rate the coaching staff

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
How does this staff rate in your opinion.
Rate in NFCN
Rate in NFL.

Just looking for opinions and will not be used against you in a court of law.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With Fangio

Without Fangio

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great but not great enough to overcome Trubisky’s shortcomings
RG0BS1U.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy is the worst head coach I've ever seen.

Need to bring back John "The Silver" Fox.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mr. Autistic strikes again.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFCN - 1
NFL - 4 - 6? If he has another successful year where you can see growth as a HC and OC, then I think he moves into the 2 - 4 range.

Consistency at the Head Coaching position would be a God send for the Bears Organization. If Nagy turns out to be a consistantly great coach, you're looking at possibly 20 - 25 years of him holding that position based on his age. It could change the world's perception of the Bears Organization permanently. (Yes, I understand it's just a single trajectory prediction and we could what if it to death, but that's future CCS's problems.)

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now I view Nagy as extremely overrated, however in the years ahead he may live up to the hype. Our defense was awesome last year, he had nothing to do with that. That was built over the last few years, and was hurt by injuries. Then Mack was added and the team stayed relatively healthy and retained Fangio. Nagy does steal defensive players though for his trick plays, which I love when they work but cringe when they don't.

The offense was average at best last year. Some tweaking in off-season, we shall see. That is Nagys baby, so I will rate him on that. Also seems to be a great motivator.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Nagy will be a good/great HC. I dont even know what Pagano's defense is going to look like, so it's impossible to rate him yet. I don't think he will be a drop off from Fangio though.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Gotta wait until the second season is done before you can accurately rate an offensive minded Head Coach. In year one they can catch a lot of teams off guard. In year two they have to show they can adjust as the defenses do that same. As an example:

Chip Kelly year one:

giphy.gif

Chip Kelly year two:

giphy.gif

Chip Kelly weeks 1-15:

tenor.gif

Chip Kelly week 16 (fired):

giphy.gif

Seriously, think about that. In just over 3 seasons he went from being an offensive genius to someone who wouldn't change to someone who was completely celebrated when they were gone.

Year 2 will be huge for Nagy. He could be the next Doug Pederson or the next Brad Childress. Time will tell.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
1 (that’s not saying much/ low bar)
Top 5
Honestly Harry H is probably my biggest surprise/disappointment given his reputation.
But I guess he’s not Harry Houdini with the personnel here.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what are thee Mitch shortcomings?
I see none really.
He was inconsistent with his accuracy without a doubt but i can live with that. He also struggled reading coverages in some games. I am hopeful that these get better with experience.
Everyone knew he was raw and would need time so i don't understand the hate from a few, but to each their own.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He was inconsistent with his accuracy without a doubt but i can live with that. He also struggled reading coverages in some games. I am hopeful that these get better with experience.
Everyone knew he was raw and would need time so i don't understand the hate from a few, but to each their own.
Do you mean accurate with his inconsistency?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. Brad Childress is still a great offensive mind. He wasn't a terrible HC but wasn't one of the best either. Would have been better if you actually had picked a failure of a head coach like Josh McDaniels as your other extreme.