Rams sign pass-rusher Leonard Floyd for one year, $10M

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
By suggesting Floyd might benefit from Aaron Donald walking him into some production (by padding his stats) isn’t making excuses for Floyd. It’s actually kind of insulting. Donald does the work and Floyd gets a few layups. You fucking guys are amazing.

Fair enough if you weren't making an excuse. However, after years of hearing how Floyd is going to break out, it certainly sounds like another excuse. Dude is gone. Good riddance to him and hope it works out for him. Quite frankly the Rams better off sticking him at some rather than DE. The only time he has ever looked good rushing the passer is on a blitz where he ends up matched up against a TE or a RB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Floyd suits a team that isn't looking for pass rush help. That wasn't the Bears.

Hard to imagine how some people cannot understand this..

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's best to think of Floyd as a coverage linebacker and occasional blitzer. He's great in pursuit, but doesn't do well when lined up across a tackle with decent feet. Who knows; he may do well with the Rams, just don't expect much pressure.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Dude sat opposite of Mack and produced 3 sacks. I dont care about all the other sh*** he did. Teams were able to protect themselves by tripling Mack and leaving scrubs to cover everyone else. We need impact plays and pressure! I dont even want him as a starter let alone getting 10 mil. Maybe he is a good rotational guy at 3-5 mil a year, but at this point in time not much more.

Reactions: DC

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Quinn will be an immediate and huge upgrade. I can’t wait to see Mack with more 1v1’s. Fuck Floyd!

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great motor. Lots of effort. Had great games against Green bay and I'll always appreciate that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
By suggesting Floyd might benefit from Aaron Donald walking him into some production (by padding his stats) isn’t making excuses for Floyd. It’s actually kind of insulting. Donald does the work and Floyd gets a few layups. You fucking guys are amazing.
What is amazing is that you think Floyd was not in one of the easiest positions ever to rack up sacks with Mack, Goldman, and Hicks all worthy of double teams. As an OLB, you could not dream of a more opportunistic situation, yet he still underachieved.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Who’s “pass rusher Leonard Floyd”??

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What is amazing is that you think Floyd was not in one of the easiest positions ever to rack up sacks with Mack, Goldman, and Hicks all worthy of double teams. As an OLB, you could not dream of a more opportunistic situation, yet he still underachieved.

Donald has 33 sacks the last two seasons. Just think about how the ghost of Dante Fowler benefitted from the QB being flushed by Donald.

Floyd is a good football player. He is exactly what he was in college. He’s never been an elite pass rusher.
Donald might help his sack numbers.

Liked Posts:
Floyd played with Hicks and Mack and sucked balls so I don’t see how this’ll be any different.

Yep. If you go back to 2018, where everyone was healthy, Fangio trotted out some base packages with Hicks, Mack, & Nichols on the front, Floyd still couldnt get to the the QB. They may not be Donald, but are some pretty damn good passrushers. I know Fangio did drop Floyd back into a hook, but he still had plenty of opportunities.

You go back to 2019, & Pagano caught a ton of flack for playing more off coverage with the CBs. Pagano did that because he wanted to blitz Floyd alot more. Which IMO is what position should entail. Floyd got worse.

Yes there were injuries but Floyd still had Mack, & Hicks replacement lead the defense in sack totals for alot of the season. Its not like he didnt still have plenty of legit help.

Any way one slices it, Floyd had plenty of help & chances to get to the QB. Especially under Pagano.

I cant knock the front office for this move, even if he does manage to play well for a year in L.A.