Rashaad Coward seems to be our starting RG

Johnny Flash

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd say let the dude show us, what he's got. And if he performs, then keep him at guard. No need to do the old switcheroo every time someone showes a hint of consistency.

I'm not one for college football, so are there any tackles the Bears could get in next year's draft that you guys are high on?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
personally i wanted bars to get the job but heard on a podcast that hiestand doesn't like to use rookies

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gotta start moving that line of scrimmage. It is a must. I am wondering when we are going to settle on Coward, then want Larsen to play left guard so Whitehair can move to tackle.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'd say let the dude show us, what he's got. And if he performs, then keep him at guard. No need to do the old switcheroo every time someone showes a hint of consistency.

I'm not one for college football, so are there any tackles the Bears could get in next year's draft that you guys are high on?
There are just not enough roster spots for backup offensive linemen, so backups need to show they can be versatile.
Thats is the big oxymoron is the NFL, the starters get 10 million to play one position, the backups have to know all of them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the right move. He has the upside, power, and athletic ability to possibly develop into something by the end of the year.

There will be some rough patches, but there is a decent chance he is better than Larsen once he gets a couple of starts under his belt.

His power is going to be a welcome upgrade in the run game. Long was consistently driven back into the backfield.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is the right move. He has the upside, power, and athletic ability to possibly develop into something by the end of the year.

There will be some rough patches, but there is a decent chance he is better than Larsen once he gets a couple of starts under his belt.

His power is going to be a welcome upgrade in the run game. Long was consistently driven back into the backfield.
Massie is no slouch either when it comes to run blocking, so if both could get some chemistry going we might be able to power run the ball at least to the right.

I know that Long was not the only one looking like crap at times, but replacing him might lead to not only improvements at the position, but possibly, it could have a positive ripple effect across the entire unit.

I sound like a Homer, but it does happen that one players can make a difference on those around him.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Massie is no slouch either when it comes to run blocking, so if both could get some chemistry going we might be able to power run the ball at least to the right.

I know that Long was not to only one looking like crap at times, but replacing him might lead to not only improvements at the position, but possibly, it could have a positive ripple effect across the entire unit.

I sound like a Homer, but it does happen that one players can make a difference on those around him.

It will. He was so bad it was screwing up everyone else. Montgomery had to dodge his guy immediately and often destroyed the angle for other guys.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I know that Long was not to only one looking like crap at times, but replacing him might lead to not only improvements at the position, but possibly, it could have a positive ripple effect across the entire unit.

You ain't wrong. Look how much better the line looked against the Vikings. I mean, we still couldn't run the freaking ball. But pass pro was much better.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I will take it a step further. I think this will lead to better play by Trubisky. Long was so incredibly inept due to his declining health,effecting the entire oline unit, that he made the run game easily manageable by the front 4 that teams could focus on taking away the passing game.

He was the offensive lineman version of ED. Coward is going to be the HIMS. This offensive line is about to grow hair and block all night long maybe even a second or third time... after a little rest, all at once.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I will take it a step further. I think this will lead to better play by Trubisky. Long was so incredibly inept due to his declining health,effecting the entire oline unit, that he made the run game easily manageable by the front 4 that teams could focus on taking away the passing game.

He was the offensive lineman version of ED. Coward is going to be the HIMS. This offensive line is about to grow hair and block all night long maybe even a second or third time... after a little rest, all at once.
I didn't want to be that much of a homer...but I AGREE, and if the RBs, see an actual hole develop that they can run through, perhaps they will hit the hole at full speed instead of avoid 4 tackles in the back field.

The Saints are middle of the road when it comes to rushing defense allowing 102 ypg so far this season, I would say our best chance of beating the Saints is to get off the bus running, because I have a sneeky suspicion that Mitch is going to be "Rusty", and hesitant coming off injury.