Rangers and Elvis Andrus agree to extension

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
From Twitters:

@Ken_Rosenthal 6m
Sources: Andrus, #Rangers close on eight-year deal, believed to be for $120 million.

Dude. What the hell.

Last edited:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the real Rosenthal's account, and it's way too close to April Fool's Day :shifty:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, it's real.

Heyman confirms: eight years, $120MM that brings the total commitment to ten years and $131.275MM and may include out clauses if he wants to hit the market.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro deal looks like a steal now. Boras does it again. Profar better learn another position really fast cause SS is gone

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Profar probably moves to 2B, but CF could be option as well at some point. Most experts are pointing to Profar 2B and Kinsler to 1B in the near future.

And seriously if Boras guys aren't hitting the market anymore than you know that the only guys that are going to be available in free agency from now on are guys with serious questions or in serious decline.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Profar probably moves to 2B, but CF could be option as well at some point. Most experts are pointing to Profar 2B and Kinsler to 1B in the near future.

And seriously if Boras guys aren't hitting the market anymore than you know that the only guys that are going to be available in free agency from now on are guys with serious questions or in serious decline.

FA is going to rough it looks like. Which makes scouting and developing mean even more then ever

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
FA is going to rough it looks like. Which makes scouting and developing mean even more then ever

tumblr_m7pbfw4Y6Q1ryxuiio1_500.gif

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why Cubs should have not been so cheap and went after Yu, Cespedes, and Puig ALOT HARDER. They finished 2nd in all 3 cause #rickettscheap :cubstroll:

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Why Cubs should have not been so cheap and went after Yu, Cespedes, and Puig ALOT HARDER. They finished 2nd in all 3 cause #rickettscheap :cubstroll:

Even though he panned out I'm ok with missing on Yu, but Yoenis was the one that gave me a sad when it happened. Never saw Oakland in on him.

Sent from up Mark Teixeira's butt.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand why they didn't grant the hit the market early deal. Puig looks to be legit and that is going to be a miss.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
“He’s behaving like he’s a mid-market team,” famed sports economist Andrew Zimbalist said of Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts, whose family owns the most profitable team in the majors in the third-largest market in the country.

Told you #rickettscheap

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
The other part of that story is how they are in a ton of debt

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other part of that story is how they are in a ton of debt

Then he shouldnt have bought the team. His family couldnt afford it and now he has to make money to pay the debt. Of course its Cub fans luck that an owner has to worry about money over winning buys the team. To me if you own a MLB team it should not be to make money. It should be to win WS and to be a hobby. I want a old rich bastard who dont care about making money.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Then he shouldnt have bought the team. His family couldnt afford it and now he has to make money to pay the debt. Of course its Cub fans luck that an owner has to worry about money over winning buys the team. To me if you own a MLB team it should not be to make money. It should be to win WS and to be a hobby. I want a old rich bastard who dont care about making money.

You're a nice guy. I would advise you to really read the stuff you quote before you go on the #RickettsCheap vendetta. There's only so many times I can point out how they've spent money to improve the organization on the whole.

Looking at the MLB roster as any indication that the Cubs aren't trying to win is shallow and short sighted. It's easy, it's a surface argument that doesn't look at what they're doing on all levels of the org. I'm not listing them anymore. At this point if you continue to ignore it then you just don't want to recognize it as legitimate. It's wasted energy at this point.

Put simply Ricketts and the F/o care more about winning than you ever will. Their reputation is directly staked to the Cubs success. The debt was a known, and that's part of the reason why the Cubs are doing what they're doing. It was obviously not crippling given the money they've spent, but it does make those money decisions very, very important.

Like I said, you want to believe that Ricketts is cheap. So go for it. I'm done talking about that.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i actually understand what they are doing. I do think though cause Ricketts is in debt it will hurt them in the long run. As a fan i just wish the type of group that bought LAD would have bought the Cubs. Then Cubs could spend on organization + help the MLB club while building up the organization. I have actually changed my views on Ricketts alot. Just articles like these dont help other fans understand what they are doing. All they see is quotes like i put

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
i actually understand what they are doing. I do think though cause Ricketts is in debt it will hurt them in the long run. As a fan i just wish the type of group that bought LAD would have bought the Cubs. Then Cubs could spend on organization + help the MLB club while building up the organization. I have actually changed my views on Ricketts alot. Just articles like these dont help other fans understand what they are doing. All they see is quotes like i put

I get that but you are smart, you understand that LA is a much bigger market and that they are helped a lot by that mega deal they signed. TV money helps and I'm not convinced the Doyers are better than 86 wins.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopfully Cubs get that Mega TV deal very soon. I would say then they can spend more money but way FA is going to be shit now i dont think that be smart. Drafting and development going to be bigger now.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back on the subject of Elvis Andrus. It appears like there is an opt-out clause for Andrus in four years that would allow him to hit the market at age 29.