty much open to eating any food. My wife loves Japanese so we will make sure we hit that place up for sure.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
My favorite when I visit is Luke's Italian Beef. Don't miss out on one of those...

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
def portillos,
gibson's steakhouse - turtle pie(its not pie, ice cream dessert) but its great
if you like chinese, hit up china town
Hing Kee - hands down best soup dumping place ( i think its called xiau long bau)
if your into korean
Cho Sun Ok - best korean you'll have and the price is very reasonable, short ribs or brisket are what they are known for...if you do plan to go i'd try and avoid peak time like 6-8 or you'll be in line waiting

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Go swimming in the river. The toxins will no doubt give you super powers.

Last edited:

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Also don't do Portillo's or Lou Malnattis, they aren't as good as advertised. The best deep dish is Pequods, and POrtillos is just a hot dog joint with decent sandwiches from the suburbs. If the wife loves Japanese food the recommendation of Sunda is seconded.

If you like beer over cocktails Chicago is loaded with breweries. I would recommend those over a cocktail bar that is like $15 a drink. Haymarket is downtown and is fairly decent. Places outside of downtown like Half Acre and Revolution are the best though.