Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to congratulate Jackson for being more aggressive than expected. He stuck came up and stuck his hat in there bette than film would have you believe and his coverages were just as good. Our safeties turned from a weakness into a strength in one year with his play and (rookie!) calls in center field plus allowing Amos into his natural position at SS.

A tip of the cap to Trubisky for being able to handle starting a bit too early for what the O staff wanted him to do and showing steady growth while doing so. The unimaginative nature of the O and insistence that he stay in it didn't always look great but may actually have helped him develop into a real NFL QB sooner. That he managed to recover from the mechanical breakdowns, which seemed to occur in weeks the OL was shit, by coming out the next week back on top of the ball is encouraging for his long term success. An offseason of reps and Nagy will do him right.

I know most wanted the rook to start day one but if you watch Mahomes game at the end of the year. He was miles better at his reads and mechanics than college. He still needs work with quicker decisions and throwing earlier but it was impressive for a 1st outing considering where he started and the associated cast he was playing with. Nagy deserves a lot of the credit here. Awesome audition for developing a QB.

Like everyone, I was impressed with Cohen and his ability to assimilate a lot of responsibilities in a relatively short time. That said, it was mostly him doing his thing. If he gets better coaching, he could be just that much better. He still doesn't trust his holes enough and while I'm not complaining, I think he could be that much better breaking an arm tackle to take and upfield tact and not allowing the pursuit to fill his side while he dances. Here's where or ST coach may help. Toub had his returners break the 1st wave before picking a side. Hopefully his disciple does the same though I honestly don't know. Who watches the browns? Gunners with that much momentum have a hard time squaring a nifty guy up if he makes that window smaller. That an getting better about when to field a punt would make him even more special than he is. Not a bad rap on him but a critique for a special talent.

Last edited:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to congratulate Jackson for being more aggressive than expected. He stuck came up and stuck his hat in there bette than film would have you believe and his coverages were just as good. Our safeties turned from a weakness into a strength in one year with his play and (rookie!) calls in center field plus allowing Amos into his natural position at SS.

A tip of the cap to Trubisky for being able to handle starting a bit too early for what the O staff wanted him to do and showing steady growth while doing so. The unimaginative nature of the O and insistence that he stay in it didn't always look great but may actually have helped him develop into a real NFL QB sooner. That he managed to recover from the mechanical breakdowns, which seemed to occur in weeks the OL was shit, by coming out the next week back on top of the ball is encouraging for his long term success. An offseason of reps and Nagy will do him right.

I know most wanted the rook to start day one but if you watch Mahomes game at the end of the year. He was miles better at his reads and mechanics than college. He still needs work with quicker decisions and throwing earlier but it was impressive for a 1st outing considering where he started and the associated cast he was playing with. Nagy deserves a lot of the credit here. Awesome audition for developing a QB.

Like everyone, I was impressed with Cohen and his ability to assimilate a lot of responsibilities in a relatively short time. That said, it was mostly him doing his thing. If he gets better coaching, he could be just that much better. He still doesn't trust his holes enough and while I'm not complaining, I think he could be that much better breaking an arm tackle to take and upfield tact and not allowing the pursuit to fill his side while he dances. Here's where or ST coach may help. Toub had his returners break the 1st wave before picking a side. Gunners with that much momentum have a hard time squaring a nifty guy up if he makes that window smaller. That an getting better about when to field a punt would make him even more special than he is. Not a bad rap on him but a critique for a special talent.

Shaheen: Lots to like here and we all saw it. Had a long way to go and looked like he belonged in all phases by the end of the year. Needs higher knees when running but it's not a big issue and probably something that will get fixed in the off season. Natural hands fast and huge. Blocking ability was a surprise considering his level of competition coming out. Shows me that he has VG balance and leverage even if he did fall down too often.

Morgan. Almost forgot about him. Incomplete but this is where I like to draft Gs which is what he's projected to be.

Last is Mizzell. Taquan was active for 3 games but I don't think he got an O snap. I had projected him in the slot and still think he should be groomed for it. He could assume Cohen's roll if he can't go but he's not the O player Cohen is. Similar but not as balanced, shifty strong or fast. Sounds like a bad rap but it says more about Cohen than Mizzell. I still think he belongs and should get some looks as the ball handler on special teams as well, especially punts.

Good write up. Intrigued by Mizzell

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stream of unconsciousness.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Tip of the cap? LOLOLOLOLO. Welcome to 1922

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Zozzled Dewdropper!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
winston-churchill-hat-raise_Fotor.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's 50 in 1922. I'll take it.
As long as I can continue to sport a stiff shaft in all my endeavours, I'm content.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Like everyone, I was impressed with Cohen and his ability to assimilate a lot of responsibilities in a relatively short time. That said, it was mostly him doing his thing. If he gets better coaching, he could be just that much better. He still doesn't trust his holes enough and while I'm not complaining, I think he could be that much better breaking an arm tackle to take and upfield tact and not allowing the pursuit to fill his side while he dances. Here's where or ST coach may help. Toub had his returners break the 1st wave before picking a side. Hopefully his disciple does the same though I honestly don't know. Who watches the browns? Gunners with that much momentum have a hard time squaring a nifty guy up if he makes that window smaller. That an getting better about when to field a punt would make him even more special than he is. Not a bad rap on him but a critique for a special talent.

Shaheen: Lots to like here and we all saw it. Had a long way to go and looked like he belonged in all phases by the end of the year. Needs higher knees when running but it's not a big issue and probably something that will get fixed in the off season. Natural hands fast and huge. Blocking ability was a surprise considering his level of competition coming out. Shows me that he has VG balance and leverage even if he did fall down too often.

Morgan. Almost forgot about him. Incomplete but this is where I like to draft Gs which is what he's projected to be.

Last is Mizzell. Taquan was active for 3 games but I don't think he got an O snap. I had projected him in the slot and still think he should be groomed for it. He could assume Cohen's roll if he can't go but he's not the O player Cohen is. Similar but not as balanced, shifty strong or fast. Sounds like a bad rap but it says more about Cohen than Mizzell. I still think he belongs and should get some looks as the ball handler on special teams as well, especially punts.

Fox may have actually screwed himself, while at the same time actually developing our rookie talent.

Trubisky- was able to learn on the job, while not actually being asked to do a ton. Exactly how you should bring a rookie QB along in a totally wasted season.

Cohen - Rookie RB can contribute, and I think he was involved just about as much as you can without taking reps away from Howard. Plus as you mentioned, they actually put a lot on his plate, to see if he could handle it and he did. Once again, Exactly how you should bring a rookie RB along.

Shaheen- came in as a liability in the blocking game, and the primary snaps he got, was blocking and in the red zone where it was hard not to take advantage of his physical ability. He got some focus in the passing game after Miller went out. TEs usually do not get involved in their rookie season, so Shaheen was involved enough to get excited AND he learned how important it is to block. Again, exactly how you would want to develop a rookie TE.

I watched Mizzellall preseason with the Ravens and he looked like the next Danny Woodhead, with not only good hands, but great hands.